Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Once dim twats have made their minds up it becomes a matter of their misguided pride to reassess their position. And John is a dim twat. Dele could score a hat-trick in every game and he’d still be on his back. John is just a twitter gossip who’s jealous of a young, successful footballer - and what’s even weirder - who plays for Tottenham.

He’s recently become a ST holder which only proves that they’ll let anyone in these days. And one of the reasons I won’t go near the toxic place.
Yawn.

Played ok yesterday lost the ball a couple of times when he shouldn't but should of had 3 assists yesterday but Son and Moura both wasted glorious chances.
I think every single attack went through him yesterday, in the first half he was close to what I would call a CF whilst also playing in midfield (and no not a false 9). We looked good because he was at times pinning the CB's back when we hit him direct and high and when the ball was played on the deck he was finding both Lucas and Son's runs with one-touch passes.

:mourfacepalm: :mourfacepalm: :mourfacepalm: :mourfacepalm: :mourfacepalm: :mourfacepalm: :mourfacepalm:

English not your first language?
How's your mate doing? The one that was feeding you all that bollocks about the stadium build.

You were found out on this forum a long time ago mate. Copy and paste, talk shite, copy and paste, talk shite... continue ad infinitum...

I think every single attack went through him yesterday, in the first half he was close to what I would call a CF whilst also playing in midfield (and no not a false 9). We looked good because he was at times pinning the CB's back when we hit him direct and high and when the ball was played on the deck he was finding both Lucas and Son's runs with one-touch passes.

Yeah looked a lot better yesterday playing in the hole and making late runs. I noticed for some reason before Kane was injured he was basically playing as a ST at times as Kane dropped back into the midfield.

He looks his best when he's operating in that 10 role feeding onto strikers and not to far upfield and not to far into midfield where his shortcomings are exposed.

Why I give him so much flak he's a luxury player that shines when the others around him pick up his slack, and let him foccus on trying to create/score.

He did that well last night so have to give him credit where it's due

1 goal and 1 assist and he was still pretty much the most criticised player on the match thread. It looks like he's fighting a losing battle with a substantial portion of our fan base.
Isn’t it odd that when it comes to a manager, or the team as a whole people are desperate to distinguish between performance and result.

But score a toe poke and pass to someone and it means you were brilliant for 90 minutes.
Heard all the same tripe regarding Eriksen last season.

Yeah looked a lot better yesterday playing in the hole and making late runs. I noticed for some reason before Kane was injured he was basically playing as a ST at times as Kane dropped back into the midfield.

He looks his best when he's operating in that 10 role feeding onto strikers and not to far upfield and not to far into midfield where his shortcomings are exposed.

Why I give him so much flak he's a luxury player that shines when the others around him pick up his slack, and let him foccus on trying to create/score.

He did that well last night so have to give him credit where it's due
I wouldn't call him a luxury player, he's one of the biggest grafters in the team. (we may differ on the definition of luxury, in mine luxury players don't run or press).

Dele is not a hard working all tackling grafter can we stop with this please.
He doesn’t tackle, despite getting back and occasionally blocking shots.

I don’t care how many km’s he runs he’s just behind Eriksen in the “let’s prance around like a shadow behind the guy with the ball” stakes.

The amount of runs he doesn’t bother with, and NEVER tries to retrieve one of his shit passes because he’s waving his arms with rage at someone else.

He can score a goal, and he can pop up with an assist, but as a general cog in our teams dna, he is a total non entity.
He played well yesterday.....to rave about that bog standard good performance though shows the length of the straws people are grasping at.

If he continues setting up 2 red hot chances a game and keeps up the 6 goals in 16 games ratio since JM arrived I couldn't give a flying fuck if he is not perfect every minute every game.

If he continues setting up 2 red hot chances a game and keeps up the 6 goals in 16 games ratio since JM arrived I couldn't give a flying fuck if he is not perfect every minute every game.
And what if we drop him and Gedson sets up 4 a game......and the team as a whole score more than Deles 6?

Im happy for our forwards to score a combined 12 than Dele to score 6.
Where’s the stats for moves killed?

And what if we drop him and Gedson sets up 4 a game......and the team as a whole score more than Deles 6?

Im happy for our forwards to score a combined 12 than Dele to score 6.
Where’s the stats for moves killed?
JM is not gonna drop Dele.
If he has a brain storm and does drop him and we start scoring 6 goals a game then I will be very pleased indeed.
90% of moves involving footballers like Messi and Ronaldo are unsuccessful.

You said Dele was one of the biggest grafters in the team which is clearly bollocks.
How old are you?

I said that because he is. He's been doing Kane's pressing for him, whilst also going from box to box. There are stats to back all this up but there's absolutely no point going to the effort for finding them an compiling them, they'll only serve confuse.

Back
Top Bottom