UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad it is someone new, but RB Leipzig are quite good, probably playing as well than any of the five teams we could have faced at the moment. Although when it came down to Messi vs. Leipzig, I will take Leipzig every time.

Challenging thing to predict - where will Spurs be come mid-February? Will Leipzig have taken a step back? Should be an interesting tie.

Not to be underestimated as there’s no such thing as an easy game in the CL knockout stages but that was the second most favourable draw we could have got (first being Valencia) and they’re in a similar position to Dortmund last year who we beat. We’re not playing them for the better part of three months so let’s see where everyone is at by then.

It’s mad how far we’ve come in the last decade that the quarter finals of the CL is somewhere that we’re almost expected to get to now. Good times!!

This may be the best R16 CL draw I can remember. I'm sure there was a better one but really even across the board, and tough matches for all the English sides.

It's a shame that the Bundesliga, which generally gets things bang on in respect to running a league without fucking over the fans, has become infected by such an aberration. I can understand the MLS having a Red Bull team, but in a country with such a strong pedigree they stick out like a sore thumb. Leipzig are rightly hated in Germany.

No idea what their fans are doing following such a club.

Well, we have the Chavs on the 22nd of February, so the 19th would not be great for us to play RB.
We will play the first leg of our tie at home on Wednesday 19 February.
The second leg will follow at the Red Bull Arena in Leipzig on Tuesday 10 March.

Surely this means end of the road for the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and City...

Best draw even though we should defo not underestimate Leipzig.

Interesting point. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of all things but if we progress furthest out of all the English teams I'm pretty sure the way it's done it'll mean a bigger slice of the market pool bonuses they dish out :levyeyes:

It's all about the skrilla baby :chicco:

Their style of play is similar to ours in our last two seasons at the Lane. It's a young, high energy side with decent tactics. It will be tricky but doable.

I have no doubt that Jose will have a plan for how to suffocate them. They have struggled a bit in Europe this season, particularly against Lyon in the last round where they dropped a 2-0 lead.

We can take them, but we will have to work for it.

Obviously?

Back
Top Bottom