Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Needs a rest. End of.
Yeah, I agree with this. It is also true that his performances are inconsistent and not just in quality but also application. His highs are still just as high so I don't subscribe to the ankle theory (but may in time). We desperately needed another striker this summer.

Rondon.

Yeah, I'm not sure. That is why I asked if it were tactics. To sit back and park the bus perhaps?

I can't imagine the rest of the team sitting back like that (except GLC bless him) if Harry was running amok slide tackling everywhere.

Warnock wouldn't stand for that :D

The game is constantly evolving/changing. With the amount of film/video/data teams have these days, teams can implement a strategy to contain opposing offenses. Opposing teams and individual players do not sit idly wondering why they can't get the best of another team/athlete.

So the issue is that Kane's game has not evolved and/or adapted to the changing dynamics of the game. You'll see a lot of the top athletes in the world change their game up and figure out how to maintain an elite level. As an example, look no further than Ronaldo - up until last year, he was one of the top players of the game despite declining physical abilities. His game has evolved considerably throughout the years thus has consistently been able to play at an elite level. Same thing with Michael Jordan - his game evolved and became a completely different player during his championship run during the latter years of his career.

So the solution? If Kane's game doesn't adapt, the solution is that we should only start Kane when it tactically makes sense. He should not start every game without thought. We need to implement some sort of rotation to keep our offense fresh and unpredictable. Our attack has become too predictable with Kane up front. Opposing defenses have evolved and seemed to have figured out how to contain Kane. If we're able to give opposing teams different looks with different players up front, they're going to think twice when they're going through their own film/training sessions. We have to firepower to execute this.
It's a Tottenham issue not a Kane issue, his performances for England highlight that.

And what's your view on the other 10 Spurs players in that video?
Some were trying, some werent defeding very well etc but compare him to the front players at Mancity or Liverpool. Likes of Salah, Firmino, Sterling etc they work their arses off almost nonstop. Our 'captain' on the other hand sets a poor example of just plodding along waiting for the ball to fall for him. Guess part of the blame lies with Poch for playing him no matter what. (CL final being the main example)

Thing is for England, he knows he can lose his place. At spurs he is the celebrity who can turn up and do whatever and the manager will worship him.
Do you believe that? He is trying for England but doesn't give a toss in our kit.

When he has been missing we have been equally wank.

Embarrassing and hard to watch again. Not just Harry but collectively letting them pass the ball about with all the time in the world. Would love to know if they were actually told to do that

a rest ?? He’s 26 years old..in what should be his physical peak. Lewandowski doesn’t need a rest. And apparently Kane is just as good if not better than him. Harry has lost his desire and he looks like a player who just doesn’t give a shit no more. The lack of effort is disgraceful
I don't think 26 is when you are at your physical peak. More towards 40, but i agree that Kane seems a bit disillusioned these days. Like doing group project work and you are the only one putting the effort in.

a rest ?? He’s 26 years old..in what should be his physical peak. Lewandowski doesn’t need a rest. And apparently Kane is just as good if not better than him. Harry has lost his desire and he looks like a player who just doesn’t give a shit no more. The lack of effort is disgraceful

No hate towards Bundesliga, but it's probably much more physical demanding playing for Spurs in PL than as striker for a team that has 70/30 possession every game and has a winter break. Can only imagine the numbers Kane would get for Bayern

It's the managers job to work out how a team plays to accommodate its assets. Rodgers came to Leicester & rewrote how to use Vardy & it worked . Kane needs a similar treatment. At 26 he should be at his peak but to me he looks frustrated.

Left all his pressing capability on the training pitches.

Come on guys, we all know, a born n bred Spurs fan, at his club, that just reached the Champions League final, has just downed tools? Naaaaaaa

He's a young father, trains to his best ability always (I guess), when training is too hard he is exactly the profile to follow instructions diligently.

Feel pretty sorry for him that he's been ground down by (maybe as little as 1 or 2%) too much physical demands in training schedules, over 4-5years...

Back
Top Bottom