January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh the old drive the price up ploy..
Well I accept that we’re not really good enough to win anything, so failing that, I’d like to see us play with a bit of flair.

By the way, your posts mystify me. What does ‘drive the price up’ mean in this context? Are you a wizard? Do you mean to be so mysterious or is it a failing on my part? Come on Old Boy, the primary function of language is to communicate. Why are most of your posts so gnomic?

who is that mythical DM that we are trying replace now ? Sandro ? Huddlestone ? Parker ?
very few clubs play with a true DM now especially withe the more common "3 at the back"

we need a vertonghen replacement way more urgently than some antiquated DM

You not heard of Wanyama & Dier then?

"His goodbyes to team-mates were done over the phone"

Classy Christian, showing the same level of commitment as you have to your football of late
To be fair to Eriksen, I don't think the players were there when he collected his stuff.
It's not like he should be delaying the deal so that he can give hugs all round and I'm pretty sure that he can manage to keep in contact with anyone he wants to.

I mean, the role of a DM has changed since Parker and Palacios where doing a decent job at it.

But to say that its an antiquated requirement is probably a little over simplified.

PSV seem to be a club in serious turmoil at the minute. The fans stormed the ground at the weekend, they blame the board for not supporting then sacking Van Bommel and the poor results. Their top players are making a beeline for the exit door, Zoet to Utrecht seems a mental one.

Well I accept that we’re not really good enough to win anything, so failing that, I’d like to see us play with a bit of flair.

By the way, your posts mystify me. What does ‘drive the price up’ mean in this context? Are you a wizard? Do you mean to be so mysterious or is it a failing on my part? Come on Old Boy, the primary function of language is to communicate. Why are most of your posts so gnomic?
Internet sentences being what they are, I couldn't tell if you were agreeing or disagreeing so I assumed that you were inviting conversation or argument. Which you clearly did based on your response here. I wrongly assumed you wanted a conversation.

Gnomic? You're absolutely right. I see that as how this board fits me rather than a role that I should somehow play because its required by how you see your function here. This board is a source of information by people who know more or differently than me . A source of debate where I try to pick through the facts like a squirrel ties to pick nuts out of shit.

The only function of language is to communicate but that doesn't mean that I need to repeat the standard tropes that provide 80% of the content here. Maybe I should call Levy a c*nt here or demand that we sign this player or that. Others already do that much better than me but where I think there is I have POV then I will post.

But you are right. I don't come here to seek conflict. That gives me no joy. I'm married with 2 lovely kids so I don't really feel the need to go looking for conflict elsewhere. I have strong opinions but they will always be subject to the rigour of proof.

It's almost like you want a friend. But I ain't counting on it, as nice as that would be because I view this as a treasured house plant, not the room that I spend my life in.

I don't know, unlike previous seasons the information coming out of head office is now zero, my son in law tells me nothing at all. Last year there were more stories than you could shake a stick at, and in amongst the chaff was the truth, this year there is near total silence. All I've heard is after the event facts, and some background stories, it's not even worth asking anymore, even if he knows he's not saying. He told me a about the Parrott loan offer but only after it was pretty common knowledge.

Bit more forthcoming about the accounts, we are minted, beating targets on just about everything ... the 2019/20 accounts are going to be even more mind blowing than last year ... the club has a huge transfer budget, will they spend it? feck knows. FYI we don't factor in guaranteed CL income in the five year plan, everything we make is therefore just a huge plus.

A little prelude on the accounts for 2019/20 showing CL prize money for Spurs and main other clubs in 19/20 and a few previous years, showing the big increases.

Internet sentences being what they are, I couldn't tell if you were agreeing or disagreeing so I assumed that you were inviting conversation or argument. Which you clearly did based on your response here. I wrongly assumed you wanted a conversation.

Gnomic? You're absolutely right. I see that as how this board fits me rather than a role that I should somehow play because its required by how you see your function here. This board is a source of information by people who know more or differently than me . A source of debate where I try to pick through the facts like a squirrel ties to pick nuts out of shit.

The only function of language is to communicate but that doesn't mean that I need to repeat the standard tropes that provide 80% of the content here. Maybe I should call Levy a c*nt here or demand that we sign this player or that. Others already do that much better than me but where I think there is I have POV then I will post.

But you are right. I don't come here to seek conflict. That gives me no joy. I'm married with 2 lovely kids so I don't really feel the need to go looking for conflict elsewhere. I have strong opinions but they will always be subject to the rigour of proof.

It's almost like you want a friend. But I ain't counting on it, as nice as that would be because I view this as a treasured house plant, not the room that I spend my life in.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom