Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
I think Mourinho is a terrible idea, I don't think he will / can cope with terrible attitudes.

Even if you think they are worse than Pogba (I don't), he still had a rubbish attitude and Mourinho could do squat about it. He did bully Shaw, if he comes in maybe he will do the same with KWP because he doesn't take on the big players.
He wanted Martial and Rashford to play out wide and think more about stopping the opposing fullbacks getting forward than creating or scoring themselves.
Kept telling everyone his squad was mostly shit and he couldn’t play attacking football as his CDMs and CBs weren’t good enough.
No thanks.

He wanted Martial and Rashford to play out wide and think more about stopping the opposing fullbacks getting forward than creating or scoring themselves.
Kept telling everyone his squad was mostly shit and he couldn’t play attacking football as his CDMs and CBs weren’t good enough.
No thanks.
Spent 70m and kept on banging on about not being allowed any money.... Etc.

Spent 70m and kept on banging on about not being allowed any money.... Etc.

He was a circus act in his last years as a coach. That undoubtedly affected the way his players performed and his game planning. I don't think he can rediscover his former self, and even so, I'd still prefer a different coach.

He was a circus act in his last years as a coach. That undoubtedly affected the way his players performed and his game planning. I don't think he can rediscover his former self, and even so, I'd still prefer a different coach.
Not sure who it was, but after he left United someone said he needs to go away and re-invent himself then take on a new challenge.
I doubt he will though.

On the plus side Mourinho knows how to win.

On the negative side, the way to win is often by buying the best players.

Mourinho guided an awful United squad to a 2nd place spot in the EPL and a Europa League title. He was quite open that they players weren't good enough to achieve more.

The argument that he doesn't promote youth is debatable. Didn't he give Rashford and Mctominay their breaks at United?

I can't see him working well with Levy, and becoming frustrated when he is unable to upgrade players. In saying that, I would have no doubt that if he took over for 2 or 3 seasons; we would win a domestic and possibly a European trophy.

Yes, enough of charlatans and frauds like Poch.

Get in a proven winner and change the flimsy, weak mentality of our players. Once we have that steel, the managers can come and go (Chelsea) and we will still be winners.

The downfall of Chelsea has been a continuous prediction that never fucking happened. What happened instead is Spurs' continuous failure. The Poch experiment has run its course. The players carried him. Time to go.

Mourinho: sacked twice by Chelsea, sacked by United, forced out of Madrid is who you people are opening your legs for? Seek God

You people have watched the squad decline for months yet you think our performances will improve under Jose who’s notoriously toxic, falls out with his players and the board at every club he’s been at over the last decade.

In addition to the football being dreadful, this is a coach who’s happy to throw his players under the boss. Do you think that is an environment conducive to good performances for players?

You people watched Jose spend 400m, not achieve his objectives, play negative football, fall out with players, insult fans argue the board hasn’t backed him, try and sell his teams top talent & replace with over the hill players, spend 92m on matic & Fred & YOU still want him ?

Mourinho: sacked twice by Chelsea, sacked by United, forced out of Madrid is who you people are opening your legs for? Seek God

You people have watched the squad decline for months yet you think our performances will improve under Jose who’s notoriously toxic, falls out with his players and the board at every club he’s been at over the last decade.

In addition to the football being dreadful, this is a coach who’s happy to throw his players under the boss. Do you think that is an environment conducive to good performances for players?

You people watched Jose spend 400m, not achieve his objectives, play negative football, fall out with players, insult fans argue the board hasn’t backed him, try and sell his teams top talent & replace with over the hill players, spend 92m on matic & Fred & YOU still want him ?

I don't think anybody is particularly excited by Mourinho, he has become too sour in recent years although he is still capable of delivering trophies. They just want a manager who is tough, who will react when his team is in horrible form and not just keep doing the same things. A manager who can be ruthless and pragmatic.

The thing with "winning" managers is that they hate to lose, nothing in life is worse than losing football games to them. Wenger, Mancini, Conte, Klopp, Mou, Ferguson, Pep, Simeone, Van Gaal, the reason they have had so many rants and meltdowns over the years is because they fucking hate losing. If you looked at Poch's interviews and body language this season you'd think we were ticking over nicely in 3rd place, it's as if nothing is wrong. Eriksen and Rose are still playing, he's saying he won't make signings and that we we only "need time", it's like bizzarro world. We don't need time, we need wins. If we had one of those other managers in charge they would be foaming at the mouth.

Don't get me wrong, there are winning managers with a more Poch-like mentality and serene demeanour, like Allegri, Emery and Ancelotti, but they are much rarer. They also have trophies under their belt so nobody can question their attitude. Poch doesn't have anything under his belt and if I'm honest, takes losing matches too well. I want a manager who is a bad loser.

Poch still has this attitude of "lads, it's Tottenham" which is reflected in everything he does. "You can't compare us to Liverpool, you don't understand our project, we need time". No. We have been above Liverpool for almost every one of the last 10 seasons and just played a CL final against them. You absolutely can compare us to them and we don't need more time. The problem now is him, the other stuff stopped being true 5 years ago. Compare Liverpool's starting XI last night to the team we put out against Colchester, do not tell me we cannot compete with Liverpool, that is utter hog shit. We just have a manager who is not quite tough enough and not quite brave enough to win decisive matches.

To the people saying they don't want Mourinho, fair enough.

But name me another manager who is a proven winner (i.e has won league and CL titles) that we could realistically get when Poch inevitably falls on his sword at some point this season?

The only one I can think of is Benitez

To the people saying they don't want Mourinho, fair enough.

But name me another manager who is a proven winner (i.e has won league and CL titles) that we could realistically get when Poch inevitably falls on his sword at some point this season?

The only one I can think of is Benitez

Allegri and Mou are both waiting for the phone to ring. It's essentially a race between us, Woolwich and United. Who is going to be brave enough to sack their manager and call Allegri first and who is going to regret waiting and having to settle for Mou?

Back
Top Bottom