January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Esteves sounds interesting, anyone seen him Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb ?

Tomas Esteves played for Porto u19's v Spurs u19's in UEFA Youth League as a 16 year old about a year ago and looked good, but think he's only played a few games for Porto B (equivalent of our u23's), so big punt on a 17 year old RB...……………………….. (by comparison Spurs bought highly rated Danny Rose as a 17 year old, probably 3 years before getting into Spurs first team ?).

Liverpool on a completely different planet. To think we were better than them only a few seasons ago. If only our owners and board had the same ambition as the Liverpool lot, we might of been in their place. Shambles really the way our club operate in regards to the playing squad.
Its bizarre. We're about to go into yet another fixture, a massively important cup tie in the only realistic competition that could end our unprecedented trophy drought, and we still don't have a recognised striker !
Meanwhile, Levy still enjoys a 75% approval rating on this forum.

Its bizarre. We're about to go into yet another fixture, a massively important cup tie in the only realistic competition that could end our unprecedented trophy drought, and we still don't have a recognised striker !
Chucked the cup again I fear.

As I qualified subsequently, it was more tongue in cheek, I don’t see him as a striker either, I’d just rather we spent the 20m we are talking about spending on Jose/Piatek on Eze, and I do think he’d do a better stand in job up top than Moura can.

Of the bunch of AM’s we have I think Alli would be better suited to playing as the lone 9 or false 9, but he seems to be the only one not getting a go at it.
I agree with Alli being better equipped than Lucas for a striker position.

I think you are undervaluing Willian Jose, whilst he is no world beater, he has a decent goal record for a deep lying forward, he has a good first touch, does good work outside the box (which is what we need IMO), and he is also strong and good in the air, which should help him adapt to the PL.

He also has an unfair reputation as a journeyman, due to being owned by Deportivo Maldonado, who are a team that third party owners use to buy players, thus he never played for them and they loaned him out every season to try and increase his value.

The first actual team he has signed for, he has been at for 3.5 years.

it’s Levy all over mate. Drags the window as far as he can, so he can save a few pennies. The guys a bald fraud mate. We have won 1 league cup in over 20 years of his leadership. For a club of our history and size, it’s a complete farce. We should of dipped into the market the moment Kane was out long term.

Thankfully players other than a striker can score in football. We somehow managed to get two goals last night!

Thankfully players other than a striker can score in football. We somehow managed to get two goals last night!
Ha. Great post.
Sums up perfectly what I was saying.
One of the richest clubs in the world going into game after game with no recognised striker available and our fans just brush it off and accept it.

Stockholm Syndrome personified right there.

Maybe one league cup in 20 years is no more than we deserve after all.

Ha. Great post.
Sums up perfectly what I was saying.
One of the richest clubs in the world going into game after game with no recognised striker available and our fans just brush it off and accept it.

Stockholm Syndrome personified right there.

Maybe one league cup in 20 years is no more than we deserve after all.
Of your 9k posts, how many you reckon are on this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom