West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The trouble is sammy, Dier disappears when the heat is on, he shrinks backwards into Toby’s shorts, dragging the whole game backwards 30 yards with him and inviting pressure. Which ended up fucking us up the arse, which is what it always did.
Jose wanted him at Utd, so maybe he will make him a much better player.

FWIW:

Aurier remembered how to play; Alderweireld excellent as he didn't have to run too much - v. classy; Davies solid apart from one or two overloads; Dele great; Son great; Kane as Kane does; Moura fast but panicky (but still looked threatening).

I think it was effective having Dier back, he and Winks seemed to pass on DM duties fairly well - clearly carrying a few pounds and not match fit - will come with time. Not sure Eriksen made the difference, might have been that all 3 changes were made within a few minutes of each other, and Moura and Son were run out, plus Dier was well and truly gassed. I guess he was probably left on to get the minutes to improve sharpness.

I'm a little bit happy that it all went crazy in the last ten or fifteen minutes: gives a better idea of what's been happening. I assume the players returned to 'passive' game management, whereas we had so much time and space we could have played the last twenty minutes moving the ball from side to side just outside their box. Oh, well, three points and on we go.

Just like Poch did when he first got here.
But then lost the courage and bravery (tm) to do it in the last few years. He paid for not learning the lesson. I have a feeling he will suffer a similar fate in the future as well.

But then lost the courage and bravery (tm) to do it in the last few years. He paid for not learning the lesson. I have a feeling he will suffer a similar fate in the future as well.
Hopeful not before he has won us the prem and the champions league.

Mourinho will have seen the good and the bad of his players in that game big time and confirm the work he has ahead of him.
Two shite goals conceded and lucky not to concede a third from a cross. Was good to see Sanchez gutted at the end when he was with the manager though knowing he had fucked up badly for that second goal.

Dier and Lucas were poor, the two cbs sleeping for goals but otherwise good and everyone else did well.
That second goal was sexy stuff- I think we will hammer Olympiakos and Bournemouth at home now tbh and get the ball really rolling.

Hopeful not before he has won us the prem and the champions league.
Perhaps i wasn't clear. I'm talking about Poch not learning and letting his loyalty get in the way. I feel Mou will be ruthless. Hopefully not by picking fights through the media though.

FYP

*maybe, considering it gives a false sense of security. Would you like a safety net that more than likely won't work or have that knowledge ahead of time?
Don’t get the question.
All I know is we were good when we played with a DM, then we dropped the DMs and were shit, then we played a DM today and were better.

Hes the DM we have, so as I said, he’s better than no DM

The good:

Obvious structure and tactics. 3-2-4 going forward / 4-4-2 defending

Dele - phenomenal. Involved in everything

Happy for our front three to score. Well deserved.

Aurier - one of if not his best match for us. Can he build on it?

Dier - Strong defense and positioning but his passing was poor

Winks - thought he was good in the first half but disappeared in the 2nd half when we needed someone to take control in the midfield.

Toby/Dav were solid for the first 70. The Antonio goal was on Toby and Corner kick goal was on. Sanchez.

Hopefully it’s Lo Celso not Eriksen on in the future. His dribbling ability could’ve taken off a lot of pressure.

I have to assume José wanted to give Chris a chance or isn’t comfortable with Lo Celso yet.

A lot to like but still a lot of work to do.

I know you back the squad. Too much it seems is what worries people. I don't like to use the phrase because it aounds like you ar3 fucking up all the time but I must say onward and upward. Our recent situation has given the phrase a new level of meaning for me.

Thank you Poch. Hello Jose lol.

I back the squad too much and that’s what worries people?
What?
So I’m a shit fan because I knew we had quality but needed a new manager?

And the real fanz didn’t back as many players as me so they are better supporters?
What?

First away win in ages, three points, stuck it on the spammers, Jose showing passion on the touchline, what's not to like?
Okay not the best second half, but we held on for the points. Antonio made a difference for them (not that I saw the first half but assuming we played well).
Best part of the day? Got on the train at Romford and sat next to the legend that is Clive Allen. Another decent guy and we had a lovely chat to Stratford. His younger brother Bradley works alòngside Ryan Mason, with the kids. And he's got two grandsons! Doesn't look old enough.
All in all not perfect but that will do nicely. At least it's not going to ruin my weekend.
At an 80th birthday dinner tonight.....load of hammers will be about......now do I wear my Spurs badge?
:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom