Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

.....And on that basis, that makes it all Mourinho's fault does it?

Yours,

A Spurs-Stan. :)

The neglect of the squad whilst the stadium build was going on is the biggest issue here, no doubts.

However spurs need to rebuild, its unavoidable.

He hasn’t built a team without a blank chequebook in a decade... we have some big holes and he’s never been a developer of young talent which is the main reason we progresses since 2014, pardon me for having no faith in somebody who tried to burn the house down at his last 2 jobs.

You guys really think he’s changed because of a few nice bits of sky punditry and hugging a ball boy 😂

The neglect of the squad whilst the stadium build was going on is the biggest issue here, no doubts.

He hasn’t built a team without a blank chequebook in a decade... we have some big holes and he’s never been a developer of young talent which is the main reason we progresses since 2014, pardon me for having no faith in somebody who tried to burn the house down at his last 2 jobs.

You guys really think he’s changed because of a few nice bits of sky punditry and hugging a ball boy 😂
Why did Poch sanction the signing of a 44M CB then drop him for the CB who needed upgrading?

What "guys"?

.....You're blatantly missing my point. :)

The football was just as bad as it was under Pochettino for the past year. Very harsh sticking this in the Mourinho thread when the quality was shit long before he took over.
So we aren't allowed to say in a thread about the manager, that the football played under the sovereign of the manager is rather poor, because someone think that the football played under a previous manager was rather poor too?

Tell me, why did we change managers at all?

Cost £30m quid, we are led to believe. Why?

Could we, just say, expect at least some parameters to improve?

So are you saying we peaked three years ago when Poch bottled the title to Leicester?

Hardly a glowing endorsement.
Do you think Kane is past it? He came through under Sherwood.

Was you calling for Eriksens head two years ago? He came under AVB
We peaked in 2016-17 that’s Poch’s 3rd year... has counting eluded you?

Kane isn’t past it but the team is and we need to adapt to him losing the explosiveness he had in his early years. AVB actually gave Kane his break

Eriksen needed to be sold in summer ‘18 but Levy still thought he could convince him to stay. Shame it ended as it has. Eriksen was well known for his time at Ajax, Poch made him a consistent player from 15-18.

We’ve had these arguments already, the cycle was finished after summer 18 and the decision not to change things up is what we are paying for now. However according to you we’ve upgraded in manager so we should be flying up the league.

So we aren't allowed to say in a thread about the manager, that the football played under the sovereign of the manager is rather poor, because someone think that the football played under a previous manager was rather poor too?

Tell them please. Imagine hiring Lewis Hamilton to drive your car but he can’t go faster than you. Why should you bother getting him a faster car?

You can say what you like mate, I just think it's harsh signalling Jose out when he hasn't had his first choice GK, first choice LB, has long term injuries to two massively important players in Kane and Sissoko, Ndombele being stop start, Lo Celso and Sessegnon still not really going for us yet etc and has only been able to bring in one player of his own.

If anyone expected fireworks early on because of Mourinho with the same team that didn't win away for nearly a whole calendar year and were bottom of the for, table for 2019 then I think they set themselves up for a massive fall IMO.

Last edited:
You can say what you like mate, I just think it's harsh signalling Jose out when he hasn't had his first choice GK, first choice LB, has long term injuries to two massively important players in Kane and Sissoko, Ndombele beinstopmstart etc and has only been able to bring in one player of his own.

If anyone expected fireworks early on because of Mourinho with the same team that didn't win away for nearly a whole calendar year and were bottom of the for, table for 2019 then I think they set themselves up for a massive fall IMO.

The guy has never been one for the long haul so what exactly are we doing here?

How many managers are there for the long haul these days? I mean there's short term and there's having a couple of months in the job and having the only striker you've inherited get an injury that might rule him out for the rest of the campaign.

Not sure what people really expect at the moment, we're in a rough place and that can't alter overnight with all the injuries and upheaval with contracts going on etc. Today we had no Lloris, Davies, Rose, Sissoko, Ndombele, Kane in the squad and two players in Vertognhen & Eriksen who's futures are really up in the air. All clubs go through these moments and at this moment it's our turn to.

Last edited:
How many managers are there for the long haul these days? I mean there's short term and there's having a couple of months in the job and having the only striker you've inherited get an injury that might rule him out for the rest of the campaign.

Not sure what people really expect at the moment, we're in a rough place and that can't alter overnight with all the injuries and upheaval with contracts going on etc.

I want something tangible to show that there’s hope for the future, regardless of results.

2004-05 and 2014-15 were similar seasons but I had faith we could improve based on what I saw. Also the 2nd half of 2008-09 with Redknapp

Last edited:
I want something tangible to show that there’s hope for the future, regardless of results.

Until Mourinho gets to make the changes required I think you'll just have to be patient mate.

A nucleus of Lloris, Alderweireld, Gedson, Ndombele, Dele, Lo Celso, Son & Kane is more than enough to add a couple of solid additions to in order to see us turn the corner. Transitional times are never easy for any team, just ask Man U fans that after Fergie packed it in.

He'll sort out the squad and balance it.

He's been brought in to win us Silverware.

We're in transition and will take a bit of time to establish a new identity.

That's normal.

There was a big mess Poch left here to sift through and JM also needs to see the limitations of some players, up close, who he thought were better than they are.

Any manager who came here would have a job on their hands to work through our problems.

Back
Top Bottom