Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But what happens when a franchise does happen and that franchise has an NFL schedule to honour?
We move our game. That’s obvious. Anchor tenants. The game’s gone. I thought with all the parsimony over the last 10 years we’d at least be the landlord. And we’re shit at home anyway.

Last edited:
P

I’m not worried - it’s a silly thing to worry about, but they didn’t build that NFL pitch as an afterthought.
The point we've made though, is even if it becomes a franchise or whatever, it can never surpass Tottenham Hotspur at WHL.

I mean, they've gone so far down the rabbit hole that they've had to concoct stuff like the NFL becoming worldwide and having a fixture list like the Prem to justify their absolute nonsense.

Which all started as John trying to imagine another stick to bet ENIC with.

This is what happens when agendas run away with you.

Made to look so foolish when people like BF3 who actually know the subject they are waffling about correct them.

The point we've made though, is even if it becomes a franchise or whatever, it can never surpass Tottenham Hotspur at WHL.

I mean, they've gone so far down the rabbit hole that they've had to concoct stuff like the NFL becoming worldwide and having a fixture list like the Prem to justify their absolute nonsense.

Made to look so foolish when people like BF3 who actually know the subject they are waffling about correct them.
I don’t have an agenda Schmoods, but anything that dilutes the football, dilutes the football. By all accounts it’s happened already. I wouldn’t know mate. My place has been taken by someone on holiday - and that’s fine.

Who’s they exactly? Are we sharing our ground with NFL teams or aren’t we? I can see why, but I don’t have to embrace it.

Well at least the balance sheet's going to look well even if the wheels are wobbling.
giphy.gif

Apparently they are aiming for 25 non football events per year at the stadium so you could argue that it isn't primarily a football ground

A lot of the argument last night seemed to be about semantics about what a multi purpose stadium is and the word primarily.

Ive actually changed my mind on this. I now think the levy haters have a point. They are saying that ENIC will take the money from the events. I think they may be right.

ENIC invest 1bn quid in the stadium. If we put on 25 events a year. That is a huge operation and alot of hassle. There is no way that all the profits would go to Spurs to buy new player. That money is going straight to uncle Joe.

John, Hood and fluffer who are insistent White Hart Lane's primary usage isn't football.

That's the level of ridiculousness we've reached.
Well in defence of those people the words from the ENIC hierarchy would suggest otherwise. I think the phrase ‘anchor tenants’ came from them. I don’t blame people for picking up on that. And to run with the question of fixture clashes, who do you think would take the hit? We both know it would be the football team. Ours, that is.

You see? I even have to qualify my comments even at this stage. Football? Fucking hell.

Back
Top Bottom