Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would be happy to see him up front. He’s not very good in the centre of midfield and he’d be no worse than Moura was last night up front.

As for his tricks and flicks, we nearly got a clear cut six yard chance from a back heel last night. These can sometimes come off.

No, I was in the West corner.

I hope you reported the racism you heard?
I said to the bloke "not cool" and moved a few rows down...

Also mentioned it to a Steward, but they were busy looking to return a (wait for it) lost Danish passport to it's owner somewhere in the South Stand... :eriksenserious:
Yeah, I know... couldn't make it up! :eriksenlol:

Were you in the South lower an'all?
'Cos every time he tried a 'flick' he was getting DOGS ABUSE from the 2 blokes behind me... until he scored!

Then again, the same bloke was complaining about all the 'Chinkys' in the West Stand when Son scored... failing to notice (or maybe not) there were 3 South Koreans directly in front of him!

So who cares what a Prick like that thinks about Dele?

The lot that stand behind me are usually good lads. They must have sold their tickets on the exchange.

Bert was already wealthy, and to answer your point about Findlay (the other day) he heard about him through his horse racing circles. I think the fact he was unaware of his choice of game added to the tension.

About the money? - didn’t Eddie win the first game in the second match? A game he had to win. If he lost there would have been no film, so I’ll give them that. Fats was portrayed as the number one pool player in America. If he’d had a cash flow problem it would have diminished his status. Your points are fair, but a film has to be made.

I have another question...

Why did Sarah sleep with Bert?

I've never understood why she would even consider doing that.

I am personally a fan of Deli. Very different from any of the players we have and he is inventive. I think the issue is that he needs strong players to be around him. He can’t be the focal point, he needs to be the person in the spaces, getting the assists and getting some goals. I won’t be able to use this excuse for too much longer but he is only 23 still and he has the best years ahead of him. I think he would suit a false 9 role but he needs to be on the recieving end of our counterattacks not creating it. He can be very slow on the ball when he has time but when he’s in tight spaces he’s very productive. Not sure what the future holds for him at this club as you almost need to creat a position for him as Son and Kane are automatic starters.

Just an idea.

I agree that Dele shouldn´t be the focal point of the team. But I also agree that he is more inventive than the majority of his teammates and that he needs to be the person in the spaces created to be involved with goals and assists - that should be his job.

Jose likes to play with one fullback pushing high, usually the right one - started with Maicon in 2009. The idea is to create overloads using the right winger (in Inter´s case Eto´o) to attack the pockets of space created, basically becoming a second striker coming from the right.

Also, the most important thing to me: I believe Lo Celso should be our main creator. It was very clear once again against Southampton that when he plays centrally we - finally - look like a team. Lo Celso, not Dele, should be organizing the team.

Now, assuming - or better saying, HOPING - that we can deal with the pivot situation for the next season: Tanguy Ndombele (fit, regenerated, etc) as our number 8 and a new signing to play alongside him (a real defensive midfielder, better than Eric Dier). As I said, in my opinion Lo Celso is our number 10. So the three positions in midfield would be occupied. But there´s still room for Dele.

There will be space for two wingers. But we don´t need to play with two tradicional wingers, like Sonny and Lucas are. We could play the best of them (in my opinion, Son) on the left, while Aurier (or a new signing for those who can´t stand him; not my case) will be pushing high on the right, creating the perfect situation for Dele as a "false winger", like Eto´o at Inter, or Thomas Muller in Germany.

Lo Celso as a 10, Sonny on the left and Dele on the right. Kane up front.

What do you guys think?

And just to finish my point: people say Dele is a lazy player. In my opinion his decision making can be frustrating at times, but he works hard for the team without the ball, and tracks back a lot. So I wouldn´t call him lazy. He is not the fastest player on the planet, but he can do a job on the side.

Last edited:

or are you just a thick twat? .... he played in both Son and Lucas today, both who managed to miss when they should have scored ... but a dumb feck like you with your pathetic agendas wouldn't care about that ....

What agenda? Wanting to be the forum's most negative cunt .... but fair play to you, there are a few contenders for "most negative cunt" and you are one of the best ....

Dele works his bollocks off, even when things aren't going well he never stops putting in the effort, that's the mark of a great player, and to even pretend he doesn't have skills? that's the mark of an idiot.

Last edited:
You bumped the thread for that?

He should have got 2 assists if it wasn't for awful finishing. Your agenda is becoming transparent to everyone now so i'm happy about that.

Pointless stats from years ago? Ummmmm how about his really good stats this season, dumb ass.
It’s becoming a joke really

It’s becoming a joke really
Once dim twats have made their minds up it becomes a matter of their misguided pride to reassess their position. And John is a dim twat. Dele could score a hat-trick in every game and he’d still be on his back. John is just a twitter gossip who’s jealous of a young, successful footballer - and what’s even weirder - who plays for Tottenham.

He’s recently become a ST holder which only proves that they’ll let anyone in these days. And one of the reasons I won’t go near the toxic place.

Once dim twats have made their minds up it becomes a matter of their misguided pride to reassess their position. And John is a dim twat. Dele could score a hat-trick in every game and he’d still be on his back. John is just a twitter gossip who’s jealous of a young, successful footballer - and what’s even weirder - who plays for Tottenham.

What makes me smile is the little gang (or is it one multi?) who run around the site agreeing with each other however daft their posts, and then stalking posters that call them out with disagrees .... just how sad a life must they lead when this is their idea of making a contribution? each to their own I guess.

Edit - Bet the silly feckers will even disagree with this - how beautifully ironic

Last edited:
What makes me smile is the little gang (or is it one multi?) who run around the site agreeing with each other however daft their posts, and then stalking posters that call them out with disagrees .... just how sad a life must they lead when this is their idea of making a contribution? each to their own I guess.
Blimey, for once a post you didn't copy and paste from elsewhere.

What agenda? Wanting to be the forum's most negative cunt .... but fair play to you, there are a few contenders for "most negative cunt" and you are one of the best ....
Now you're answering a question I asked pups?

Did you forget to log into your other account?

Back
Top Bottom