Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do people really think Levy is trying to sell Rose without Poch's permission?

Poch has wanted Rose gone for a few seasons now. His performances have declined rapidly and he's constantly speaking out in the press. It's not that long ago since his "I know what I'm worth interview".

Ridiculous headline reading his quotes, fair play to him tbh I couldn't care less if he runs his contract down-we have fucked up not selling him when we had the chance to.

And when did we have the chance?

When he was playing his best football 2 to 3 years ago?

That would’ve went over so well

Any time in the last 18 months we could have sold him when his stock was still high enough. Hes 29 now and playing shite, another player on the wane we haven't replaced in time.

He's seeing out his contract, which he's entitled to do. Fans are quick to moan when a players signs a long team contract and then leaves the following year, but this is somebody who will see it out.

Clubs announce about a player committing themselves to the club until x year, when they sign a new contract, so it's only fair that he's given the opportunity to do just that.

Mixed feelings about him. I think he has been putting poor performances in for a long time now, but he was one if not the only one who showed up in the Champions League final for us. I'll always appreciate that.

Getting REALLY fucked off with such comments now.

"Should have sold Rose", "should have sold CE", "should have sold Dele"... "Should have sold Kane" is only just round the corner.....

Meanwhile, selling Walker was "a travesty", "unforgivable", "a return to being a selling club".....

Revisionist, hindsight cunts... Fuck off!

He's seeing out his contract, which he's entitled to do. Fans are quick to moan when a players signs a long team contract and then leaves the following year, but this is somebody who will see it out.

Clubs announce about a player committing themselves to the club until x year, when they sign a new contract, so it's only fair that he's given the opportunity to do just that.
You are right, what else can he do! I know he has given some interviews which he shouldn't but after being at a club for over 12 years, he will be 31 yo in 2021, the club should award him a 1 year or even a 2 year contract.
Grow up Levy.

Mixed feelings about him. I think he has been putting poor performances in for a long time now, but he was one if not the only one who showed up in the Champions League final for us. I'll always appreciate that.
Davies is the same level really and he was given extension.

Naive.... That's not how contracts and trf fees operate beneath the surface(*).... Pretty sure you know this deep down too.

....Otherwise why do clubs typically renew after a year or two of good service?

So much mess with players contracts, never ending. What are the board doing? NFL and rugby and who cares about THFC.
To be honest I don't see the relevance of NFL and Rugby to this situation. You can cater for those without it impacting on the playing squad of the football club.

It reminds me of the kind of comment you see when Spurs tweet about a kit release or some new commercial partnership, where people respond to moan that they should be concentrating on winning games, rather than this other stuff, as if they can't co-exist.

Also, all of these things, commercial partnerships or hosting of other events, actually bring in more revenue that can be funneled towards player recruitment, so it's actually aiding the thing people are whinging about.

As for 'Darling Danny.' (tm)...

Should have never dropped Davies from #1 spot 2 years ago.... Same as Sanchez/Toby last year.... We backed the wrong horse. :(

Neither have performed consistently since.

Naive.... That's not how contracts and trf fees operate beneath the surface(*).... Pretty sure you know this deep down too.

....Otherwise why do clubs typically renew after a year or two of good service?
Why do they renew? To reward good performance, and to tie them down for even longer. They then announce the additional amount of years that the player has committed to. We all know it's bullshit, and that they hope to increase the amount they can get for the player eventually, but it is still a commitment and if they're not prepared for the player to stick around for that length of time then don't tie them down to a contract of that length.

To be honest I don't see the relevance of NFL and Rugby to this situation. You can cater for those without it impacting on the playing squad of the football club.

It reminds me of the kind of comment you see when Spurs tweet about a kit release or some new commercial partnership, where people respond to moan that they should be concentrating on winning games, rather than this other stuff, as if they can't co-exist.

Also, all of these things, commercial partnerships or hosting of other events, actually bring in more revenue that can be funneled towards player recruitment, so it's actually aiding the thing people are whinging about.
Has Levy or Enic told you the "more revenue" will be invested in THFC?

You are right, what else can he do! I know he has given some interviews which he shouldn't but after being at a club for over 12 years, he will be 31 yo in 2021, the club should award him a 1 year or even a 2 year contract.
Grow up Levy.

"Grow up", hrytn....

It's a business, not a charity... You're talking paying millions of pounds to a player deemed surplus to requirments.

Any time in the last 18 months we could have sold him when his stock was still high enough. Hes 29 now and playing shite, another player on the wane we haven't replaced in time.

Wrong. The last real interest was in summer 17 when we also sold Walker.

There wasn’t even a known club, everyone speculated United.

Like I said before, the shit storm that would’ve been here if we sold both fullbacks.

You’re talking out of your arse

Back
Top Bottom