West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think it could be described as parking the bus(I wish we had). Different opinions and all that :) Our defence still needs a lot of work,one thing that did come out of yesterday,that and the fact the game lasts 90 minutes,not 70. Pleased,but very much a work in progress still.
If that was parking the bus then it was the shittest version of it I've seen in some time. What we know about Jose though is how adept he is at shutting up shop. Given we have no problem taking leads that would be massive.

I am a huge fan of Sissoko but he was poor when he came on, Eriksen did nothing either. Fatigue was a factor, as was Antonio’s power. Very happy with the win, we will improve under Jose. You could tell we were nervous, it’s great to get that away win, I believe we win midweek to qualify, then Bournemouth and the team will be flying.

I am delighted Poch is gone and Mourinho is here. Over the 90 mins, we beat those fuckers out the gate. I have no issue with how we intended to manage the game in the last 25 mins or so, and am ecstatic with the result. As I said to my old man, the good times are back. It was only the execution of the tactics towards the end of the game that put us in a bit of a bother, partly because some of our boys had run themselves to a standstill and we picked up a few knocks, etc.

We could have done with a couple of players out there who could have helped us retain possession as the game wore on.

Now I don’t disagree with any of that and what you describe is spot on which doesn’t equate to parking the bus..That’s a tag line that others will use at every opportunity..I really wanted us to get a few so that wouldn’t be used. If it was a dull 0-0 that would be splattered all over the back pages.

The manager conducted himself very respectfully before the game, during it and after as well.

Couldn’t have gone any better for him.

Skip to 2:20, Davies clearly explaining to Rose about how shit their stadium is with the gaps between the stands and Rose looking back in disgust!

Also, I didn't see that part of the build up, but what Joe Cole says there about the snide "acidic" types, although he doesn't know the Spurs dressing room, you just know he's talking about Eriksen. Every interview I've ever seen with him, back in the positive days, he was always exactly that, "acidic", usually very funny with it too. As things went south you can imagine the snide aspect replacing the humour.

In other news, Cole has improved a lot as a pundit. His accent will always work against him, it's hard not to see him as thick as shit, but he's definitely got much better. Spoke sense, was very even handed, he's even become more eloquent - at half time he said "As Glenn has alluded to..." which beats "What this bloke just said..."

Respect!

Apparently we should be worried....
We were that bad...

I genuinely believe that if the new coaching team had been in charge since the beginning of October instead of last week that would have been 0-5.
Not saying we are superb,just acknowledging they are fucking awful.
Antonio is a good player though. He embarrassed the rest of his team with the effort he put in in such a short space of time.

Skip to 2:20, Davies clearly explaining to Rose about how shit their stadium is with the gaps between the stands and Rose looking back in disgust!

You mean about 2:10 right? The look of just general disapproval from Rose is so funny, thinking someone fucked up bad here.

behind Glenn the stadium looks like a half finished building site.

I kind of imagine West Ham as the setting for a post apocalypse football game. Stuck in the middle of a god forsaken non-mans lands ruled by a dictatorial midget and a few lackeys with the hideous masses kept at bay by distance and a giant moat around the pitch filled with piss and shit as the poor unfortunate fans are forced to cheer for a game they cannot see with players they do not know.

I kind of imagine West Ham as the setting for a post apocalypse football game. Stuck in the middle of a god forsaken non-mans lands ruled by a dictatorial midget and a few lackeys with the hideous masses kept at bay by distance and a giant moat around the pitch filled with piss and shit as the poor unfortunate fans are forced to cheer for a game they cannot see with players they do not know.
According to latest reports,Karren Brady's arse is easier to spot by 85% of the crowd on match days, than the centre circle or the opposite corner flag. Allegedly...

Most ground covered today:

Harry Kane (10.96km)
Eric Dier (10.94km) - yeah, me too
Harry Winks (10.87km)

Most sprints:

Son Heung-min (24) !!!
Dele (13)
Serge Aurier (10).

To be fair to him he performed better as a CB than either of their actual centre backs yesterday.

Insanely over-rated tho. Always looks ropey in an England shirt imo.

He ain’t a bad player but Winks is a far better footballer ability wise and the shit he gets on this forum just imagine Rice.

We do need another DM to compete with Dier and we need a top of the range, that isn’t Rice. If it wasn’t for constant injuries I’d probably take Antonio from them, horrible to play against.

Back
Top Bottom