Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His performance for England was no better than recent Spurs performances. He has been responsible for some of the goals conceded but after yesterday it looks more a form problem than him not trying etc. Did not see Eriksen today but he did get an assist. Would be interested to hear if Eriksen's performance for Denmark was better than recent performances for Spurs.

His performance for England was no better than recent Spurs performances. He has been responsible for some of the goals conceded but after yesterday it looks more a form problem than him not trying etc. Did not see Eriksen today but he did get an assist. Would be interested to hear if Eriksen's performance for Denmark was better than recent performances for Spurs.
O course it was, he actually wants to play for Denmark...

I would be playing Ben Davies now, Danny is well past his sell by date (maybe that's the problem). Don't doubt his effort but he's liable to serious errors now.

Got a assist bit it wasn't a great performance from what I saw of the game.

I would be playing Ben Davies now, Danny is well past his sell by date (maybe that's the problem). Don't doubt his effort but he's liable to serious errors now.
Yeah have to agree , shame as Danny was my favourite player a couple of years ago.

Yes mine too, but he went and spoiled it all (for me) when he did that interview. My unconditional love is for THFC only, not any one individual, excluding Mr P of course.

Agree Mrs P.

Im sooo over the media circus and just wish for selection of players that "want" to play for the Club. It does nothing for team moral to be clouded with speculation of who wants out, etc...

Granted, we don't have the depth of the mighty $$$ to pick and chose, but at some point Poch is going to have to address this issue, before it totally derails our season.

Same with Christian, I saw his game for Denmark, and he looked pumped, offered a sublime assist and his overall demeanour very positive. Contrast that with his games at Spurs.

Can’t blame Poch for ruining Davies excellent form when Rose was injured and slagging off the club, by dropping Davies for the big name player.

“Because signings”

What Levy should have done was spent 170M on Marcelo

Very poor performance, and a lot of people noticed his poor attitude.

Got the assist for the winning goal, which looked like either dazzling brilliance or a complete hail-mary.

He even had to go public afterwards and defend that the pass was on purpose.

Very poor performance, and a lot of people noticed his poor attitude.

Got the assist for the winning goal, which looked like either dazzling brilliance or a complete hail-mary.

He even had to go public afterwards and defend that the pass was on purpose.
Based on the above opinion as I did not see the match, then Eriksen is NOT deliberately not trying for Spurs but is more likely unhappy caused by the way various people are treating him including Social Media. A bit like booing your own player does not make a player play better. If he cannot perform for Denmark then he is not going to suddenly start playing better but not ever playing him again deprives the club of the few good things he will do. A sub standard Eriksen is still better than alternatives we have. Until we have a better alternative then he should continue to be picked IF he still trains well and can provide assists like yesterday.
It is up to the Manager to speak to him and try and resolve the situation although it could well be that relationship that is the problem.
Eriksen's position is the same as Hazard last season and Pogba and Zaha this season and they played despite wanting to leave.

I'm going to have to disagree there. A sub standard Eriksen is a liability and I'd rather see less talented players giving everything than a gifted man offering next to nothing.

Agree on Eriksen. He has perhaps the high top of any of our players but also arguably the lowest bottom of any of our main first 11. When he is a good he is bloody good, when he is bad he is proper bad.

I'm going to have to disagree there. A sub standard Eriksen is a liability and I'd rather see less talented players giving everything than a gifted man offering next to nothing.
Exactly a player who gives 100% even though not as good as a player who’s better but only giving 50%! In 90minutes you could benefit.

Lights fuse and stands well back....

Unless I'm missing something, that's a really unfair headline, bordering on misrepresentation.

He doesn't 'vow to run down his contract' as if he wants to punish the team. He vows to stay at Tottenham as long as he feels wanted, which he does at the moment. He clearly says he understands and respects the decision to not offer him another contract and that he'll leave when the manager stops talking to him.

Unless I'm missing something, that's a really unfair headline, bordering on misrepresentation.

He doesn't 'vow to run down his contract' as if he wants to punish the team. He vows to stay at Tottenham as long as he feels wanted, which he does at the moment. He clearly says he understands and respects the decision to not offer him another contract and that he'll leave when the manager stops talking to him.
Oh, so you're posting in here now that I've dug the right thread up...

:dierpochhug:

Oh, so you're posting in here now that I've dug the right thread up...

I like to think that we were both right.

You highlighted the Rose angle and I, with my more inquisitive nature, to say nothing of my superb sense of rhythm, raised the Rose vs Davies question.

What a pickle we're in!

Ridiculous headline reading his quotes, fair play to him tbh I couldn't care less if he runs his contract down-we have fucked up not selling him when we had the chance to.

Back
Top Bottom