Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The bin dippers will never win the title this year, thoroughly overated, spoony penalties are rescuing them every game.

Eriksen is an absolute fucking disgrace and I never want to see his face again. Ndombele and Lo Celso genuinely turned us into a different team, incisive forward passes and dribbling.

never expected anything from this game but very disappointed after the final whistle, not only with the wimpy strategy we employed but also because Liverpool were there to beat today

He wasn’t on his arse that’s why he he was able to get in that position, Aurier pisses me off but that was beyond harsh, the ref’s Anfield credentials have been boosted
I agree it was harsh, but a quality player knocks that 5 yards away from goal, keep yourself between ball and player and then assesses if you want to carry it or get rid, all Aurier wanted to do was hack it away blindly from the very second he won the ball...he’s just a horrible all round footballer.

The blame should not be on Rose and Eriksen for this match. Rose played well and fought. Eriksen didn’t provide anything offensively but was all over the place defensively.
Dele was horrible. Winks wasn’t great. Not playing NDombele until 25 mins to go is awful. This team needs a shake up

How the fuck does Poch identify the need to drop Eriksen who has been a top tier bitchass in the last 12 months only to reintroduce him today and allow him to perform like an absolute waster for 87minutes? The guy doesn't give a fuck about our club anymore and should fuck off to the reserves.

Feel for Gaz
Does EVERYTHING he can to save us, and the manager invites the tactical tidal wave and he ends up on the losing team.
Sick of this system. Poch Out, now
I have noticed that a great many on this thread agree with the view a few of us had earlier in the year.
Poch has to be replaced.
“Sometimes you need luck”
“This is football”
“We need to work hard”
Poch bot presser
Genuine question... who do you want instead?

I reckon Unai Emery will be looking for work soon.... worth a punt?

Or do people REALLY wanna be seduced by the moody Portugese silver fox himself?

I know it's Liverpool away, I know it's a tough game and I know the players worked their arses off first half (BAR Eriksen.)

But regardless of that, we are now considered a mid-table team again, with a better manager we would be higher up the table, we are so far off the top four right now, let alone the title, Liverpool are leaps and bounds ahead of us.

Poch is far too stubborn and stuck in his ways to change at this point, giving players like Lo Celso barely any playing time because he cares more about fitness and bedding players in than he does about the quality on the pitch and there is no way anybody can tell me Eriksen is better than Lo Celso currently.

Eriksen should never wear a spurs shirt again as far as I am concerned either.

For me, today was the point at which I realised we are not going to improve again under Poch and he needs to go, you can't criticise the players today because they worked their arses off, the only ones that didn't are the ones that Poch seems to keep sticking with regardless.

Poch out.

The result. As expected. The performance. As expected. The excuses. Will be as expected.

“Bounce Back”. “Stick together” “turning the corner” etc etc

= Everton 2 Tottenham 1.......

today was a mirror image of City and Arse away. No control on the game. Too much pressure on the back line and zero pressure of the midfield. Ndombele is quality and must be wondering how the hell he ended up at a team hell bent on battling Bournemouth for the top ten.

no diamond today. But no real idea either.

Only Sky can make a player that DIVED for a wrongful penalty as his only contribution as man-of-the-match when it was obvious Gazzanigga truly was.

Referee defeated Spurs in the end and some so-called fans on this forum should see what the players have to SUFFER every week!!
The ref was NOT the reason we lost. Complete bollocks to suggest that was the reason.

We lost due to a shit team selection, a crap formation, shit tactics and no idea what to do when things needed changing. Poch is the reason we lost.

Not as bad as i thought, if we had played Our subs earlier think we would have won, not sure why we had to wait till we were losing to bring on Ndombele ?
never an easy game there but we gifted them the 3 points today

I have no idea what he will say but anybody who still thinks he should be our manager look at this performance and listen to his explanation of why we lost. If it makes sense then fair enough continue to give him your support but it will be his usual load of utter tosh.
We go to defcon 3, lose to Everton next week and decisions need to be made.

Back
Top Bottom