Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
This season I’m in the camp of hunger over talent.
Unfortunately our most talented players aren’t performing and I don’t see Poch being able to change that.

But whether those kids can actually hack it at the very top level is another thing altogether.
I'd rather cheer them on for trying than bemoan players like Eriksen for simply switching off. If we do go down the league table this season let's at least do it kicking and scratching rather than with a whimper and a shrug of the shoulders.

Imo Poch can help himself by dropping the diamond, good to try perhaps, but Poch needs to change to a different formation. And Poch could play more youth etc But those are details for Poch to decide on - and only if Poch doesn't get results (however judged) is Poch not wanted at Spurs. Unless at some stage Poch decided he wants a change.
The whole crux of the problem are in those four words of your post and unfortunately he won't change which is why we find ourselves in here discussing the same problems over and over.

I aint wasting my weekend providing you with your Sunday morning wanking material. Get your own man.
Fair enough. Some people want Poch out. I get that.
But at least they acknowledge what he's achieved, and he's achieved it on an uneven playing field.
You hate this club Sammy. You hate the players and the manager so much any reasonable argument is rendered worthless.

But you’re happy to waste it replying that you will not reply....

Our squad is no worse than anyone in the PL bar City and the fact you cannot (not “will not” John) name a better one, bar City, shows that your view that Poch hasn’t been backed is completely fake.

You jumped on the press bandwagon instead of doing some simple thinking for yourself.

Nobody has the guts to try and tell me that Liverpool has a better squad, man for man.
Yet they all want to spout shit about Klopp was backed but Poch wasn’t.

Let’s look at the players you wanted over the last few years then shall we?

Shaw
Berahino
Schniderlin
Bony
Zaha
Barkley
Martial
Next fucking level indeed

Now don’t forget:
Sessengon (oops)
Ndombele (awkward)
Sissoko (not backed John? You almost wanked Levy off for the signing)
Lo Celso (doh!)
Aurier (you haven’t thought this through have you)

And the players you demanded were not sold at any price:
Walker (yay! You got one)
Kane (still here)
Eriksen (still here)
Dele (still here)
Toby (still here)
Son (still here)
Rose (still here)

And the manager you said should be given a pay rise:
Poch (still here and 5th best paid manager in Europe)

Not backed John?
Please explain.....and tell me how signing Bony for 30M in 2014 would have been been better than bringing through Kane.

Fucking dick.

You will never speak for me, because you are neither articulate enough nor possess the wit, intelligence, knowledge, experience or understanding to do so.
All you can do is to post things I haven't said, and then attempt to ridicule me for it.
Dream on bonehead

You’re a cunt.

Not a witty, clever, experienced or knowledgeable comment, but none the less true.

:dembelefingers:

Haven’t even put the prices in yet, and consider that the worst ones we are talking about when 30M was our more than our record signing.

25M for Berahino he wanted levy to just pay up....50M for Schniderlin and Barkley they demanded, 70M for Zaha or Martial.

They demanded absolute trash, for record fees, then claim Poch has been shat on with BETTER players.

The whole crux of the problem are in those four words of your post and unfortunately he won't change which is why we find ourselves in here discussing the same problems over and over.

If Results don't change and we don't get to (say top 4 or ,6 this season - whatever criteria) then Poch will not be here next season.

But based upon results over the last ,5 years I think Levy will give him the rest of the season to show that Poch can turn things around.

Levy's only other option is to bring in another manager with no more guarantee of immediate success from the same pool of players - and that's why a change won't happen immediately.

Just my opinion based upon my interpretation of Levy's business logic !

This year could be different - the scrapping of the European Cup-Tied rule might mean that there are higher quality players transferring.
Why would you wait for January for new players instead of waiting for January to see if Sessengon, Lo Celso and Ndombele have settled into the team yet?

Don’t they count anymore?

New new new players!!!!!

If Results don't change and we don't get to (say top 4 or ,6 this season - whatever criteria) then Poch will not be here next season.

But based upon results over the last ,5 years I think Levy will give him the rest of the season to show that Poch can turn things around.

Levy's only other option is to bring in another manager with no more guarantee of immediate success from the same pool of players - and that's why a change won't happen immediately.

Just my opinion based upon my interpretation of Levy's business logic !
Based on Levy's well know reluctance to spend money I just find it hard to believe he will hand over cash to Poch in January. He knows only too well that if it doesn't work out and we start to slide dramatically then he will need to have a treasure chest of available cash with which to tempt a new manager. Nobody is going to come here unless they have a sizeable budget with which to try and turn things around.

But you’re happy to waste it replying that you will not reply....

Our squad is no worse than anyone in the PL bar City and the fact you cannot (not “will not” John) name a better one, bar City, shows that your view that Poch hasn’t been backed is completely fake.

You jumped on the press bandwagon instead of doing some simple thinking for yourself.

Nobody has the guts to try and tell me that Liverpool has a better squad, man for man.
Yet they all want to spout shit about Klopp was backed but Poch wasn’t.

Let’s look at the players you wanted over the last few years then shall we?

Shaw
Berahino
Schniderlin
Bony
Zaha
Barkley
Martial
Next fucking level indeed

Now don’t forget:
Sessengon (oops)
Ndombele (awkward)
Sissoko (not backed John? You almost wanked Levy off for the signing)
Lo Celso (doh!)
Aurier (you haven’t thought this through have you)

And the players you demanded were not sold at any price:
Walker (yay! You got one)
Kane (still here)
Eriksen (still here)
Dele (still here)
Toby (still here)
Son (still here)
Rose (still here)

And the manager you said should be given a pay rise:
Poch (still here and 5th best paid manager in Europe)

Not backed John?
Please explain.....and tell me how signing Bony for 30M in 2014 would have been been better than bringing through Kane.

Fucking dick.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for a response

So Poch has to either pick players he doesn’t rate (or at least thinks they aren’t ready) or pick players he does rate, but who won’t play for him. It’s all well banging on about “young and hungry” players, but that’s just cant and romanticism. Players have to be of a certain standard to play for Spurs, and if the up and comers aren’t up to that standard then why should he play them? He’s trying to win football matches, not appease a few bellyachers on a football forum. Remember Colchester? He’s hardly going to try that again.

Having said that I can’t see a future for Poch at Spurs. We can argue all day and all night about whether he’s been backed or not, but it’s unarguable that he has delivered on his his original remit - in spades - ahead of time - and if you believe that to be true then you must look at other factors outside of his control to understand why we are where we are. I think he wanted us to behave like a big club - and we haven’t done so. I hope his departure from the club is handled better than Martin Jol’s. The guy deserves better than that.

Haven’t even put the prices in yet, and consider that the worst ones we are talking about when 30M was our more than our record signing.

25M for Berahino he wanted levy to just pay up....50M for Schniderlin and Barkley they demanded, 70M for Zaha or Martial.

They demanded absolute trash, for record fees, then claim Poch has been shat on with BETTER players.
Maybe he thinks we are a fantasy football team.

Back
Top Bottom