Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we have the capacity or capability of buying an unknown gem anymore or is this now the domain of any other club but us?

And no I am not saying all the players that clubs sign will come good but these signings are producing the buzz of excitement that we used to be renown for.

Now our best bet seems to be reality TV.

Honestly what the fcuk does our scouting system do????

Do we have the capacity or capability of buying an unknown gem anymore or is this now the domain of any other club but us?

And no I am not saying all the players that clubs sign will come good but these signings are producing the buzz of excitement that we used to be renown for.

Now our best bet seems to be reality TV.

Honestly what the fcuk does our scouting system do????

Our scouts? They watch the likes of Will Hughes. And are impressed by him

Unknown gems don’t cost 35M
We have an academy that just churned out Tanganaga from nowhere, Skipp looking to make the step up, Kane, Winks and who knows, Cirkin next?
Wolves not having an academy worth a wank isn’t our problem

Unknown gems don’t cost 35M
We have an academy that just churned out Tanganaga from nowhere, Skipp looking to make the step up, Kane, Winks and who knows, Cirkin next?
Wolves not having an academy worth a wank isn’t our problem

Kane yes. Tanganga and Skipp we shall see.

We still need to produce more and track better.

Wolves drop 40m on a player - Airfixx Airfixx and co’s argument about Covid austerity in absolute tatters by the day

No other club have been affected by Covid, especially the bigger clubs who are spending more money than ever. The only club fumbling around as per usual getting freebies and not spending the appropriate money is once again Spurs. Another summer of barely any net spend because our tight fisted cunt of a chairman lacks any ambition. The Spurs documentary is proof in the pudding, he makes excuses every single time.

No other club have been affected by Covid, especially the bigger clubs who are spending more money than ever. The only club fumbling around as per usual getting freebies and not spending the appropriate money is once again Spurs. Another summer of barely any net spend because our tight fisted cunt of a chairman lacks any ambition. The Spurs documentary is proof in the pudding, he makes excuses every single time.
Good job those teams don’t have to rustle up 1.2bn over the next few years

I can't but you also intimated don't worry about other clubs.

Our model has to be cleverer to bridge any financial or income gap.
Not if the academy produces the quality we need. That’s the whole point.

People wanted us to spend 60M on De Ligt because he scored a header.
I’d rather go with Tanganga for free.....looks a proper player

Two stockbrokers have a fight in a new York bar, and that raises concerns with levy who reigns the spending in just in case.

You're wasting your time. People saw his stats on Twitter, and thought they knew better.
Or you could find an article to refute the ten I posted that states he’s a DM...?

Yet another piece:
“Author Martí Perarnau, writing in Pep Confidential, said of Højbjerg. “Pep had heard good things about Højbjerg before coming to Bayern and it has taken just a couple of training sessions for him to fall in love with the player. Pep thinks he may have just found the Sergio Busquets of Bayern.”

But don’t tell me, Busquets wasn’t a DM and Pep just read twitter

Last edited:
I don’t think he’s that bad but he doesn’t really do anything.

I think we need a new number 10. Someone more creative than Dele who Mourinho seems to see in that role.
He's another nothing midfielder, not holding, not creative, doesnt score. We already have Winks, Sissoko and probably Hojbjerg as bits and pieces midfielers, we really dont want or need another. As you say we're crying out for some creativity. Will bloody Hughes? Lets hope its a crap rumour.

Back
Top Bottom