Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Waaaaaaaahhhh we need a DM.....oh

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh get a RB in NOW.....oh

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh I didn’t mind no back up striker for the last year but what else will I shit my pants over???? Wahhhhhhhhhhhh
We haven't signed a DM so ...

Last edited:
Although, the only people that didnt mind no back up striker for the last year was actually yourself, Airfixx Airfixx and a few other clowns.

Think about it for a minute, mate

tenor.gif

Ok. Good man

You realise you're actually taking the piss out of yourself, right?
Sammy too, though to his credit he did a sudden and seamless 180 and joined the critical faction

:dierno:

Although, the only people that didnt mind no back up striker for the last year was actually yourself, Airfixx Airfixx and a few other clowns.

Think about it for a minute, mate

tenor.gif

Ok. Good man

You realise you're actually taking the piss out of yourself, right?
Nope....awkward....allllll the way back to January 2019.
Guess who wanted a striker?
When practically the whole of TFC said our only problem was Trippier and a RB was priority.
And saying a striker would just be to cover injuries and isn’t a reason to spend.

History can’t be whitewashed John, because I actually know what my opinions are:

Need an attacker whether its a striker, winger whatever

Ive seen suggestions of playing Dele deep for Sissoko, but that way we just lose yet another from the front line if we dont sign cover
Which goes back to my point earlier in the week that the club have been naive in the striker department.
Do we think Kane is going to play every game for the next 15 years?

It’s absurd not to rotate him.

I’m genuinely starting to fear a new King/Dembele situation
Maybe ginola92 thinks Jenas hasn’t got a clue what he’s talking about as he’d be livid if we signed a striker and would rather replace Trippier right now

:pochfacepalm:
In my opinion, Llorente and Janssen need upgrading (not sure how anyone can argue against that but each to their own), so why not do it now?

Dembele has gone, and needs replacing, so that one player can cover the loss of Dele and Sissoko and one striker to replace our two back up strikers.
So three out, two in.

Its hardly wildly panicking and buying players just to cover injuries for a few weeks. They'll still be here next season, hopefully improving us.

As for Poch not playing them. Well maybe he should.
I don’t know how much the club has to spend so can’t possibly say who.
I’m assuming we could go for that Hull lad with the Dembele money.
I’d be happy if we did that.

I want a striker or forward/winger

Don’t care as long as they score goals
If we can afford proven though we should sign proven.

If we have 100M, we should go balls deep for Rabiot and Wilson
I don’t really care who we sign.
I want a striker and personally I don’t care who it is if they do what we bought them for.

Unlike some people, I won’t call for new players, then call them shit before they’ve joined
Personally I don’t think it comes to that.

I 100% back the policy, but I don’t think top 4 would be jeapordised by playing better in a semi final.
This year I’m willing to let it go due to catastrophic injuries which no one should have to buy players to cover for six months in advance.

But in the last seasons it wasn’t beyond us.
The squad (pre Dembele leaving) was the second best in the PL behind City when fit.

What we lack is mentality and experience, not quality.

This window, in my opinion, we need a quality striker, and cover for Dembele, but as the manager says, if we can’t, then pointless appeasement signings won’t be made.

You can apologise later when your embarrassment wears off

:dierno:

He isn't a DM though and didn't play as one at Southampton
Oh ok

Back
Top Bottom