Lyon v Tottenham 2nd Leg!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking hell not again.

I can't help myself, I'm like this cat

images

I see you run in the same circles Carl runs in.

circlesirunwith.png

Dispatches from the circles... Keep 'em coming, boys.

pussy3.png
Hi, I honestly don't know what you mean, I'm simply quoting stuff that's appeared on News Now. If you're implying that I'm setting myself up as some kind of ITK, well I'm not.

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever, any 'info' I have is from the public domain.

Whether Barca are interested in Hugo or not, some clubs bigger than ourselves will be, over the next year or so, IMHO.

Just heard a few wankers from Lyon had a punch-up with a few of our boys. Anti-Semitic yet again. 3 in hospital.

I certainly wonder if it's time to leave all this 'yid army' stuff behind us. But I can't see it happening in the near future.

I don't think it does us any favours these days. If oppo fans do the hissing stuff nowadays, chance are they'll end in court, or their club fined.

When I started supporting us in the 60s, I never even knew we were a 'Jewish club' and the songs we sang, 'glory glory', 'macnamara's band' weren't 'jewish' at all.

The owner of the bar said the thugs had already cased the place ahead of time and he had called the police. A little late I guess. Sons, be careful out there.

Back to the football. Love Jan.

Luckily, Tottenham can call on Gareth Bale, who has scored his side’s last six goals in all competitions, including two free-kicks in the first leg against Lyon last Thursday, which Spurs won 2-1.
And while every inspirational display adds more value to Bale’s stock, each goal brings Tottenham closer to their ultimate aim of returning to the Champions League — and keeping Bale at White Hart Lane.
‘He deserves all the attention,’ said Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen. ‘Gareth is a great player. Sometimes we laugh about it or take the mickey out of him but he’s a very cool guy and he’s very focused. Everybody’s very glad he plays here and he wants to play here as well.’

I certainly wonder if it's time to leave all this 'yid army' stuff behind us. But I can't see it happening in the near future.

I don't think it does us any favours these days. If oppo fans do the hissing stuff nowadays, chance are they'll end in court, or their club fined.

When I started supporting us in the 60s, I never even knew we were a 'Jewish club' and the songs we sang, 'glory glory', 'macnamara's band' weren't 'jewish' at all.

That's not exactly true though.

Tottenham's association with the Jewish community is almost as old as the club itself.

For many away fans, probably their first ever sight of Jewish people came as they traveled through Stamford Hill on their way to our ground on Tottenham Marshes, Northumberland Park or White Hart Lane.

One of the reasons put forward for Tottenham's expulsion from the First Division at the start of the 1919-20 season was that it was due to anti-Semitic sentiments from the other First Division clubs.

That's not exactly true though.

Tottenham's association with the Jewish community is almost as old as the club itself.

For many away fans, probably their first ever sight of Jewish people came as they traveled through Stamford Hill on their way to our ground on Tottenham Marshes, Northumberland Park or White Hart Lane.

One of the reasons put forward for Tottenham's expulsion from the First Division at the start of the 1919-20 season was that it was due to anti-Semitic sentiments from the other First Division clubs.
Well it is exactly true though, all of which I wrote is true. so I don't know how you can tell me what I thought wasn't true, you're simply wrong on this. That's what I thought, I never saw us as a Jewish club. I didn't grow up in Stamford Hill or anywhere near it. The vast majority of the Spurs fans I knew weren't Jewish, we were white working class, nominally C of E for the most part, though I'm a strong atheist these days. And since when has Glory Glory Hallelujah been a Jewish song, or McNamara's Band?

I wish we weren't seen as a Jewish club, but obviously since I got older I found out that's what we're perceived as. It's not something I welcome, naturally I'm pleased we have many Jewish supporters, but so do Woolwich. But they don't have to drag around all this anti-semitic baggage that we're lumbered with.

And since when has Glory Glory Hallelujah been a Jewish song, or McNamara's Band?

Aw, I dunno, if you study the scriptures, as I have, it reveals many hidden layers...

THE HYMN OF GLORY (GLORY)

By Judah He-Hasid (Trans. Israel Zangwill)

The Ark is opened,
and the following Hymn is chanted in alternate verse by the Reader and Congregation.

I will chant sweet hymns and compose songs; for the Park Lane to sing, my soul panteth after thee.
My soul hath longed to be beneath the shadow of thy West Stand Cockerel, to know all thy secret mysteries.
Even whilst I speak of thy glory, my heart-shaped goal celebration yearneth for thy love.
Therefore will I speak glorious things of thee, and will honor thy name with songs of love for Steffan Freund, who loveth me.
I will declare thy glory-glory, though I have not seen thee; under images of next season's kit will I describe thee, though I have not known thy next season's kit.
By the hand-ball of thy prophets, in the mystic utterance of thy servants, thou hast imaged forth the grandeur and the glory of thy majesty.
They figured thee in a multitude of visions; behold thou art One Hotspur under all images.
They saw in thee both age and youth, the hair of thy head now lilywhite as in old age, now black as in youth.
Age in the day of judgment, and Tottenham youth in the day of battle; as a man of war he striveth with his hands:
He hath bound a helmet of a run of six straight victories upon his head; his right hand, his sweet left-foot, and his holy arm tattoos, hath wrought victory for him:
With dew of light his head is filled, and his brylcreamed locks with drops of the night.
He shall be glorified by me for he delighteth in me; yea, he shall be to me a crown of beauty.
His head is like fine, pure gold; upon the back of his shirt is impressed the glory of his holy name.
For grace and glory, beauty and splendor his people hath encircled him with a White Hart
The plaited hair of BAE's head seemed as in the days of youth, whereas Thudd's black locks were flowing in curls, until he scores another goal, then he will shave those locks.
The abode of righteousness—his glorious beauty—may he prefer it above his chiefest joy, or them lot down the road.
May his treasured people be silverware in his hand, a royal diadem of glorious beauty.
They were borne by him, he carried them; with more silverware he adorned them; for that they were precious in his sight he honored them.
His glory resteth upon me, and mine upon him; and he is nigh unto me, when I cry unto him when we are denied a victory by conceding two late, sloppy goals.
He is bright and ruddy in never-red apparel, when he cometh front treading the winepress in Faces nightclub.
The heart-shaped symbol of his all-embracing providence he showed to the Shelfside, when the similitude of the Lord was before his eyes had seen the glory of the cups at White Hart Lane.
The sum of thy word is truth; O thou, who hast called every generation, man and boy, from the beginning, seek the people that seeketh thee.
Accept, I beseech thee, the multitude of my songs for each player, and let my joyous cry come near unto thee.
Let the song of the poor West Stand Lower be precious in thy sight as the song that was sung at thy offerings.
May my blessing rise to the bountiful GHodd, who createth chances and produceth spectacular finishes, who is just and mighty.
And when I bless thee, incline thine bar-scarf unto me, and take what I offer as though it were the choicest spices and latest training apparel.
May my meditation be pleasant unto thee, for my soul panteth after thee.
And the Spurs go Marching on.

or was that too blasphemous? :dempsey:

...and as for Moshe McNamara, don't even get me started! :levywhoa:

As is well known Glory Gory Hallelujah comes to us from the USA, what I didn't know was that apparently McNamara's Band was written in Barnet. Greavesie in my picture is of course coming out to it, oh and he wasn't Jewish either :)

Back
Top Bottom