Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A bit like the 500,000 Man City Fans who claim to have been at Bury away the night they clinched promotion from League 1... I was ON these very escalators* (at Bethnal Green, although EVERY Central Line tube station looked like that in the '80s) on my way to the game in '87...

*Just not at the precise moment the photo was taken!
:pochfacepalm::adewtf::dempsey:

Agree on the organisation thing. That was one of the reasons WHU & Millwall had the reputations they did, they were tighter than us. We had too many different postcode firms. If mobiles had been around then i'm pretty sure not many would have lived with us.
They'd have been too busy FILMING it for their Instatwat accounts!

They'd have been too busy FILMING it for their Instatwat accounts!

I was thinking of this - doubles up as a weapon/missile

moscowrussia-january-31-2015-old-260nw-248470969.jpg

Anyone else remember Cardiff away in the cup (1977?). Utter carnage after the game, they were even fighting us on the station platforms. And as for the walk back to Stoke station, that still gives me the shivers. Great days but looking back now, as a 62 year old, amazed I made it through some of them alive..

Anyone else remember Cardiff away in the cup (1977?). Utter carnage after the game, they were even fighting us on the station platforms. And as for the walk back to Stoke station, that still gives me the shivers. Great days but looking back now, as a 62 year old, amazed I made it through some of them alive..

Cardiff away was like being on the set of Braveheart.

Only in Wales.

Remember that game, we had running battles with them all the way to the station. For some reason me and a few of me mates went by train. Other mates that went on the coaches, I was told run them all over the place before and after the game.

RIP.

Agree on the organisation thing. That was one of the reasons WHU & Millwall had the reputations they did, they were tighter than us. We had too many different postcode firms. If mobiles had been around then i'm pretty sure not many would have lived with us.
That's very true we had a lot of game smaller firms doing their own thing which left us open to organized mobs like West Ham but when we did come together as one at away games or, after home games then we were a major force to wreckon with and could and did take it to everyone . One of those smaller game lot were the Somers Town lot, they were well handy? Always lurking around Eusron.
I remember Man U in the late 70s. War zone from Seven Sisters and back again, think it was then that a lad got killed. Fighting all round the ground as you could walk all the way round it then.
OB put the Mancs in the Shelf and, I think the cage, possibly before it was the cage. Tottenham came into them from the side and rear in a perfect pincer movement and this is the famous picture of them jumping over the front to the lower shelf to get away.
I was told many years later by a Salford Manc I met on holiday that this game was supposed to be the Cockney reds, 'coming of age.' It was them that took the brunt of the beatings as well as a large group of Salford reds, and few firms took liberties with them.
I am reaching into the recesses of my memory for this and as I can rarely remember what I came upstairs for, I could be wholly wrong. :pochfacepalm:
It was 76 i think when you could walk round the ground, and that day was a warzone your right you can see the faces of the Man Utd on the Shelf they look a bit spooked and also 79 too outside that was insane and also they got destroyed outside in 84. The Spurs bloke got killed on the escalators when it went off inside 7 Sisters tube after the home game with the Cockney Reds in 80 or 81 I think? someone hit the stop button in panic as it was all going off and everyone fell and got crushed and one geezer died in that crush. Was at the game but not on the escalator we was elsewhere on the High Rd helping Manchester fans home. Sad day as no one should die at football. The next time we went to Old Trafford with serious intent. we took a mob of a 1000 by coach with K and there was 100s and 100s of us on the Inter city train, took it to them all day it was going off everywhere and the Cockney Reds bottled it in the Scoreboard when we went in there to greet them, in their section, they didn't want to know and got the OB to remove us all back into our away section. Another huge instoppable mob turn out for us that day, which was great because in all honesty it had come on top a few times up there with their huge numbers before even though we weren't shy but not this day.

That's very true we had a lot of game smaller firms doing their own thing which left us open to organized mobs like West Ham but when we did come together as one at away games or, after home games then we were a major force to wreckon with and could and did take it to everyone . One of those smaller game lot were the Somers Town lot, they were well handy? Always lurking around Eusron.

It was 76 i think when you could walk round the ground, and that day was a warzone your right you can see the faces of the Man Utd on the Shelf they look a bit spooked and also 79 too outside that was insane and also they got destroyed outside in 84. The Spurs bloke got killed on the escalators when it went off inside 7 Sisters tube after the home game with the Cockney Reds in 80 or 81 I think? someone hit the stop button in panic as it was all going off and everyone fell and got crushed and one geezer died in that crush. Was at the game but not on the escalator we was elsewhere on the High Rd helping Manchester fans home. Sad day as no one should die at football. The next time we went to Old Trafford with serious intent. we took a mob of a 1000 by coach with K and there was 100s and 100s of us on the Inter city train, took it to them all day it was going off everywhere and the Cockney Reds bottled it in the Scoreboard when we went in there to greet them, in their section, they didn't want to know and got the OB to remove us all back into our away section. Another huge instoppable mob turn out for us that day, which was great because in all honesty it had come on top a few times up there with their huge numbers before even though we weren't shy but not this day.

Talking of the Somers Town Mob anyone remember a certain BK the paper seller ?

Back
Top Bottom