Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

THIS is who won today.... THIS LOT!

THIS lot.... Fucking THIS lot beat US today... and are HAPPY right now...
Let THAT sink in!

Can someone give me a sensible summary. I was working today
11 total strangers put on white shirts with a cockerell on the front, and ran around some dump in West London.

They scored twice. We scored via a deflection and could have played for several more hours without troubling the Chelsea second-string goal keeper. I could have sworn some of our players were calling Ndombele "Moose".

Then they all ran off to their mansions and hid (or hung their heads in shame)

Except I said “received” as well as passed, and caveated it with “ahead of the defence”.

Never mind all that...

Simple... You think he played well?

"Better than GLC" isn't a suitable qualifier.

So do you think at 2-0 down, taking ND off was more logical and conducive to getting something out of that game than taking one of the 4 CB’s off?

Gift of hindsight being what it is; I think he shouldn't have started.... Just like against Southampton.

I thought it was but I am not so sure it was now tbh.

I think the only reason ENIC hired Mourinho is because it's cheaper to hire a proven winner and hope he wins trophies with the current playing staff that you have than replace an entire team, I thought his appointment was about showing intent initially but after a lot of thought I think it's pretty obvious his appointment was a desperate gamble to try and get us winning things but also staying within the same business model because they know supporters are getting impatient, especially after the stadium build but they are utterly inflexible on their financial model so this was the best way forward in their eyes to try and save things and having a name like Mourinho come in looks really good on the surface and gives supporters confidence in the owners.

If Mourinho fails to win trophies then it will massively backfire on the owners imo, we can't just keep blaming managers for the failures mate, we do it every single time and nothing changes, on a micro level yes, the decisions made on the day come down to the manager and the players but the overall picture suggests that decisions at the top are the reason why we keep failing, we can't keep doing it and we can't keep accepting it, at some point as supporters of this club that we all love, we have to start pointing fingers at the owners and holding them accountable or NOTHING will ever change.
The manager is the man that's responsible for the football we play. It's as simple as that.

I can and will criticise the club where I feel it's appropriate, like moving to Stratford (where I protested in person rather than type in capitals on my keyboard).

As I said from day one I have been opposed with this appointment but a decision was made, a wrong one in my mind and nothing I've seen has made me change my mind (I am more than happy to change my mind on it if we look like a good football side playing football that's enjoyed by the teams currently competing for things).

I'm simply bored of people looking to point the blame at the same people even when those doing it were fully behind that decision they made. It get what drives and motivates it but it makes people like ridiculous.

LOL.... Congrats.... Not a single word of substance in this entire post.... (Seriously... Read it again).

Paraphrasing: "We're shit; end of days."

You've literally been wrong for the best part of 10 years consistently. I wouldn't believe a single thing you'd ever say about football. You've got no eye for the sport. You don't understand what you're watching. You just like to talk the talk about tactics because you think it makes you look good. You was rimming AVB, hated redknapp, probably desperate for the end of Poch and now here we are. You're a man of many words with absolute fuck all to say.

Carry on talking your shite forum philosophy. Anyone that knows half a thing about football or sports in general can see what's really going on.

Can someone give me a sensible summary. I was working today
A defensive looking lineup with 3 at the back. Tanganga and Davies as wing back.
Dream team midlfield 3 with Winks, NDombele and Gio.
Bar one decent effort from Lucas we had next to no possession.
Pinball in our box and an impressive finish from Giroud while Jan wasn't covering himself in glory.
Winks, NDombele and Lucas having utter shockers.
Gio probably should have walked for a stamp.
Coco comes on and we start seeing a bit more of the ball but their midfield always had the jump.
The odd chance but nothing gilt edged.
Deflection for a consolation goal.

I've probably over-elaborated.

Not if you structure the club to have a DOF who takes care of the footballing side the way they are supposed to including hiring and firing the manager. A DOF who sets the long term football vision of the club.

Levy is great for the business, just get a proper football man to run that side of things.
Of course. But then we want to hire a manager that refuses to work under one (Redknapp) so we sack the one we had to back the new guy. And so the cycle begins all over again.

I agree we should have one, I have no idea in what remit and capacity they should operate.

It's not only about that I'm afraid. Chelski had holes today and they beat us. Some people here are looking for simple answers (I've been doing this myself for a while), but our problems seem to lie deeper.
Deeper than the owners, manager & players not being good enough. It comes from the top & they don't seem to be able to bring us success so I am naively hoping they allow some new owners to have a crack at what they have been unable to do. We will never go to the next level with ENIC/levy.

A defensive looking lineup with 3 at the back. Tanganga and Davies as wing back.
Pinball in our box and an impressive finish from Giroud while Jan wasn't covering himself in glory.
Coco comes on and we start seeing a bit more of the ball but their midfield always had the jump.

Thank you. Excellent summary. I'll be on Sopranos reruns with phone off the rest of the weekend.

Mourinho: "If they press us high, they know if we go long we don't win a single ball against them. If they go with low block, they know it's difficult for us to get in the box."
So what you saying Jose? You can’t manage this squad while making 14m a season? Fuck that. You’re “the special one”. This is the squad you have, fucking do something with it.

You've literally been wrong for the best part of 10 years consistently. I wouldn't believe a single thing you'd ever say about football. You've got no eye for the sport. You don't understand what you're watching. You just like to talk the talk about tactics because you think it makes you look good. You was rimming AVB, hated redknapp, probably desperate for the end of Poch and now here we are. You're a man of many words with absolute fuck all to say.

Carry on talking your shite forum philosophy. Anyone that knows half a thing about football or sports in general can see what's really going on.

LOL.... Absolutely drivel from a bile-miester.

You're pretty much wrong on ALL counts there. Where to start?

- I'm not a 'tactics guy'/'airchair scout'.
- I enjoyed Redknapps tenure immensely.
- AVB bored the shit out of me.
- I was Poch_In.

....And no, you've haven't known me for 10 years.

ABSOLUTE FAIL.

Last edited:

Toby at fault for the first goal and Giroud treated him as his bitch all game.
Jan was woeful as well.
And the "dream team midfield" isn't that much of a dream.

Able to play several matches in a row without breaking down.

Great. I'm pleased to see it. Thankfully this issue doesn't apply to anyone else in the squad right now....

Or be brought on as very expensive "impact subs".

You've ignored my entire post. Great. :roll:

The last time: Until he can get his fitness/attitude sorted, his only use to us is that of an impact sub.

(If you don't get it now; please.... Just forget it.)

Back
Top Bottom