Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You happy for us to continue with a manager who hasn't managed an away win since late Jan/Feb then

A manager who has 4 wins in about 15 games this season and a manager that has lost over half of his matches in 2019 if not more by now

And if so. For how long ?
No, so let's get Ranieri in... he won the league with a little fucking BELL!
imagine the self entitled uproar if we got him... or BRENDAN ROGERS in!!

Just imagine!!

Or do you want someone more 'Rock n Roll' like Ancelotti, or Pep, or Klopp ... 'cos I'm sure they'll be more than happy to swap their menial day jobs and come to Spurs, won't they?

I used to love Eriksen, thought he always improved the team, even when he wasn't at his best.
Not any more.
I wouldn't play him again unless he signs a new contract.

No, so let's get Ranieri in... he won the league with a little fucking BELL!
imagine the self entitled uproar if we got him... or BRENDAN ROGERS in!!

Just imagine!!

Or do you want someone more 'Rock n Roll' like Ancelotti, or Pep, Klopp ... 'cos I'm sure they'll be more than happy to come to Spurs, won't they?
I want someone that might win us the odd football match now and then

Me and my crazy ideas

right have to rant a bit:
was so clear when le celso and ndombele came on they are far better

not all negative but need to vent

Eriksen, Aurier and Rose need to go
Alli needs to be dropped...again
Winks, although better than those above probably shouldn't start, if im being brutally honest, his just a bit of a shit dembelle

The rest are all okay, swap that lot out for lamela - Eriksen, ndombele - Winks, Le Cleso - Alli, Fouth - Aurier and Davies (Sess when fit) - Rose => and we have a decent X11

why Poch isnt starting these players I dont know, trying to transition to the future, so lets take a risk and stop going with oldguar, guess injuries have prevented this but Eriksen is madness - should not be playing

- Eriksen is to weak, too slow, and doesnt care naywhere near as much as he did before
- Aurier needs to fuck off, cant slide tackle for shit, not even mentioning the pen, his positioning is fucking horrendous
- Unless Alli picks up his form he shouldnt play, even at the best of times he is too slow on the ball - if he had pace and passed the ball a bit faster he would be quality but his just too slugish as everything he does, when his not in perfect form his largely crap unfortunately
- although i like winks, his just doesnt quite cut it, too many touches, not as bad as others tho
- Danny rose, full commitment and still offers the team something but he just isnt good enough, the main problems with him are he can no longer cross the ball for shit, passing accuracy is terrible and his positioning at times can be dreadful. That combined with him loosing a yard of pace every year for the past few seasons just increases the problem

So as we all know,

Dele - terrible. Nowhere near PL standard. Absolutely cannot be anywhere our first team at the moment.
Eriksen - ditto. maybe its head turned. whatever, don't care, brings absolutely nothing to the party. Thank for memories now fuck off.
RB - i doubt Foyth is the answer but Sissoko might do until we spend big to land one in January.
Rose - I fucking love what you have given to this club but the gig is up. Off you go mate with my best wishes - but you are going.

Thing is though, we all knew this, everyone knows this, yet this is the team that Poch chooses to go with. Thats' on him and I personally think he's trying to be too clever by half now. Seems simple to me, choose a system, play your best players. He is definitely not doing that at the moment. (And i absolutely do not buy the bullshit about 18 months needed to bed players in. If you need that long you are not a top manager sorry. ) I love Poch and will never join Poch Out calls but what the fuck is he playing at?

It’s sad to see a whole game gone with no desire to play football. That comes from Poch.

That goal, albeit needed, didn’t help the game plan coming down from Poch. Without that goal, I see us attempting to squeeze them a bit more and not allowing them to just ping balls around. But nope, we immediately fell back and hoped to soak up nearly 90 minutes of pressure.

It was the wrong game plan to just sit. It was the wrong game plan to start dissenters. It has been a very long patch of play were we have lacked a clear identity. We don’t currently have one and that is a deep issue to figure out. Change comes from top down in our world and Poch missed his chance to make that change. I am losing trust in the state of his mentality as a manager. No balls.

We are now a counter attacking team. We don’t use the counter as part of the press, like the big clubs. We sit deep, win the ball deep, and try to counter using 50 yard bursts. We do this even against bottom half teams. Today we were so deep, Pool essentially walked up to 30 yards out and then just picked passes.

Son was great today, thought N’Dombele looked amazing when he was on. Crap result but seen us play a lot worse. 4 points off 5th. We’ll get there!
Sorry to be 'glass half empty man' but we're only 4 points off relegation zone. To be fair 2-1 away at Anfield I could live with but we yet again squandered a lead, we had enough chances to go 2-0 up and then because we can't hold on to a lead and because our manager can't see when substitutes are needed and where, and because he continues to play players who are so badly out of form (or who don't give a damn but I would prefer not to believe that).
We could have won that with the right commitment from Eriksen and Deli but it seemed at times like we were playing 9 against 11. I'm not happy.

Eriksen was useless, played his part in the Liverpool second goal. Rose isn’t good enough anymore.
Ndombele was our best player after Gazzaniga, he played a third of the game!

Poch got the subs wrong again. Should have kept Winks on and bought Ndombele on for Alli. Lo Celso should have been on a lot earlier.
The only slight disagreement for me would Rose. Good enough but legs gone. Cannot last 90 mins. Other than that , yup spot on

The bin dippers will never win the title this year, thoroughly overated, spoony penalties are rescuing them every game.

Eriksen is an absolute fucking disgrace and I never want to see his face again. Ndombele and Lo Celso genuinely turned us into a different team, incisive forward passes and dribbling.

never expected anything from this game but very disappointed after the final whistle, not only with the wimpy strategy we employed but also because Liverpool were there to beat today
Was I watching a different game? We got dominated mate and didn’t have a single shot on target from out goal up til their penalty. We played like cowards and only woke up after they went ahead, but let’s not pretend Liverpool were not always going to win that. I knew instantly we were losing that once we conceded the first.

Back
Top Bottom