Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your loyalties aren’t with Tottenham, even if you are spurs, they’re with Poch

Sick of all you fucking weirdos, acting like we should make a statue of him.

THE DAY WE GOT 4TH!!!!!!!!
AND LOST A CUP FINAL!!!!!!!!

Small club loser mentality
This ain't Fulham Sammy and Poch sure ain't no Michael Jackson. You seriously need to chill the fuck out...all the exclamation marks jeez.

Your loyalties aren’t with Tottenham, even if you are spurs, they’re with Poch

Sick of all you fucking weirdos, acting like we should make a statue of him.

THE DAY WE GOT 4TH!!!!!!!!
AND LOST A CUP FINAL!!!!!!!!

Small club loser mentality
Dude!
I've agreed with many of your posts but I gotta say your laying it on a bit.

Yes Poch lost it
Yes it was time to part ways
Yes we are a big club

But also yes weve friggin failed and been lost in mediocrity for a bloody long time.
He did a lot for us.
He represented us phenomenally well. Showed alot of class especially in his early years.
Has been the best weve had in management since how long?!?
And ultimately i think we were lucky to have him at the time we did.

I wouldn't say he deserves a statue, but that guy... I'd cross the road and happily embrace him, say thanks and call him a stand up guy.

Watching all the Mourinho commentary I can tell you exactly what he did for his eleven months in the wilderness: cognitive behavioural therapy and yoga.

He looked like a wreck at Manchester United, it’s clear something was unravelling.

A good shrink, some hippie shit, and green vegetables will get you right back in the game.

Watching all the Mourinho commentary I can tell you exactly what he did for his eleven months in the wilderness: cognitive behavioural therapy and yoga.

He looked like a wreck at Manchester United, it’s clear something was unravelling.

A good shrink, some hippie shit, and green vegetables will get you right back in the game.

He's gonna go full-Hoddle isn't he.... :avbfacepalm:

#Spursey.

The Enlightened One
u9TWCor.png

I'll get my coat sorry

That and United are shit. Toby and Jan probably look like Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer compared to what he had at United and he still made them respectable. We bought a new midfield in the summer, and our front 4 is one of the best in the world.

The good hippie shit is a good squad.

If you really want to galaxy brain it, could that be why there is no stadium naming rights deal yet? If some oil Sheikh wants to buy Spurs as a vanity glamour project and pour blood money into it, having that naming rights deal still outstanding would be a critical means of laundering FFP revenue into the club.

We're a turnkey project for that kind of owner at this point. Which could be good or bad I guess, there's a certain amount of interest and credit in building it yourself the way the Abu Dhabi guys did with City, but it's also more challenging now from an FFP perspective.

One way or another something needs to happen. The current level of investment and current level of revenue growth don't square long-term.
I don't really understand what you've posted, but I quite like the fact that we haven't got a named sponsor for the stadium. Maybe I'm a little bit of a romantic/ too naive, but I'm more than happy that it is known as the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

I don't really understand what you've posted, but I quite like the fact that we haven't got a named sponsor for the stadium. Maybe I'm a little bit of a romantic/ too naive, but I'm more than happy that it is known as the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

It's great..... A large amount of the media have slipped back into the habit of saying WHL. If they don't rename it soon, it'll never stick.

He's like the guy you had a massive crush on, back in the day, who was totally out of your league, who then realises that you are actually the best thing for him, just took him a while to come to that conclusion!

I think he’s always had a soft spot for us. Even during his first stint at Chelsea I remember him making plenty of positive comments about us, and having a good relationship with Levy.

It’s not as if he was just playing the long game either, as he had plenty of hate for Woolwich.

For years I’ve thought there was a possibility of him coming to us if the circumstances were right.

I think he’s always had a soft spot for us. Even during his first stint at Chelsea I remember him making plenty of positive comments about us, and having a good relationship with Levy.

It’s not as if he was just playing the long game either, as he had plenty of hate for Woolwich.

For years I’ve thought there was a possibility of him coming to us if the circumstances were right.

He's always chosen to stay relatively complimentary about us. If it's was for an agenda or sincerely who knows but it did always feel inevitable that our oaths would cross.

Let's be honest it's a wonderful job for an ambitious manager. Haven't won the league since 1961 and never won the Champions League but big enough to push towards one or both if we hit it right. If he achieves one or the other he will go down in history and absolutely cement his name as one of the greatest mangers to be in the game and if he doesn't no harm done as it's seen as a big ask based on our history.

It's a top project for someone who fancies themselves andnwith a nucleus available to him like he has, it's ripe for a few tweaks to elevate us to new levels. Cash rich, one of the biggest stadiums, a rapidly growing name globally it's ticking a lot of boxes for someone to give us that extra push.

Win big and nobody will be able to take it away from him. There'll be no smart come backs like he's had due to money etc it will shower him in golden glory for eternity and I bet Jose loves a golden shower 😳

It’s called the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium because it’s free advertising for the club brand during the NFL games, which will be watched by millions all over the world. Large numbers of the US population will know our name.

Apparently naming rights are only available for football matches.

Back
Top Bottom