West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just saw this at their forum:
"Tiny Totts will turn up for their cup final we can't bothered because they mean nothing to us..

1-3 to them, still doesn't stop their mob being a bunch of flaccid knob jockeys pretending to be contenders.. "

Are they aware that they support West Ham, the team that is notorious for stepping it up only against us, The Scum and Chelsea? Some deluded bunch they are...
I've just had a look, and to be fair, most of the posts are straight forward expressions of anxiety about losing to a Spurs team that isn't playing well. I thought there'd be more bloody minded bile - unfortunately I was disappointed!

One dark night I went out into the back garden and gave my son's deflated football a good old toe-poke. Sadly, it turned out to be a hedgehog.

giphy.gif
Nice footage of Eric Dier on the ball!

(I'm well aware of the definition of the word crisis thanks, but if you apply a little more haste you will realise that's not what I'm debating.....)

You initially said the club had been in crisis mode for months.

Bit of a nonsense when you consider that IF, from a board point of view, we'd reached that "mode" then it would in fact be signalled by the sacking of Poch... As far as I'm aware that hasn't happened yet.

(As I've already noted, I'm well aware that certain fans think we are in a state of crisis, but that wasn't your original claim was it?)

Yes, the club is in crisis mode, maybe you are misinterpreting what I am saying, the club is not the board or the owners, I couldn't frankly care less what Daniel Levy and our owners think, THEY are not the club and judging by the lack of Poch being sacked they certainly aren't in crisis mode, makes me wonder why, what are they seeing that nobody else is?

No, when I refer to the club, I talk about Tottenham Hotspur, the football club, this club is in crisis.

We currently now occupy 14th place and if our current form continues as it has done for the last 6 months (which seems likely considering it has been 6 months and nothing has changed) then we will be heading for a relegation scrap.

Now just imagine this scenario, brand new billion pound plus ground and being relegated to the championship, what do you think is going to happen in that scenario?

People keep saying it isn't going to happen but if you look at our results over the last 6 months that's exactly what's going to happen, we are in relegation form, we might JUST avoid the drop because of how bad the teams below us are, just like we JUST made the top four last season because of how bad the teams below us were but make no mistake, our form is a warning sign, a huge warning sign, that something needs to change and fast.

Just because the owners don't have the foresight to see it coming isn't an indication that we aren't in crisis, as a matter of fact, it's rather alarming that they seem so relaxed about the whole thing, sort of proves that they lack ambition on the football side of things imo.

The reality is, Poch should be gone, the fact he isn't is showing yet again why these owners cannot be trusted with the future of this club outside of keeping a healthy balance sheet (and even that will be at risk if we do go down or results continue the way they are.)

You probably disagree with me and that's fine but that's how I see it mate, I care about this club, I couldn't give a toss about the owners or frankly the manager at this point, I just want to see us successful and not having 6 pointers with West Ham at the bottom of the table when it's completely avoidable, this team on paper should be nowhere near the bottom of the PL.

If we lose this then I’m not sure how much longer poch can hang on for, after the last game even though we didn’t get the result we wanted I am a bit more optimistic as he is playing the new signings, hopefully won’t take us much longer to start clicking as a team and what a game to start with, let’s put together a nice little run now and see where we sit in the league come Christmas!

If we lose this then I’m not sure how much longer poch can hang on for, after the last game even though we didn’t get the result we wanted I am a bit more optimistic as he is playing the new signings, hopefully won’t take us much longer to start clicking as a team and what a game to start with, let’s put together a nice little run now and see where we sit in the league come Christmas!

I admire your optimism mate, I rate you highly as a poster (funny though considering how we started off LOL) but try as I might I can't share your optimism.

Honestly mate I have just given up entirely on Poch at this point, it's going to take a radical change of form to get me back onside, a win against the Spam would be a great start though, beating these absolute cunts would satisfy me greatly.

I admire your optimism mate, I rate you highly as a poster (funny though considering how we started off LOL) but try as I might I can't share your optimism.

Honestly mate I have just given up entirely on Poch at this point, it's going to take a radical change of form to get me back onside, a win against the Spam would be a great start though, beating these absolute cunts would satisfy me greatly.

I just think there is no point worrying about something we have no control over, us as fans hold no sway over levy’s decisions regarding poch, maybe 10 years ago if we stopped going to games it would have proved a point as the stadium would be half empty but now a days if I don’t go there are 1000’s of people wanting to take my seat , modern day football I guess, any how I think January will give us a good indication of whether levy is Poch in or Poch out, but I can’t see him getting sacked unless we actually get relegated , or we are sat in a similar position this time next season

Those cunts will never shut up about getting our manager sacked, should sack him now before the game and get someone else in, is winning the West Ham game really going to change anything realistically? Just seems like we are delaying the inevitable at this point.

I'd say it's the Bayern game since we've been delaying the inevitable.

Possibly me old China.

Depends on how many jellied eels you can eat and how often you 'ave been 'opping down in Kent.
Hate jellied eels but grew up on salt beef sandwiches down Hessel street market and whelks and cockles from Tubby Isaacs. I think they're down in Clacton now.

I consider myself an adopted cockney, as we moved to Stepney when we first came to England. There would have been a very strong wind for the Bow Bells to have been heard in sunny Malta:)
Remember Jubilee St? My granny lived there. My other one on Commercial Rd. Robert Montefiore off Valance Rd was my primary school.

They are symbol to all Cockneys,not just ones born in the east end.
Barts is the closest Hospital to St Mary le bow,and that's where many Islington, Clerkenwell, Finsbury, Bloomsbury, Holborn etc Cockneys, would have been born up until 1969( i think).Mys sister was born in The Whittington, in Highgate Archway(to give the area its full name) Named because that's where Dick Whittington heard Bow Bells saying "Turn again DIck Whittington"...
Worked at the Whittington for a couple of years. I remember a fantastic Indian restaurant on Highgate Hill . I think it was called something like the Bengal lancer. Long time ago. Also further up the hill, a great pub, the vic(toria)

Last edited:
Hate jellied eels but grew up on salt beef sandwiches down Hessel street market and whelks and cockles from Tubby Isaacs. I think they're down in Clacton now.

Jellied eels vile

Salt Beef Yummy Rabins in Soho for me

Cockles and Whelks More vile sea creatures

No pie and mash?

No boiled beef and carrots?

No birth certificate?

Worked at the Whittington for a couple of years. I remember a fantastic Indian restaurant on Highgate Hill . I think it was called something like the Bengal lancer. Long time ago. Also further up the hill, a great pub, the vic(toria)
The Whittington stone pub is not bad, despite having a bad rep,,totally undeserved IMHO.If go into Highgate Village,some lovely old school pubs, bit poncy ,but nice in the Summer and at Christmas

Back
Top Bottom