Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why add to the 'abuse'? At least see how the substitution plans out (in this case positively) and then reflect. You're acting like I singled you out. Don't blow things out of proportion, i clicked a button, lolz.

See, that is the issue. I did not abuse anyone, I labelled a tactical move as "BS". A straight footballing opinion.

Why go about neg rep'ing other posters, because one disagrees on footballing issues? Makes no sense on a forum for Spurs fans all in it together.

what sort of formation were we in then?

In the first half we were a sort of 4231 and 4411 Dempsey and siggy were playing lw and rw and occasionally interchanging. Holtby was behind Adebayor.
Second half I actually can't work out what our base formation was. Dempsey seemed to move more central to support ade and holtby was just drifting everywhere. Walker provided all the width down the right and siggy stayed wide left.

Anyway. We certainly weren't 433. Not that it matters now

Booing players coming off is unfortunately impossible to separate from booing for players coming on.

Therefore we should not really be doing it. I have never ever booed a player from 'my' team coming on, off or playing (Spurs or not) and I don't understand the concept of it, not least because of the way it can effect the player himself and his team.

We really should not boo during games at all, unless it is done when the opposition is in posession and stuff like that.

Did they boo when Huddlestone came on? Yes. It may not of meant to come across that way but it would of have him 0 confidence.
No they booed when Dembele was coming off and clapped when Hudd came on. I really don't think it affected his confidence as he was spraying cross field passes for fun when he came on.

Huddlestone was alright when he came on, very pleasantly suprised to see it. I dreaded the worst.

Sure there are issues due to his sheer body mass, but he looked quite sharp, even if he didn't influince things much.

It appears AVB doesn't rate him, but with the rate at which we are losing players to injury, he may have a crucial role to play as a sub in more than one of the remaining games.

E.g. this may be unpopular with some, but I would like to see him play a role against Basel alongside Dembélé if possible. Him or Carroll.

It was a very weird atmosphere at times yesterday...
the 'freakishly' early goal, and the sight of Gazza just above us (man, was that like seeing a ghost, or what?) seemed to gee everyone up for 13 minutes... then it all went 'Spursy' for the next 75 minutes and the groaners were out in force... a late equaliser is always deceiving, as it WANTS to feel like a win, but ultimately, it's still 2 costly points dropped... maybe they wouldn't have been as crucial had we managed to beat the might of Wigan, Fulham, Stoke, West Brom or Norwich at home... but we didn't, we dropped 12 valuable points there, which rendered the NLD win virtually useless!

Yesterday was only a 'MUST WIN' because we've conspired to make it so...
3rd/4th should've been 'ours' weeks ago!!!

Just out of interest, did anyone arrive late and leave early, thereby missing BOTH goals????

Vertonghen picked at LB away at West Ham to counter their long ball/physical game plan - tactical genius

Vertonghen picked at LB against Everton to counter their long ball/physical game plan - tactical howler

:gallashmm:

Booing players coming off is unfortunately impossible to separate from booing for players coming on.

We can adopt the American system and introduce banners with player names which fans can raise in relation to their approval / disapproval

Try reading you fucking mongoloid

Sorry, I only just got to read this.

I had to take a beautiful woman to breakfast before heading off to Tottenham. A situation I'm sure a man of your calibre is very familiar with.

I might have read better if you didn't type like you're drunk. Mea culpa. I'll try harder in future.

Anyway, it's a shame I've only seen this now, we could've arranged to meet somewhere before the game, so you could call me that to my face.

Would you like to meet up for a chat before the City game? Maybe I can chill you out, as you seem to have a lot of pent-up anger and aggression, which can't be healthy.

Alternatively I could just knock you half way to Dalston.

No they booed when Dembele was coming off and clapped when Hudd came on. I really don't think it affected his confidence as he was spraying cross field passes for fun when he came on.

Fair enough. I stupidly checked twitter during it and everyone was in meltdown over it which probably didn't help my viewpoint. Apologies

Did they get any joy, or (surprise, surprise) does he only like to hurl abuse from behind the safety of his keyboard?

Have no idea, and neither do I care in honesty. If one has to solve their issues with violence (or the threat of violence) they have lost control and the argument / debate.

Not that I'm approving of anyone calling you a "mongoloid" I just think offering someone a "fight" to resolve said issue is a bit, well, neanderthal.

Back
Top Bottom