Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m trying to find positives. Can’t think of any except if we had Son and Kane, we definitely wouldn’t have been so lacklustre going forward. Not much, I know. At least Lo Celso lived up to his Argentinian heritage by kicking the sh!t out of them.

Everytime we come close to that Champions League place, we throw it all away again. It’s coming to the point where the Man City ban might not even be enough. At this rate we’d need Uefa to ban Chelski and Liverpool as well.

Levy thought he was soo smart getting rid of Poch and getting Mourinho, the media was absolutely loving it "ruthless"
"man with a plan"
"other clubs wish their owners were are decisive"

Stupid tight wanker.

I get it that you think it's the wrong decison, but he would have had both pay off Poch and Pay Mourinho 15M a year. he also spent more than anyone else in jan. sometimes the Levy agenda is hilarious.

I might wheel out my nan for the next game. Fucking disgusting what levy has reduced this club to. Stick the stadium up ur arse. Take your profit AND FUCK OFF.

My only criticism of Mourinho is that he knew, everyone else knows, exactly what levys like and how he runs the club, so why fucking join? It's a lost fucking cause.

Levy wants to be the big manx let him be the big man and "coach" the players
Levy didn't make us play 3 at the back. We don't have a striker, whining about isn't going to do anything at this point for Mou. He's the one that won't play Parrott, not Levy.

Setup a system to take advantage of the players we have available, not what players we don't. Last year Poch was able to squeeze a lot of the squad. Mourinho wasn't even trying to do that today and he didn't change it even when it clearly wasnt working.

Should the squad be in this state? Of course not, we are still making up lost time from Poch's indecisiveness and Levy's inability to delegate in the summer of 2018. But I don't see much point in going on about it now in February.

Not sure why you are surprised. We went from Redknapp to AVB, two managers who couldn’t be more different. I’d much rather Levy appointed a DOF and we got a Nagglesman type manager long term but it is what it is.
And I'm critical of that approach in the past too for exactly the same reasons. The DoF hire compounds this further because it's the manager that's dictated whether we have one or not.

Taking ndombele off, keeping him on, or taking anyone else off or bringing on our entire bench would not have mad any fucking difference to this game whatsoever.

Every deluded armchair fan has their opinion of this tactic that tactic shoulda woulda coulda.

Fact is we were lucky the score was only 2-1. We could have played that game a thousand times over and we still would have lost. Apart from the goal that rolled in off a deflection, we could have played that game a thousand times over and wouldnt have scored. Fucking toothless.

GET FUCKING REAL SPURS/LEVY FANS. WAKE THE FUCK UP

And I'm critical of that approach in the past too for exactly the same reasons. The DoF hire compounds this further because it's the manager that's dictated whether we have one or not.

Not if you structure the club to have a DOF who takes care of the footballing side the way they are supposed to including hiring and firing the manager. A DOF who sets the long term football vision of the club.

Levy is great for the business, just get a proper football man to run that side of things.

Yep. You were wrong then, and you're wrong now.

Just look at the words "£55m for an impact sub".

Makes you feel kind of queasy?

No, you're just reverting to the same childish outlook as you did before.

"I want him to be the player I want him to be... NOW"

That's not how life works. Stamping your feet changes nothing.

....Regardless of how much he cost(*).

....Maybe he's just a dud? (Not saying he is, but your outlook is helpless against that prospect either way.)

(*Chavs spent 80m on a keeper that's just been dropped. Shit happens.)

I’m trying to find positives. Can’t think of any except if we had Son and Kane, we definitely wouldn’t have been so lacklustre going forward. Not much, I know. At least Lo Celso lived up to his Argentinian heritage by kicking the sh!t out of them.

Everytime we come close to that Champions League place, we throw it all away again. It’s coming to the point where the Man City ban might not even be enough. At this rate we’d need Uefa to ban Chelski and Liverpool as well.
Well I guess if Wolves finish above us and they win the EL as well or Liverpool or Chelsea win the CL would give an extra spot...

Totally agree that the decision to change manager wasnt the biggest mistake. To totally rip up a way of playing that took us to the top table. Should been same mould as poch but someone with fresh mentality and ideas

It's pointless to outright scream at Levy about appointing Jose (and I as you know haven't liked this appointment since the day it was announced). The reason why is because it's still down to whoever the manager is, everything we do on the pitch is the responsibility of the Manager, EVERYTHING. YOU and many others thought the decision was an utterly brilliant one and agreed on the decision because he's a "winner".

The thing is a decision was made and I'm certain it was taken with the best interests of the club at heart, you can't disagree with that because you thought it was a totally fantastic decision for the club. Levy is there to make decisions and he's not afraid of making them and he made one.

I think this decision has taken us back years however. Whilst I thought it was a mistake to let Poch go, I think the even bigger mistake is to rip up a philosophy of play that had given us a brand off football that enabled us to play at the top tier of the game for the first time in 60yrs! Had we appointed a manager that also played with this philosophy then there is a good chance we would be competing far better than we are now (I don't think we are competing, we are getting outplayed every game now, even those we have won). An example of what I mean is Leipzig, who replaced Ralph H with Naglesmann. This is joined up recruitment. I can't get my head around why we've done a 180-degree switch on how we play, made all the more absurd when every serious team in the world is playing that brand of (or a version of it) that football right now.

I thought it was but I am not so sure it was now tbh.

I think the only reason ENIC hired Mourinho is because it's cheaper to hire a proven winner and hope he wins trophies with the current playing staff that you have than replace an entire team, I thought his appointment was about showing intent initially but after a lot of thought I think it's pretty obvious his appointment was a desperate gamble to try and get us winning things but also staying within the same business model because they know supporters are getting impatient, especially after the stadium build but they are utterly inflexible on their financial model so this was the best way forward in their eyes to try and save things and having a name like Mourinho come in looks really good on the surface and gives supporters confidence in the owners.

If Mourinho fails to win trophies then it will massively backfire on the owners imo, we can't just keep blaming managers for the failures mate, we do it every single time and nothing changes, on a micro level yes, the decisions made on the day come down to the manager and the players but the overall picture suggests that decisions at the top are the reason why we keep failing, we can't keep doing it and we can't keep accepting it, at some point as supporters of this club that we all love, we have to start pointing fingers at the owners and holding them accountable or NOTHING will ever change.

I might wheel out my nan for the next game. Fucking disgusting what levy has reduced this club to. Stick the stadium up ur arse. Take your profit AND FUCK OFF.

My only criticism of Mourinho is that he knew, everyone else knows, exactly what levys like and how he runs the club, so why fucking join? It's a lost fucking cause.

Levy wants to be the big manx let him be the big man and "coach" the players

LOL.... I bet you are an absolute superstar on Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom