Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was subbed off in the last game because he was injured. He pulled his groin.

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tanguy Ndombele has clarified that fatigue was the reason he was substituted at half-time of his side’s weekend draw with Sheffield United.

The 22-year-old was withdrawn at the interval of Spurs’ frustrating 1-1 draw against the Blades, after looking sluggish in the first 45 minutes.

“I’ve had scans that said there was nothing serious, it was more fatigue,he said to L’Equipe.

I reckon Dier will start getting more game time as Mourinho loves having a designated DM in all his teams. I don’t think he’ll be the long term option though. I know a lot of people are wanting back in the fold but lest everyone forget, Dier is very average. He’s slow on the ball and slow in general. I think Mourinho will be looking for a world class DM in summer to complement NDombele and Lo Celso or maybe even Eriksen :pocheyes:

If we win every game from now untill the end of the season and end up with the CL and FA cup double, hand on heart I couldn’t care less what tactics he plays. I have forgotten what it feels like to win with spurs , and still not over the CL loss

I’ll be interested to see who plays DM for Jose but I don’t think Dier is an answer. He doesn’t have that ability to play there anymore. I would be stunned if we do not buy someone a DM in January and if we are getting Luis Campos a French League one seems obvious. I just wonder if it will be like Sangare or Soumare.

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Tanguy Ndombele has clarified that fatigue was the reason he was substituted at half-time of his side’s weekend draw with Sheffield United.

The 22-year-old was withdrawn at the interval of Spurs’ frustrating 1-1 draw against the Blades, after looking sluggish in the first 45 minutes.

“I’ve had scans that said there was nothing serious, it was more fatigue,he said to L’Equipe.
I think the words 22 year old and fatigue should never be seen in the same sentence.

Think Deles days might be numbered under Mou he doesn't like passengers. I expect our midfield to look like this Dier, Ndombele, with Lo Celso behind Kane then Son and Moura either flank
In the training video, the person he seemed the closest to was surprisingly Dele.

Think Deles days might be numbered under Mou he doesn't like passengers. I expect our midfield to look like this Dier, Ndombele, with Lo Celso behind Kane then Son and Moura either flank

Agree, and that is probs an attacking variant.

People forget this is Mourinho.

We are due a whole lot oof draws and 1 goal deficits

In the great win at home (away from home) against Liverpool in 2017 Dele played in a close to DM position and did it great. Wonder with all the offensive talent in this squad if that could be a position for him.

He used to play with Ander Herrera week in week out, I'm sure he'll be fine working with Winks.

Actually think Dele has a better chance of becoming the Herrera for Jose

Dele is hungry to get back to his best form. Jose might ask him to player a deeper role again.

Back
Top Bottom