Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahaha this is fucking humiliating.

You've even written the sentence "primarily just a football stadium" lolz.

How will it be primarily a football stadium?

Because even with a franchise, the most the stadium can be used for for American Football is 8-10 weeks whilst the Football will be played July through to May with 3 times as many events.

When something is used 11 months out of the year, with triple as many events compared to 2, the thing used for 11 months is its PRIMARY usage.

You complete div.

You think primarily equates to just, and that is absolutely hilarious.

Wonderful logic - so this is about usage.

The NFL are looking to expand and establish a number of franchises across the globe. That will increase the number of fixtures especially if there European franchises come to pass.

What happens if their fixture list grows larger
than ours? The PL isnt looking to expand its roster - the NFL is.

Does the stadium then primarily become an American football stadium? Spurs would become secondary under your logic right?

Just had a quick look and seen this, posted 19th April 2019

Social Following
Facebook 10 million
Instagram 3.8 million
Twitter 3.2 million

Our current numbers are:

Social Following:
Facebook 12 million
Instagram 6 million
Twitter 3.8 million

Unless I've got it all wrong, in the space of just over 5 months (25 weeks actually), our numbers have supposedly risen by:

Facebook - 2 million more followers, a 16.7% rise
Instagram - 2.2m more followers, a 36.7% rise
Twitter - 0.6m more followers, a 15.8% rise

That works out to an average of 23.1% increase across all social media platforms in less than half a year. I know it's only social media but to see your followers grow by literally just under a quarter online at least shows a far larger awareness of us as a football club.

If people like it or not, these kind of things do make a difference when pushing our team to bigger and better things. I know we can't take social media numbers as being completely accurate but across all 3 an average increase of 23.1% in just over 5 months/ 25 weeks is impressive regardless. It gives a quick snapshot and one that looks very promising in the early stages of being at the new gaff. These numbers will continue to grow the more we dip into the Asian & American markets like we have been over the past couple of years, it'll only add value to the club and it's reputation.

At a guess I'd say it was the exposure of reaching a CL final rather than a stadium that pushed those numbers.

Bit sad that someone clicking a button on a social media platform counts as success these days, I have a doormant Facebook account somewhere in the universe that likes all manor of shit that I reasonated with for about 5 minutes and never bothered to reverse.

Half these cunts that follow Spurs on Twitter probably follow loads of football teams , I realise that's how it is these days and that helps drive sponsorship etc but for me some fat American wanker watching NFL being played in London whilst stuffing hotdogs into his fat fucking face who then clicks like on Tottenham Hotspur because he hears the Tottenham Hotspur stadium being mentioned before promptly forgetting our existence because he got ketchup on his shirt is highly unpalatable, these people aren't fans they're just wankers.

Last edited:
No what you are arguing is that Tottenham Hotpur will remain the primary tenant and that this is a continuation of past involvements when it reality it will cease to be that the moment a NFL franchise becomes established there. Learn the difference.

No you suggested that this was comparable to boxing, baseball and NFL being previously played at WHL - that this was a continuation of before and that most stadiums were multi purpose. The reality is actually completely different because most stadiums cannot convert directly into another sporting venue because unlike ours they weren't designed for that. Keep trying.

It does so in the mind of that audience - if their exposure to that venue is with the NFL and via an NFL franchise being based, why would they associate it with anything else?

Strawman ahoy! No I don't believe that which is why I didn't suggest it- what I was referencing is the North American market which comprises of that figure but keeping going.

Market it to who exactly? If this is so integral to the branding of the football club why are they looking to securing a sponsorship deal?

Ol' Spursdem taking a right batterin' last night then

giphy.gif

The NFL are looking to expand and establish a number of franchises across the globe. That will increase the number of fixtures especially if there European franchises come to pass.

Does the stadium then primarily become an American football stadium? Spurs would become secondary under your logic right?
You need to understand the NFL more if you wish to use it as an an example, whilst it is conceivable the NFL will expand from 32 - 36 teams it wouldn't change the number of games played by each team ... Once 36 teams are active then teams play six games in-division plus (half) four of the eight remaining in-conference teams and one fourth (third, if jumping to 18 game schedules) of out of conference teams. Each of these ratios is identical to the current standards.

Even if a franchise arrived in London and the NFL expanded to 36 teams to accommodate that it would still mean a maximum 16/18 regular season games just 8/9 at the Tottenham Stadium, the post season a further 2 home games are possible. So an absolute maximum of 11 games per season and 660,000 fans

The football team plays at home three times more than that with close to 2,000,000 paying fans.

It's quite likely that our women's team will play at the stadium more than an NFL team.

Even with a full NFL franchise (which is years away at best) the stadium would still be primarily a football stadium with the NFL as permanent lodgers, no amount of banners, lasers, cheerleaders, and rugby players in padding will ever change that ...

Last edited:

3mLydMU.png

The NFL are not looking to establish a number of franchises around the globe - the only team mooted for outside of North America is London. The purpose of the London games is to extend the NFL's global reach and create new fans, which works perfectly for Spurs who are trying to do exactly the same thing! More reach + more fans = more money!

As mentioned by others, the NFL is fairly limited in how many fixtures they can have. Currently, they're planning on removing 2 preseason matches and making it an 18 game season. It's a brutal sport - injuries, especially concussion, are a huge concern so it's highly unlikely they'd ever be able to add more matches to a season. On top of that, it's highly probable that a London team would actually only base themselves in London during the season, i.e., the off season would be spent back in America because the players would want to be closer to family. In total, you're talking about a team that rents the stadium for fewer than 11 matches over 4-5 months and who probably would only spend a grand total of 60 days in the city per year. If Saracens decide they want to rent the stadium several times a year for big matches does that make it a rugby stadium? If the Pope wanted to hold mass there would that make it a church?

How can you possibly think that they would supersede Spurs in their own home - a ground that will always be associated, first and foremost, with football? And how can you think the entire stadium was built specifically for NFL?

No what you are arguing is that Tottenham Hotpur will remain the primary tenant and that this is a continuation of past involvements when it reality it will cease to be that the moment a NFL franchise becomes established there. Learn the difference.

No you suggested that this was comparable to boxing, baseball and NFL being previously played at WHL - that this was a continuation of before and that most stadiums were multi purpose. The reality is actually completely different because most stadiums cannot convert directly into another sporting venue because unlike ours they weren't designed for that. Keep trying.

It does so in the mind of that audience - if their exposure to that venue is with the NFL and via an NFL franchise being based, why would they associate it with anything else?

Strawman ahoy! No I don't believe that which is why I didn't suggest it- what I was referencing is the North American market which comprises of that figure but keeping going.

Market it to who exactly? If this is so integral to the branding of the football club why are they looking to securing a sponsorship deal?
Hood won that battle convincingly. Spursdem performing like Tottenham at the moment. Has he gone stale? Is he at odds with himself? Did he believe his own self created hype too much? Is it time he moved on?

3mLydMU.png

The NFL are not looking to establish a number of franchises around the globe - the only team mooted for outside of North America is London. The purpose of the London games is to extend the NFL's global reach and create new fans, which works perfectly for Spurs who are trying to do exactly the same thing! More reach + more fans = more money!

As mentioned by others, the NFL is fairly limited in how many fixtures they can have. Currently, they're planning on removing 2 preseason matches and making it an 18 game season. It's a brutal sport - injuries, especially concussion, are a huge concern so it's highly unlikely they'd ever be able to add more matches to a season. On top of that, it's highly probable that a London team would actually only base themselves in London during the season, i.e., the off season would be spent back in America because the players would want to be closer to family. In total, you're talking about a team that rents the stadium for fewer than 11 matches over 4-5 months and who probably would only spend a grand total of 60 days in the city per year. If Saracens decide they want to rent the stadium several times a year for big matches does that make it a rugby stadium? If the Pope wanted to hold mass there would that make it a church?

How can you possibly think that they would supersede Spurs in their own home - a ground that will always be associated, first and foremost, with football? And how can you think the entire stadium was built specifically for NFL?
But say they wanted a few more games played at our stadium than our football team does. Surely if we are all about pimping ourselves out to whoever will pay, we should take this deal? Or are we know saying income doesn't come first now & that standards are more important.

Nailed it.
The outstanding debt, which is expected to inolve a low interest 30 year repayment term, could be levied against the football club or any susidiary of it, which may or may not include any future subsidiaries, either purchased or in association with Tottenham Hotspur Ltd through the majority shareholder, ENIC international Ltd.
This could well include a permanent UK based NFL franchise. Likewise, at a later date, Tottenham Hotspur Ltd could be sold regardless of wether the banking arrangements are still levied against the foorball club.
In short, ENIC own the stadium, and are currently responsible for the repayment agreements, and they own Tottenham Hotspur Ltd.
The new naming rights deal, together with the probable NFL franchise, means any future relationship between Tottenham Hotspur, the stadium and the debt is completely unpredictable and open to conjecture
It’s clear your knowledge on any of this is non existent

Last edited:
WINTER NFL IS COMING

:bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley::bentley:

TAKE YOUR MAN CITY-ESQUE MONEY AND SHOVE IT!!!!

WE ONLY TAKE RUBLES!!
WE ONLY TAKE DIRHAM!!

SORRY SIR YOUR CLEAN SPORTS GENERATED LEGAL DOLLARS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!!!!!

But say they wanted a few more games played at our stadium than our football team does. Surely if we are all about pimping ourselves out to whoever will pay, we should take this deal? Or are we know saying income doesn't come first now & that standards are more important.
8 home game regular season. then its down to seeding. if an NFL team plays the HOF game, reaches the suprbowl and plays the usual 4 preseason games, then they max at 25 games.
I think its fair to remove the HOF and Superbowl. if they ever get played away from the USA there would be uproar. remove the 8 away regular season games. fair to assume that 2 of the preason games would be away from home.IF thre was a london franchise, your looking at between 8 and 12 games. most likely 8, because unless they are forced to, i dont see the top top players coming to London, so it would be a rare year that they make the play offs, so its likely to be 10 (inl preason games)

we get a minimum 18, assuming no European football, no home pre season games, and no home draws in the domestic cups.

I suppose if they manage to get Adele to do a 10 night residency there, itll be a primarily a concert venue?

[/

Ol' Spursdem taking a right batterin' last night then

giphy.gif
Johnny boy, I know your ego is precious to you that you need to lie to yourself to think you've come out on top.

But SputsIdol tore you and Hood to absolute ribbons.

Absolutely brutalised everything you said with evidence and facts. All backing up what I said.

Just take your L and come again later. The only dude that gave you a pos rep is your fluffer. Whilst I and SputsIdol are drowning in them.

You lost this one. It's not even a discussion.

3mLydMU.png

Hahahaah Hood is getting absolutely brutalised.

John and the fluffer trying desperately to pat each other on the back.

Absolute domination.

People just can't admit they are wrong.

Apparently they are aiming for 25 non football events per year at the stadium so you could argue that it isn't primarily a football ground

A lot of the argument last night seemed to be about semantics about what a multi purpose stadium is and the word primarily.

The Hood was quite right to point out that it's ridiculous to compare White Hart Lane and the Tottenham Stadium as like for like multi purpose venues, the Tottenham Hotspur stadium IS an NFL stadium built purposely for that specific goal it's also a football stadium, White Hart Lane was a football stadium built for football that occasionally hosted ad hoc events, Spursdem was right to call bullshit on the part about Spurs not being the main event at the new stadium they always will be regardless of what else happens in the stadium.

If an NFL franchise (hate that word) does move in permanently the word primarily is a pointless discussion, the stadium is home to 2 teams and as long as they don't clash who gives a shit about which one is supposed to have the bigger dick?

Now scheduling doesn't really matter because I suppose we can get any game that fits Tottenham's schedule, "let's do The Chicago Pansies vs The Alabama Aholes on that date it's international break and the Aholes haven't played there yet" But what happens when a franchise does happen and that franchise has an NFL schedule to honour? The potential for schedule clashes surely exists?

Back
Top Bottom