Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He played well on Wednesday, and was unlucky to not score.

Hope he scores today so he can keep up that amazing run of scoring against every PL team. He won’t want to pass us the chance; he’s got two bites with Sheffield United but no guarantees. Better if he does it on the first try.

Obvious physically hes on the decline after so many ankle injuries. His mobility now is piss poor. Doesn't run the channels or in behind, doesn't press and doesn't get himself in the box and drifts into the 10 position

Obvious physically hes on the decline after so many ankle injuries. His mobility now is piss poor. Doesn't run the channels or in behind, doesn't press and doesn't get himself in the box and drifts into the 10 position

A shadow of the player he once was. If we could still get silly money for him, I’d grab it.

Harry: Did someone say England?

giphy.gif

I’d give him rest of the season to see if he’d regain his form but sadly at the moment what you say seems to be true... he’s not ineffective and he does have Son to make up for what he has lost however.

As important as Kane is, I don't think he should be an automatic starter at this point. If he could play anywhere else on the pitch other than striker, than I'd think differently but he can't.

One of the main issues the Spurs are having at the moment is that we're predictable and struggle to find creativity. The teams in the EPL have loads of film/video on how we operate and I think it's gotten to the point where teams have just figured out how to stop us. This is one big reason why I think we've managed to do relatively well in Europe while struggle in the EPL. Teams in the EPL know what we're going to do and figured out the blueprint of how to stop us. European teams haven't done as much homework thus we're able to get away with it somewhat.

Having Kane always start and be our main man up front, our attack becomes more or less predictable. We need to show opposing teams different looks and make them think twice in terms of how they strategize. For instance, why don't we start Son up as the main main up front once in a while and have Lamela, Moura etc. supporting him on the wings? We have the players/talent to show teams that we're just the Harry Kane team and I think this really showed during our run last year w/o Kane. I think Kane could also use breaks/rest so he can hopefully get to 100% fit and get him performing the way we want.

I am seriously doubtful we will ever see the hat trick goal scoring machine that Kane used to be again at this rate.

He has adapted his game, almost become more of a playmaker than a goalscorer, which I think is counterproductive to what he's best at personally, play to his strengths, let him score goals and be selfish, that's what we miss, that ruthless selfish driven Kane.

He has serious competition for his England place as well at this point, personally I feel like the reason he is struggling is due to our tactics because he is so much better for England than he is for us currently.

Our over-reliance on Kane causes performances like today. The man simply can't fire on full cylinder for however many games a season. It's crazy to think he can. Which therefore makes it crazy that he is the only first team quality striker in our squad. We need quality back up and rotation in that position. The powers that be obviously disagree. Love Harry to bits but he was an empty shirt today, however I don't lay the blame at his doorstep for that.

Our over-reliance on Kane causes performances like today. The man simply can't fire on full cylinder for however many games a season. It's crazy to think he can. Which therefore makes it crazy that he is the only first team quality striker in our squad. We need quality back up and rotation in that position. The powers that be obviously disagree. Love Harry to bits but he was an empty shirt today, however I don't lay the blame at his doorstep for that.
Invisible again. Get a good price for him in the summer before he disappears into obscurity

Even if he is declining physically, he has it in him to be a Van Nistelrooy type poacher.

But, our forwards are so poor at the minute he is our best passer. Therefore he is always coming deep as no other cunt can pass.

If Eriksen wasn't so shit, he'd be doing much better.

Strikers have, and always will, need service.

We aren't providing it.

Even if he is declining physically, he has it in him to be a Van Nistelrooy type poacher.

But, our forwards are so poor at the minute he is our best passer. Therefore he is always coming deep as no other cunt can pass.

If Eriksen wasn't so shit, he'd be doing much better.

Strikers have, and always will, need service.

We aren't providing it.
Honestly at the moment he's also very much at fault for our inability to create chances as well.

He can't hold up the ball. He tries to dribble but is like a wet blanket who gets pushed aside and defenders are just bullying him right now. I'm not sure if it's a mental or physical issue but it is the reality.

If he can't dribble, press or hold the ball up he should as you say simply play like RvN and try to poach goals from inside the box, otherwise, time for a rest on the bench for a while.

Maybe Kane does not receive the best service because eriksen has his mind on barca or real madrid and do not get me started how how bad sissoko and winks are lol.

BUT in all honesty a lot of his goals this season are penalties (atleast 3 or 4) and he has failed to put one past one of the big teams.

He is just slow, not mobile enough, no agility. for me is a pathetic footballer and overrated because he is English. I would take aguero and firmino over him any day. they are way more versatile and allow their other teammates to succeed. Like firmino's passing ranging and movements allows salah and mane the space. Kane is often too immobile in the centre. it just does not work. The win ratio tottenham have without kane in last 2 years is significantly better and it is no coincidence.

Maybe Kane does not receive the best service because eriksen has his mind on barca or real madrid and do not get me started how how bad sissoko and winks are lol.

BUT in all honesty a lot of his goals this season are penalties (atleast 3 or 4) and he has failed to put one past one of the big teams.

He is just slow, not mobile enough, no agility. for me is a pathetic footballer and overrated because he is English. I would take aguero and firmino over him any day. they are way more versatile and allow their other teammates to succeed. Like firmino's passing ranging and movements allows salah and mane the space. Kane is often too immobile in the centre. it just does not work. The win ratio tottenham have without kane in last 2 years is significantly better and it is no coincidence.

But our management should have looked at all potential risks and seennhow over reliant we were on Eriksen and how risky it was to be that way. What if he gets injured etc, who could do the job he does and why? We have never had genuine depth or long term competition for him and it has proven to be extremely reckless to do so.

The summer we tried to sign Grealish to me was the summer where I feel the Eriksen departure was set in stone. It was the right move to make but to see us lose out on Lo Celso and Maddison for similar money is a pretty bitter one to swallow. We have struggled since that moment I feel, a little bit of magic and someone telling the others where to go with his passing and one who wants to be at the club all at the same time.

For all the people saying he is not getting the service. Fair point. Our creative play needs to improve.

But Kane used to be able to create his own chances. He used to be able to fire off shots on goal snappily, He used to be a threat when isolated with defenders. He was never rapid but he used to be able to turn away from a tight marker. But these days he is getting by games without threatening the goalkeeper. And he deviates either from playing too deep trying to be a number 10 or playing as a total goalhanger who goes 20 minutes without touching the ball.

Back
Top Bottom