New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I gather, there’ll be a lot of moving around come May/June. I’m one of those looking to move too - tbh all my info is based on other ST and a couple of second hand conversations with THST people and the club.

My Paxton upper tier seat is fairly depressing. A lot of tourists and one/two game per season people constantly filming everything and getting up and down during the game*. I’ve gone into the Park Lane for Cup Games and much prefer it but will see what is on offer at the end of the season.

*im not coating all tourists/one game per season members off - I know the club has to grow etc. Just seems a lot of fucking divs in that Paxton Upper and barely any atmosphere...
Im north upper and feel exactly the same so it sounds like your sat near me! (Not that I’m a fucking div!) :llorisunsure:

My guess is the ticket office has had thousands of enquiries about people moving to that part of the ground as frankly the atmosphere is pretty shit elsewhere.

I’d be surprised if they just dished out some new STs to people somewhere on the waiting list when existing ST holders of 5 years plus weren’t able to get seats there.

Also supply and demand. Those seats sell.

The club would much rather sell shitty seats in the Paxton Upper or expensive ones in the east and west stands and have cash in the bank for those.

Doesn’t matter if nobody buys them again on the exchange. They have already been sold.
Good point. Next year I qualify for the OAP rate, but don't know if I can stay in my seat at the reduced price or if I can still sit with my much younger friend. I'll worry about it next year.

Just seen that my daughter has been offered the chance to apply again. Gonna need to speak to someone because I’d need to relocate my ST to sit with her. I can’t imagine that it’s going to be a possibility. But it must mean she’s reasonably close to the top of the list?
Dunno, I think they're just e-mailing everybody who applied last time and was unsuccessful and are offering in waiting list order to those who apply again now according to the areas you select.

How far down the waiting list do you reckon they are offering the season tickets now? Turned one down for my boy last season but would be tempted now if the chance came up again

Shame innit? I come out of certain games and speak to mates that were in other areas and it seems like we were in different grounds...

Reality is WHL was quiet most areas. The noise being concentrated in south east lower and across the park lane - all that has happened is that scenario has really stayed the same and the ground has got bigger with more day trippers. How much noise does Paxton really make now....... soooo quiet. I’m in 423 btw

I’m 70/30 that I will Renew next season but after that I’m not so sure. I don’t really “feel” it where I sit. Have asked to move but doubt that will happen as everybody seems to want to.

On the plus side it’s a great view and being near the away fans reminds me I’m at a football match. So I don’t mind the noise.

Seeing them jumping up and down on their seats while I’m arguing with stewards about standing up for 30seconds is the negative.

So I am trying to sit down and be quiet now, probably start bringing a pizza to my seat soon to cement my viewing experience.

We are lucky to have this ground. I don’t want to lose sight of that.
I’m keeping focus on the fact plenty of people around the world would love the chance to watch the Lilywhites run out there.

So will savour it while I choose to spend my time, and money, there.

Reality is WHL was quiet most areas. The noise being concentrated in south east lower and across the park lane - all that has happened is that scenario has really stayed the same and the ground has got bigger with more day trippers. How much noise does Paxton really make now....... soooo quiet. I’m in 423 btw

I’m 70/30 that I will Renew next season but after that I’m not so sure. I don’t really “feel” it where I sit. Have asked to move but doubt that will happen as everybody seems to want to.

On the plus side it’s a great view and being near the away fans reminds me I’m at a football match. So I don’t mind the noise.

Seeing them jumping up and down on their seats while I’m arguing with stewards about standing up for 30seconds is the negative.

So I am trying to sit down and be quiet now, probably start bringing a pizza to my seat soon to cement my viewing experience.

We are lucky to have this ground. I don’t want to lose sight of that.
I’m keeping focus on the fact plenty of people around the world would love the chance to watch the Lilywhites run out there.

So will savour it while I choose to spend my time, and money, there.
I'm gonna say, the 'Park Lane/Shelfside' corner is where it's at, atmosphere-wise... which was the case in the final few years of old WHL...

Yes but it's also a fact that if you don't enjoy the overall experience then the sparkly environment soon loses it's draw over watching football in a way you don't want to.

IF I don't renew my ST for next year, I am seriously contemplating spending some Saturday afternoons at the Abbey Stadium in Cambridge. Less than £25 for an adult and a Child, and you get to stand on a proper terrace. I'd still keep a membership but would go to fewer games at Spurs. I do think safe standing would make a difference, but it's still not "the good old days" of picking your spot of choice on the terrace on a match by match basis.

I do understand that the way it was is never coming back at Spurs, but I don't know how long I can SIT in the generally sterile atmosphere of the centre of the Park Lane mumbling the odd Oh When the Spurs...

Good point. Next year I qualify for the OAP rate, but don't know if I can stay in my seat at the reduced price or if I can still sit with my much younger friend. I'll worry about it next year.

I will too, but my block doesn't qualify for old git pricing and I'm not prepared to move. What block are you in Mrs P?

Yes but it's also a fact that if you don't enjoy the overall experience then the sparkly environment soon loses it's draw over watching football in a way you don't want to.

IF I don't renew my ST for next year, I am seriously contemplating spending some Saturday afternoons at the Abbey Stadium in Cambridge. Less than £25 for an adult and a Child, and you get to stand on a proper terrace. I'd still keep a membership but would go to fewer games at Spurs. I do think safe standing would make a difference, but it's still not "the good old days" of picking your spot of choice on the terrace on a match by match basis.

I do understand that the way it was is never coming back at Spurs, but I don't know how long I can SIT in the generally sterile atmosphere of the centre of the Park Lane mumbling the odd Oh When the Spurs...

100% get you. Was heavily involved in lower league football in between having STs and I think when my boy has grown up will do that again to get my football fix.

The time and money involved to be treated like a naughty schoolboy isn’t doing it for me.

And it appears very easy to get one off tickets in the PL lower in area I like when I want to. Plus having an ST no longer means definite ticket to most away games or cup (semi) finals.

Back
Top Bottom