FA Cup - Steven Bergwijn vs Southampton (H) 5/02 - 19:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really you don't agree with me..fine
But instant abuse, lmao keyboard wanker.
As spurs supporters this is part of this clubs problem,
Instead of channeling our frustrations in the correct direction, some people like to just get aggressive to fellow supporters who they have never met..
Brilliant all together supporting the same club, even when we have different opinions....oh my mistake that's not what happened is it.
As much as I hate those fucking scousers, you don't and will never see their supporters at each other because they don't agree, they are always as one...
You're a brave man, Charlie Brown!

We are comfortably the Millwall of the Premier League. No one fucking likes us and i love it. Generates a tribal, backs against the wall and all for one mentality among the players and most importantly the fans.

We are the main rival of all the other major London teams who even unite in singing their pathetic songs against us. Shitty clubs little like Southampton & Leicester and big hitters like City all try and generate some sort of rivalry with us. Its frankly emarrassing but i love it nonetheless.

Fuck em all.
fed up of all the negativity and criticism aimed at the team. It's working tho. Playing rubbish in every game but somehow getting the result, just like last season in the CL. They shouldn't have been there but they were. More please lads, keep playing badly and we'll keep complaining. Sod the rest of them

With our best set piece taker gone, as I've said before, he's someone we might look at.

Talking of our former elite set-piece taker....

Anyone else notice Sonny is capable of beating the first man....? Several times in the same game too.

There was a ball that played down the line by Sessegnon I think, that spun so much it rolled on the actual line itself for about 30-40 yards, How is that possible? Is the toucline not straight
Well the direction of the kick is taking it towards the line while the spin is the opposite direction and changing the direction back towards play. As the ball rolls, it’s velocity and the spin on the ball are decreasing. In this case, just as the spin on the ball causes the path to become parallel to the sideline, the spin slows down enough that it is also not changing the direction of the ball and the ball takes a linear path right along the line.

Hey you asked.

We are comfortably the Millwall of the Premier League. No one fucking likes us and i love it. Generates a tribal, backs against the wall and all for one mentality among the players and most importantly the fans.

We are the main rival of all the other major London teams who even unite in singing their pathetic songs against us. Shitty clubs little like Southampton & Leicester and big hitters like City all try and generate some sort of rivalry with us. Its frankly emarrassing but i love it nonetheless.

Fuck em all.

I love the grit. The highs and the lows are coming fast and furious right now. That makes victory at the end that much sweeter. Would be great to be bossing it for the full 90, and not holding my head going prostrate before the TV as another opponents chance just misses the mark or is deflected by some strange luck. I have my health to think about don't I?

Every time we bear down and come back, we are just building that much more confidence for the future. If we get the tactics sorted then we will be on our way to something glorious. Pie in the sky? Maybe, but I'm not going to be miserable if we are winning no matter how ruff and tumble it is.

COYS

My joy because we won is really spoiled by the sight of our lovely,brave loyal and hardworking Jan looking so distressed when he was subbed. He deserves a statue for all he had done during his time here

Jan was going to some dark place on the bench. For a guy who never seemed hard wired for being emotional, it struck me hard to watch him grip his head and close his eyes, maybe wondering what is going on with himself. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, and he wasn't wounded, but it sure looked like it.

Napoleon Bonaparte - “I’d rather have lucky generals than good ones.”

Eisenhower - “I’d rather have a lucky general than a smart general. They win battles.”
Supposedly, when Abraham Lincoln was warned that General U.S. Grant was an alcoholic, asked that his other generals be sent a case of whatever Grant was drinking.

Having (finally) watched the game; it is clear that both goals were easily avoidable; and I'd like to think that Mourinho will really tighten up our defence.

Goal 1 - Shane Long ran past Ndombele and Aurier into the box. Both were ball watching and not alert. Neither tracked the runner. Once the shot was taken, Aurier saw the threat but was not able to recover and block the shot.

Goal 2 - A calamity of errors. Saints were able to run with the ball from their own half. Son, Alli () or Winks should have conceded the free kick and given away a cheap foul to slow the play and allow us to get back behind the ball. Tanganga should have done better to stop the shot and not have allowed Ings to turn onto his stronger right foot.

Tanganga should have done better to stop the shot and not have allowed Ings to turn onto his stronger right foot

That's why age is such a factor in defence. But that's also a way he will surely learn a lot from games like that where he played in his natural position and analyse situations afterwards. Excited for the future of this kid.

Totally agree re: songs.

Need to dig out some old classics.

+ Virtually none of of our players have songs/chants anymore and those that do rarely get sung.

It used to be a case of any old excuse to sing to a player; now it's more "impress me first".
My wife's reaction when she saw the clip.... her full range of emotion is presented for your entertainment, via the medium of Spurs smileys:
:hugoshock::mourfacepalm::pocheyes::adeohshit::dempsey::eriksenserious::hugoshock::mourshock::pochcmon::adewtf::harrysmile::hugoshock: :mourbringit: :vdvshh::avbfu::dembelefingers::sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom