West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got a WhatsApp group of about 35 football fans, most of whom support utd and Woolwich. I was being an even more obvious twat than normal prematch. Really getting some shit back. One on them said that he couldn't see us winning at all before the new year. You can imagine how my heart sank when I saw dier on the team sheet in central midfield. I almost, almost sent a message taking back my obnoxious comments but i didnt for some reason. Thank fuck I didnt.

Tottenham Boys We Are Here - 2019 edition.

:angryscouser:

Mate don’t underestimate how much some bad rep can really beat you up.

:llorishuh:

I know how scary a social media dust up can be mate. I gave some wannabe a straight left to the WhatsApp, followed by a right cross to his Twitter and finished him with an upper cut to the Facebook.

My likes went off the scale mate and as for my retweets.....

I'm talking about the last 25 mins or so of the game. How would you describe them?
I don't think it could be described as parking the bus(I wish we had). Different opinions and all that :) Our defence still needs a lot of work,one thing that did come out of yesterday,that and the fact the game lasts 90 minutes,not 70. Pleased,but very much a work in progress still.

Just realised that I inadvertently broke one of my superstitions yesterday, and we still won :)
(in case you're interested, it's the one that I don't use my Spurs mug on match days..... and I had actually used both! Know what I'm going to do next weekend)

I don't think it could be described as parking the bus(I wish we had). Different opinions and all that :) Our defence still needs a lot of work,one thing that did come out of yesterday,that and the fact the game lasts 90 minutes,not 70. Pleased,but very much a work in progress still.

It was a pretty good thing we did concede to be honest.. Jose can see the flaws and work on what needs to be rectified.. A 3-0 thrashing would have given him little to work on apart from ‘same again’ type tactics.

Plus, their little spirited fightback keeps their shit manager in place..win win.

Just realised that I inadvertently broke one of my superstitions yesterday, and we still won :)
(in case you're interested, it's the one that I don't use my Spurs mug on match days..... and I had actually used both! Know what I'm going to do next weekend)
You clearly don't understand superstitions.
The only thing that works is NOT going with your superstitions, so as your new superstition is to drink from your Spurs mugs, you MUSTN'T DO IT.
But now that I've explained it to you and you realise that your new superstition is TO USE THE MUGS, you mustn't use them.
Get it?

...This will have to carry on right up to kick off (kind of like an extended 'she loves me, she loves me not').

The last 25 mins. Low defensive block. Fatigue and nerves.

So how should we have played the last 25 mins where we were 3-0 up, players started to show signs of fatigue?
Should we have carried on attacking at pace and unnecessarily wearing the players down?

It very much seems that using that phrase has been planned and was going to be used no matter what.

It's the wierdest thing, as a Spanish speaker I can read Portuguese without too much problem but can barely understand a word when it's spoken. African and Brazilian speakers are a bit easier but those from Portugal itself sound almost Russian, as you say
Many Brazilians really struggle to communicate in Portugal, until they get used to the dialect.

The accents and pronunciations are so far apart it's barely the same spoken language, nothing like England to Australia for example.

More like an Ulsterman trying to have a chat with Forrest Gump.

If only Lucas had shot when through one on one v the worst goalie in the league!!
There would have been an even bigger exodus and probably 5 or 6 nil?

So how should we have played the last 25 mins where we were 3-0 up, players started to show signs of fatigue?
Should we have carried on attacking at pace and unnecessarily wearing the players down?

It very much seems that using that phrase has been planned and was going to be used no matter what.
I am delighted Poch is gone and Mourinho is here. Over the 90 mins, we beat those fuckers out the gate. I have no issue with how we intended to manage the game in the last 25 mins or so, and am ecstatic with the result. As I said to my old man, the good times are back. It was only the execution of the tactics towards the end of the game that put us in a bit of a bother, partly because some of our boys had run themselves to a standstill and we picked up a few knocks, etc.

We could have done with a couple of players out there who could have helped us retain possession as the game wore on.

Back
Top Bottom