Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

loved the result, but it's hard to be smug when you are up against 10 men, who still go at you like a dog to a rat.

yep - their budget is big, and yes their confidence is stellar because of their skillset

but we need our team to be given that "fuck you" confidence to go out and show the skills that GLC, N'Dombele, Bergweijn, Winks, Moura, Lamela possess.

Their players do it because they are told to believe......so should ours

The first half was dogged determination and a bit cringeworthy to watch as a spurs fan
But Mick Cooper - are Man.City allowed to almost break players' legs freely as Kevin Friend decided in VAR (3rd City game he has been involved in consecutively)? Had Mike Dean done his job he would have sent off Sterling early in the match and then Tottenham would have DESTROYED them. They only delayed it.

What a fucking match, so so happy to see us come out on top against this lot. How on Earth Sterling was allowed to stay on the pitch I cannot understand, and pundits are calling us lucky here? Go pound sand.

This team looks hungry again, I adore the fight they are showing. Keep racking up the points.

Also hope our new boy is OK and that it was just a cramp.

But Mick Cooper - are Man.City allowed to almost break players' legs freely as Kevin Friend decided in VAR (3rd City game he has been involved in consecutively)? Had Mike Dean done his job he would have sent off Sterling early in the match and then Tottenham would have DESTROYED them. They only delayed it.
Sterling should have gone twice. Bale used to get yellows all the time for ‘speed and momentum’ taking him over.

not sure it was a conspiracy, but certainly bad decision-making.

EPyZV0sXUAIkKOM

I'm delighted with the result.

The clean sheet is massive, I hope this gives us the confidence to get back to our best.

Lets be honest we rode our luck today, BUT we defended well as a unit and we were due a bit of fortune, particularly with that cunt Mike Dean in charge.

I just really hope we can get back to our best and the performances we know this group of players is capable of

COYS!

After a bit of a rough patch it's clear to see Jose has made his mark on this team. The outgoings in January were just as big as the incomings. Everyone is pulling in the same direction. They are starting to believe in one another.

Great win, and two superb goals. Terrible decisions from VAR, Sterling should walk twice and Pen was debatable.I thought Winks and Lo Celso were superb Today as was Hugo. I thought Aurier did well apart from diving in for the pen. I cant wait to see Ndombele and Lo Celso playing Together going forward. Lo Celso is a superb talent and watching him play is a pleasure

Back
Top Bottom