January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your question has no universal answer you silly sausage.

Different players cost different money.

Piatek could be gotten for £25m probably.
Tammy Abraham for £50m.

Rather than ask, what does a striker cost. Name the strikers.

I know your football knowledge is limited to whatever team Ronaldo is at. But Google is at your fingertips.

If italian defenders are marking you, good luck trying to adapt. Not even the mighty Ronaldo achieved that, he took a long while last year to adapt, and this year he needs Dybala to attract defenders so he can have some free space to score. What the hell is Piatek, with a broken system, and with 2 useless cunts on either wing supposed to do?
Adapt. Like good players do.

You're not doing a very good job of selling him. Just making excuses.

Oh my bad, what I meant to say is all players cost the same.

:allitongue:
I knew it.
iu

Y'all wanna go big on Piatek when there's Timo Werner, Ciro Immobile, Wissam Ben Yedder, Joao Pedro and Moussa Dembele out there.

If we're gonna spunk bg money on someone out of form and short term, let's go a bit bigger and get certified quality that is in form.

Spend smart.

Adapt. Like good players do.

You're not doing a very good job of selling him. Just making excuses.
He's still the best striker Milan have had this year. Besides, I gave you the solution. It's different having Calhanoglu and Suso in the wings, who the full backs won't even bother to defend, especially now with how shit and uncreative AC Milan have been with Kessie and Bonaventura in the middle, than have Son and Lucas on either wing, who are both like the German blitz compared to Suso and Calhanoglu, with Lo Celso and Dele trying to pick a pass for you.

He's still the best striker Milan have had this year. Besides, I gave you the solution. It's different having Calhanoglu and Suso in the wings, who the full backs won't even bother to defend, especially now with how shit and uncreative AC Milan have been with Kessie and Bonaventura in the middle, than have Son and Lucas on either wing, who are both like the German blitz compared to Suso and Calhanoglu, with Lo Celso and Dele trying to pick a pass for you.
My man, Son and Lucas aren't exactly in the prime of life atm.

My man, Son and Lucas aren't exactly in the prime of life atm.
You don't know how shite Suso and Calhanoglu are. I'd rather play Eriksen in this form for 3 years in a row than play Calhanoglu for 6 months, that's how terrible he is. Hell, I'd have Nkoudou rather than Calhanoglu.

Y'all wanna go big on Piatek when there's Timo Werner, Ciro Immobile, Wissam Ben Yedder, Joao Pedro and Moussa Dembele out there.

If we're gonna spunk bg money on someone out of form and short term, let's go a bit bigger and get certified quality that is in form.

Spend smart.
I'm not in yall's spat but wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts to go after this guy? Not to mention we could have had WBY like 5 years ago before he went to Sevilla for like 7M. These are misses. Of course Werner turned us down but Poch did want him badly it was reported. Not a fan myself but can't deny his scoring.

Spend smart.
Werner won’t come to us and will cost 60m+. Immobile is 30 next month and already failed once outside Germany. Rest are not coming here either

I agree with Alli being better equipped than Lucas for a striker position.

I think you are undervaluing Willian Jose, whilst he is no world beater, he has a decent goal record for a deep lying forward, he has a good first touch, does good work outside the box (which is what we need IMO), and he is also strong and good in the air, which should help him adapt to the PL.

He also has an unfair reputation as a journeyman, due to being owned by Deportivo Maldonado, who are a team that third party owners use to buy players, thus he never played for them and they loaned him out every season to try and increase his value.

The first actual team he has signed for, he has been at for 3.5 years.

OK, fair do's, I said I had seen very little of him in terms of whole games, bits and bobs, and perused his stats, none of which suggest a player who gets heavily involved in build up, which is what I think we need. As far as being a journeyman, he'd had about 10 loans before they sold him for 6m, you'd think if he was great someone would have bought him for the low fee he would have cost?

Still 30m for 28yo back up number 9 ? You really think that's clever business? I guess his wages won't be too much.

Personally I'd much rather we bought a younger player, and preferably one that can play in other (or at least an other) positions too, that way he's going to bring more to the squad overall, will be easier to get games, meaning we get better value, whist also hopefully ending up with a player who's footballing and monetary value increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom