Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Taking ndombele off, keeping him on, or taking anyone else off or bringing on our entire bench would not have mad any fucking difference to this game whatsoever.

Every deluded armchair fan has their opinion of this tactic that tactic shoulda woulda coulda.

Fact is we were lucky the score was only 2-1. We could have played that game a thousand times over and we still would have lost. Apart from the goal that rolled in off a deflection, we could have played that game a thousand times over and wouldnt have scored. Fucking toothless.

GET FUCKING REAL SPURS/LEVY FANS. WAKE THE FUCK UP

LOL.... Congrats.... Not a single word of substance in this entire post.... (Seriously... Read it again).

Paraphrasing: "We're shit; end of days."

No, you're just reverting to the same childish outlook as you did before.

Hardly childish to want a £55m signing to be available for 90% matches,and turn up and play. Saying that he can only deliver when the opposition is knackered is surely casting doubt on his ability?

Sanchez, Aurier (!), Lo Celso are.

No feet stamping here!

Just seen the following:

Tottenham's record in all competetions without both Kane & Son in the matchday squad:

Games: 8
Wins: 1
Draws: 1
Defeats: 6
Goals Scored: 7
Overall Goal Involvement: 67%
...and I assume Liverpool's would be 100% without Salah & Mane, and Man City's would be 100% without KUNt Aguero & Sterling... and just IMAGINE how shit ArseAnal would be without Toothy Abamuyangauamgyunang and Lacazzcunt...!

We are FUCKED without out two best attacking players... same as ANYONE would be!

But you didn’t blame tactics under Poch
Of course, I fucking did!

But we had a modern sytem under Poch. When you are wedded and committed to that system and the team is greater than the sum of its parts it enables you to compete in all games across different competitions. Players know their jobs (obviously better players are better in those jobs).

Lampard is in the process of implementing this modern high-pressing game into Chelsea, it meant today they could play us off the park for a 2nd time in a matter of months with THREE players that never get selected to play (Alonso, Giroud and Berkley), they still play the same way no matter who the personnel is. Sometimes it works other days it doesn't but you know what they are trying to do.

Jose it would appear has thrown in the towel because Sissoko, Kane & Son are injured. Oh, and earlier on his entire game was put in the bin because Davies was injured, his lynchpin to how he want us to play.

I'm not about merely counting passes(*)...

GLC wasn't great today; but that doesn't mean Ndombele played well.

(*By your metric Toby is a better DLP than TN anyway.)

Except I said “received” as well as passed, and caveated it with “ahead of the defence”.

So do you think at 2-0 down, taking ND off was more logical and conducive to getting something out of that game than taking one of the 4 CB’s off?

Just seen the following:

Tottenham's record in all competetions without both Kane & Son in the matchday squad:

Games: 8
Wins: 1
Draws: 1
Defeats: 6
Goals Scored: 7
Overall Goal Involvement: 67%
And it wont get better for a long time (maybe even this whole season)

Out greatest goal scoring threat may well be Lloris' defensive clearances.

Surely Parrot must be given a try - we can't be any worse than today!

Hardly childish to want a £55m signing to be available for 90% matches,and turn up and play.

You're talking like I don't want him to be 'the best evaaar'..... Of course I do. :face-palm:

I'm just not arrogant enough to think my will makes the slightest bit of difference to the scenario.

Saying that he can only deliver when the opposition is knackered is surely casting doubt on his ability?

The ability is evident.....

I know it's internet strategy to willfully play blind to what people say, but benefit of the doubt.... (Just like when we last had this debate) I am alluding to his lack of cardio, stamina and (hopefully not) a potential lack of application.

Sanchez, Aurier (!), Lo Celso are.

Are what?

No feet stamping here!

Effectively.... Yes.

You're just burying your head in the sand and insisting "i want, i want".

Bergwijn also offered very little today and was poor, like a number of others.

All others really bar Sanchez and Lloris.

Back
Top Bottom