Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (26th Dec) (12:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not much cause for optimism after yesterday's abject performance. It seems we aren't able to learn much from our defeats. Still expecting a win though.

We're going to embaress ourselves on Amazon Prime again aren't we.

Our Amazon documentary is a great opportunity but like all other opportunities that come Spurs way we will absolutely screw it up.

No idea who's turning up for this one. This team's like Janus, not a clue which face we'll see. One match we look like we haven't been fed we're so hungry for it, another like it's an inconvenience and losses are to be expected.

My biggest fear is that the chain of losses did something to their minds. Losing is no longer a source of shame and anger but instead a path to resignation, to apathy. I thought that was what Jose was going to batter out of us quickly. Get the fury back. But yesterday could have been any sour game from earlier in the season.

So, with all their skills and gifts, are this team just mentally flakey? From Gazza to Kane, do they actually have what it takes to win big or are they always going to fold at the last hurdle (or, in this case, 40 metres into a sprint)?

Rant over. We should win. But I wont be remotely suprised if we don't.

Mourinho is the better coach based on history. Right now however Potter is miles better.

They have one win in 7 (against the scum lol) they are a piss poor team and we should be twatting them.

We start Ndombele and Lo Celso in the CM and Sess on the left we should be ok. If we line up with Sissoko and Dier in CM I might just turn it off there

I’m hoping that GLC gets a start. I really don’t believe that we can evaluate him yet as he has hardly played, but what I’ve seen of him looks promising. Not just his skills but his attitude have impressed me and attitude is what we need right now.

I’d be very surprised if Jose picked Goldie Lookin Chain to start, they did look quite out of shape & in their 40’s the other day .

That said , 8 welsh stoners or Dier, the Newport boys all day

No idea who's turning up for this one. This team's like Janus, not a clue which face we'll see. One match we look like we haven't been fed we're so hungry for it, another like it's an inconvenience and losses are to be expected.

My biggest fear is that the chain of losses did something to their minds. Losing is no longer a source of shame and anger but instead a path to resignation, to apathy. I thought that was what Jose was going to batter out of us quickly. Get the fury back. But yesterday could have been any sour game from earlier in the season.

So, with all their skills and gifts, are this team just mentally flakey? From Gazza to Kane, do they actually have what it takes to win big or are they always going to fold at the last hurdle (or, in this case, 40 metres into a sprint)?

Rant over. We should win. But I wont be remotely suprised if we don't.

It’s essentially the same group of players for 5 years now, with very few breaking into the clique. We’ve had our answer to the question you posed a long time ago, they are mentally flaky.

I reckon we’ll beat Brighton 4-0. Games likes that are not the problem.

Brighton tore our defense apart using a 19 year old Academy player on his first full senior debut , it was embarrassing how he managed to completely destroy the defense , Connolly didn't start Brighton's game v Sheffield Utd last time out but now fully fit again apparently , Spurs should win comfortably but i wouldn't bet on it right now , simply can't be as dire as last time at Brighton .

Back
Top Bottom