Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still don’t understand the situation we are in with this player.
Yes, he looks good with the ball at his feet. Yes, he has a bodyswerve of Dembele-esque proportions

but why the fuck can’t he run? Why does he look overweight and tired - in a 20 minute cameo!?!?!? It’s February. We bought him last summer...for fucks sake. Do we not have a set of scales at this state of the art training facility?

Yes, he looks good with the ball at his feet. Yes, he has a bodyswerve of Dembele-esque proportions

but why the fuck can’t he run? Why does he look overweight and tired - in a 20 minute cameo!?!?!? It’s February. We bought him last summer...for fucks sake. Do we not have a set of scales at this state of the art training facility?

Yet he started 7 of Lyons 8 CL games last season. 31 of the 37 games he was available for in the league. 5 out of 5 starts in the Coupe De France.

I don't understand the run thing though. In every game I've seen Ndombele play over the last Two seasons with Lyon, he's ran the same way. Its a strange running gait he has, which mixed with his explosive power does seem a recipe for disaster but he looks no different running wise then what I've seen from him and he played 99 games in 2 seasons at Lyon....

Its just some people have never seen him play consistently and what they've seen is unique to them

Yet he started 7 of Lyons 8 CL games last season. 31 of the 37 games he was available for in the league. 5 out of 5 starts in the Coupe De France.

I don't understand the run thing though. In every game I've seen Ndombele play over the last Two seasons with Lyon, he's ran the same way. Its a strange running gait he has, which mixed with his explosive power does seem a recipe for disaster but he looks no different running wise then what I've seen from him and he played 99 games in 2 seasons at Lyon....

Its just some people have never seen him play consistently and what they've seen is unique to them
90% of Ndombele hate is based on his, admittedly, extremely weird running form. He even walks weird.

90% of Ndombele hate is based on his, admittedly, extremely weird running form. He even walks weird.
The oddest gait I've ever seen in football (and there have been some crackers).

Just looks like it's hard for him to simply run.

Was he like this at his previous club (anyone)?

I couldn't give a shit what he looks like when he runs...

His cardio is shit which renders him a ghost off the ball. Nail that and we have a worldie on our hands. Until then; impact sub because making a dent against tired legs is not the same as getting left for dust by a fresh 11.

I recall people saying similar about players like Yaya Toure, calling Gazza a fat boy, saying Modric was too small etc.

How someone looks or moves.. does it really matter when it comes down to it?
It does when he "moves" like running is painful for him.

Been like that since day one.

Not gonna pretend it doesn't stand out or isn't an issue.

Clearly is.

Mason was a decent footballer, with good energy who was also tenacious, I'd have him in this midfield ahead of donkeys like Dier and Sissoko all day long, lets not pretend the shit we've been watching in midfield for the last two years before this one has been any better than Mason and Bentaleb was.
Shit, I would have had Bentaleb back this January...on loan/trial bases amongst other reasons.

We did play some fantastic football with that duo of Mason and Bentaleb. That season had a lot of young players who weren't all that gifted but noticeably improved as time went on.

Was very good when he came on yesterday and hopefully he can start to find that fitness.
Ndombele, Lamela Gedson and Lo Celso in form should transform this horrific excuse for a midfield and attack we keep seeing.
Even with Son, Kane and Moura it’s been horrible too often, we need new blood.
Sissoko to come back too will be a godsend.

No more Eriksen, but Dele and Winks still in there dragging us back to the Poch era.
Winks should be a squad player, but Dele needs to find a new club this summer.

Was very good when he came on yesterday and hopefully he can start to find that fitness.
Ndombele, Lamela Gedson and Lo Celso in form should transform this horrific excuse for a midfield and attack we keep seeing.
Even with Son, Kane and Moura it’s been horrible too often, we need new blood.
Sissoko to come back too will be a godsend.

No more Eriksen, but Dele and Winks still in there dragging us back to the Poch era.
Winks should be a squad player, but Dele needs to find a new club this summer.

So much to disagree with the above post.
Which bit? All of it ?

Awwwww the naughty man doesn’t like Dele and that makes me sad

Get a life man

I recall people saying similar about players like Yaya Toure, calling Gazza a fat boy, saying Modric was too small etc.

How someone looks or moves.. does it really matter when it comes down to it?

Yaya Toure is a great comparison.

He looked nackered after 10 minutes every single game. Wasn't a Spurs player though, so need for anyone on here to criticise him, call him unfit or fat

Good point but you can be fit and a bit bulgy.

The problems seem a combination of physical and mental to me.

You can see the talent but unlike Gascoigne or Le Tissier, who I think would be a better comparison he does not yet seem able to have the stores of energy.

We have to hope it's a matter of a proper pre season.

In saying all that, he is so good that if we had a fcuking striker a cameo from 5 bellies might suffice.

He showed a lot of potential last night. Dembele esque in his ability to quickly shift the ball and beat a man in the middle of the pitch. If he can get up to prem speed and play a full 90 he'll be an amazing purchase.

I also enjoyed him pointing at people to pass the ball to so he could have a break.

Levy pushes the boat out to sign a guy who could potentially be the new Yaya Toure in his prime and he seems to be struggling to get fit enough to play 90 minutes.
This conundrum needs to be solved by the player and Mourinho’s staff.
This isn’t meant as a criticism as I like Ndombele and want to see him fulfil his potential in a Spurs shirt.

Back
Top Bottom