Who can replace Eriksen ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unpopular opinion and not sure if it'll happen. But if he were to sign a new contract and we can get him motivated then that would be our best solution.

3d5.gif

On FIFA, I swap Lamela in to CAM and he does nicely.

Sure that would work: just once I want the real-life commentators to say that ‘watching this team is like watching a video game’.

of course, GLC was really bought in to fill that spot.

Eriksen as good as gone in January if not the end of season. Doesn't start anymore , but he continues to save the team by getting subbed in when the side is chasing goals and changing the game. Safe to say there is no creative spark in the current team except for him

Losing him without a replacement can tank the season single-handedly. Who can replace him (and realistically available) ? -

a) Coutinho ?
b) Bale ?
c) Ziyech ?
d) Havertz ?
CC643-BA6-5-DE8-4426-8306-396-A2184-DAC7.gif

Think we are fine at CAM with Dele, Lo Celso and Lamela, and Sess and Clarke to rotate in on the wings.

CDM and RB are much more important positions we need to shore up.

Lo Celso is perfectly capable of playing that role, although in a very different way. If we get Bale in trade for Eriksen, I'm all for it.

Do you not think a motivated Eriksen would be beneficial for us?

The whole team used to revolve around him. You can't deny the quality he has.

Its just he isn't motivated.

The guy has already shown what he thinks of us. The team has been struggling all season, the manager was struggling- instead of rolling his sleeves up and getting stuck in, he went AWOL.
I wouldn’t trust him to be the ballboy anymore, let alone play a central role in the team. What’s gonna happen when he throws the next tantrum?

No-one stopped him leaving - the truth is no club wanted him enough. He has no right to be angry at the club or Poch.

When it comes down to quality we have GLC, Dele and Lamela that can play that role with Ndombele also able to play that role at a push - so I don’t think he is as essential as you make out.

The guy has already shown what he thinks of us. The team has been struggling all season, the manager was struggling- instead of rolling his sleeves up and getting stuck in, he went AWOL.
I wouldn’t trust him to be the ballboy anymore, let alone play a central role in the team. What’s gonna happen when he throws the next tantrum?

No-one stopped him leaving - the truth is no club wanted him enough. He has no right to be angry at the club or Poch.

When it comes down to quality we have GLC, Dele and Lamela that can play that role with Ndombele also able to play that role at a push - so I don’t think he is essential as you make out.
Fair arguments but I have to disagree with the last bit. If purely down to quality then I'm backing Eriksen over those you mentioned.
Those 2 balls he pinged in the lead up to the second goal yesterday, only he has the ability to do that in our squad. Potentially kane at a push.

Lo Celso and Grealish could play together against teams that park the bus
Unpopular opinion and not sure if it'll happen. But if he were to sign a new contract and we can get him motivated then that would be our best solution.
Once he is a free agent we can compete for his signature if we want. He seems to have decided that he wants a new club though.

There's no such thing as mild autism
Yes there is. There are varying spectrums of autism and aspergers is classed as a mild case of autism. There are also varying degrees of aspergers - from finding it impossible to communicate and then another case of being able to function on a social level but being fixated by a task to the point everything else in life is no longer a priority.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom