Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Kane does not receive the best service because eriksen has his mind on barca or real madrid and do not get me started how how bad sissoko and winks are lol.

BUT in all honesty a lot of his goals this season are penalties (atleast 3 or 4) and he has failed to put one past one of the big teams.

He is just slow, not mobile enough, no agility. for me is a pathetic footballer and overrated because he is English. I would take aguero and firmino over him any day. they are way more versatile and allow their other teammates to succeed. Like firmino's passing ranging and movements allows salah and mane the space. Kane is often too immobile in the centre. it just does not work. The win ratio tottenham have without kane in last 2 years is significantly better and it is no coincidence.

The guy is 2nd only to Dixie Dean as the English games most prolific goal scorer. Have a word mate

Are people really turning on Kane? Undisputed best player we have.
Just the 10 goals in 15 appearances, while the team as a whole plays shit. Let's sell him!

So many people taking him for granted. Have the Pochettino years really made them this spoilt?

Sure, sub him off if he's looking tired like he should've been yesterday. But he's our best player, and with Son our only genuine top class player in the squad (maybe Ndombele will reach that level soon too).

Maybe Kane does not receive the best service because eriksen has his mind on barca or real madrid and do not get me started how how bad sissoko and winks are lol.

BUT in all honesty a lot of his goals this season are penalties (atleast 3 or 4) and he has failed to put one past one of the big teams.

He is just slow, not mobile enough, no agility. for me is a pathetic footballer and overrated because he is English. I would take aguero and firmino over him any day. they are way more versatile and allow their other teammates to succeed. Like firmino's passing ranging and movements allows salah and mane the space. Kane is often too immobile in the centre. it just does not work. The win ratio tottenham have without kane in last 2 years is significantly better and it is no coincidence.
Clueless fan boy. Bugger off.

Wtf are you on about? You don't blame the keeper if we're not creating chances and I'm not going to blame Kane for not scoring 2 goals per match in a team that is utterly devoid of ideas. A striker's job is to finish chances, of which Kane is not getting. A creative player's role (Eriksen) is to create chances. It's not difficult but clearly you're too stupid to understand that.

Please, inform us how Kane is going to score without the ball when he's surrounded by 2 CBs at all times.

And invariably the two CBs are kicking lumps out of him and getting away with it
He gets no protection at all

One of the main issues the Spurs are having at the moment is that we're predictable and struggle to find creativity. The teams in the EPL have loads of film/video on how we operate and I think it's gotten to the point where teams have just figured out how to stop us. This is one big reason why I think we've managed to do relatively well in Europe while struggle in the EPL. Teams in the EPL know what we're going to do and figured out the blueprint of how to stop us. European teams haven't done as much homework thus we're able to get away with it somewhat.

Possibly the most accurate thing yet on this forum. We had a plan A, plan A got figured out and no plan B or C existed.

It's like Alderweireld, I said this time last year he was a weakness simply because teams had figured out how to use him as a weakness. He always turned and dropped deep before the rest of the defence and created space behind the other centre halves for players to get in behind the defence. The amount of goals we lost that way and his continued jumping under crosses meant he went from the best in the league to a weakness.

Now he can't even defend properly or run properly.

Are people really turning on Kane? Undisputed best player we have.
I would dispute he is our best player, but some poster saying Kane is a "pathetic footballer" is utter bullshit.

I feel at present Son is our most important and best player. Kane just looks off the boil.

My long standing fear and indeed view on Harry for a while now is that all the ankle injuries have taken their toll and he is now a shadow of the player he was. Rushing him back with indecent haste after each injury before he was ready certainly didn’t help. We had one of the top strikers in the world for a 3 year stretch, but he’s nowhere near those levels currently. Doesn’t help playing in such a clusterfuck of a club but even before this season, he had dipped off in previous two seasons and was a good bit off standard he was at 2014/15 through 2016/17.

Repeated ankle injuries take their toll. Marco Van Basten was retired with persistent ankles injuries at 28.

No matter what Kane's problems are, it looks like Poch is throwing him on the pitch just for the sake of being there and hoping that he will somehow produce something - the CL final is the prime example. Maybe Kane is out of form or has regressed, but it's up to the coach to find a solution for him, whatever that may be.
I agree. I think it's important to remember Kane can't do it all on his own. Well not like he used to anyway.
He's the only player we are use to being great consistently, now, he picks and chooses his moments it seems.
Don't think it's fair to say he picks and chooses. He just can't do it all alone all the time.

I would dispute he is our best player, but some poster saying Kane is a "pathetic footballer" is utter bullshit.

I feel at present Son is our most important and best player. Kane just looks off the boil.
I would agree that Kane has had a dip in the form that we were spoilt with. Son is great but wastes too many chances to get that 'best player' award. He's is right there in the top. IMO Take it easy

I would agree that Kane has had a dip in the form that we were spoilt with. Son is great but wastes too many chances to get that 'best player' award. He's is right there in the top. IMO Take it easy

Son has a knack for scoring goals which is instrumental for us, especially in a time like this. He offers nothing when it comes to defending though and isn't as good as Kane when it comes to passing. I'd say Kane is definitely the superior player if used properly. It's not that I don't rate Son, I just think Kane is better.

I wonder if Harry is being bothered by the fact that he could stay at Spurs for the rest of his career and not win anything. Mentally that is not easy to come to terms with. He just seems utterly miserable and it is showing in his performances

5 years under Poch have come to nothing and now the thought of having to rebuild and how long that is going to take must be concerning Harry

I think Kane will re-evaluate at the end of the season.

It is more than possible he will ask to leave if we do not show signs of progress but for that there are 2 things.

One is that his manager has placed him on a pedestal. The other is that he is expected to play so much and with next to no respite because somewhere in his brain that isn't necessary.

The fans who equally say don't buy another quality striker because they will sit on the bench - fcuk off because you and our manager palpably do not understand capable and competent in terms of a squad of players designed to win trophies.

Last edited:
Son has a knack for scoring goals which is instrumental for us, especially in a time like this. He offers nothing when it comes to defending though and isn't as good as Kane when it comes to passing. I'd say Kane is definitely the superior player if used properly. It's not that I don't rate Son, I just think Kane is better.

i think if you asked defenders who they fear more - i would bet most would say son. actually before the champions league final, when they asked the liverpool defenders who they expected to cause them most trouble, they all collectively said son, including VVD. similar comment after the game.

i think the same could be said today, even more so given son has been getting better and better while kane has been on the decline. i hope it isn't the case but I think kane has peaked physically. unfortunately, peaking early in their careers happens to a lot of athletes.

No matter what Kane's problems are, it looks like Poch is throwing him on the pitch just for the sake of being there and hoping that he will somehow produce something - the CL final is the prime example. Maybe Kane is out of form or has regressed, but it's up to the coach to find a solution for him, whatever that may be.

The game is constantly evolving/changing. With the amount of film/video/data teams have these days, teams can implement a strategy to contain opposing offenses. Opposing teams and individual players do not sit idly wondering why they can't get the best of another team/athlete.

So the issue is that Kane's game has not evolved and/or adapted to the changing dynamics of the game. You'll see a lot of the top athletes in the world change their game up and figure out how to maintain an elite level. As an example, look no further than Ronaldo - up until last year, he was one of the top players of the game despite declining physical abilities. His game has evolved considerably throughout the years thus has consistently been able to play at an elite level. Same thing with Michael Jordan - his game evolved and became a completely different player during his championship run during the latter years of his career.

So the solution? If Kane's game doesn't adapt, the solution is that we should only start Kane when it tactically makes sense. He should not start every game without thought. We need to implement some sort of rotation to keep our offense fresh and unpredictable. Our attack has become too predictable with Kane up front. Opposing defenses have evolved and seemed to have figured out how to contain Kane. If we're able to give opposing teams different looks with different players up front, they're going to think twice when they're going through their own film/training sessions. We have to firepower to execute this.

Needs a rest. End of.

a rest ?? He’s 26 years old..in what should be his physical peak. Lewandowski doesn’t need a rest. And apparently Kane is just as good if not better than him. Harry has lost his desire and he looks like a player who just doesn’t give a shit no more. The lack of effort is disgraceful

a rest ?? He’s 26 years old..in what should be his physical peak. Lewandowski doesn’t need a rest. And apparently Kane is just as good if not better than him. Harry has lost his desire and he looks like a player who just doesn’t give a shit no more. The lack of effort is disgraceful
Kane has never been better than Lewandowski.

Back
Top Bottom