Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the exception of maybe Sonny, Lamela, and Moura, the rest of the traditional starters can be dropped.

If Poch is given a stay of execution, his way out of this is to start as many promising youth players as possible. He now has nothing left to lose.

Days like this you guys have it so easy over there. It's 8am here and I have to go through the entire Saturday after that garbage.

I feel bad for Poch because he's clearly lost the room after all he's done for these players. He built some of these guys into what they are today, and they've quit on him. Too often today, guys are just standing around doing nothing. We have the ball and no one makes a run to generate anything, no one gets tight to their players...it's just shambolic.

We need someone to rocket the players after shit shows not congratulate them.. These players can swan around week in week out because they know that they will get away with it.

They wouldn't be this poor if Fergie was manager, that is for sure..

The problem with Poch staying is can you trust him to make the hard decisions and drop Toby, Jan, Christian etc. They seem to be his plan A,B and C

That's before you get into the deterioration in players like Winks, Kane etc

So at this point I’m really afraid Tanguy is going to turn into Yaya Toure. Immensely talented plays hard once a month and gets fat as fuck
You're thinking of Yaya's final years under Pellegrini and Pep, during Mancini's run he was arguably the best player in the Premier League.

From what I see from him now, I'd be happy to see Tanguy become 1/3 of the player Yaya was.

I don't know... I mean it is training ground work that creates the understanding where to pass and what positioning to assume from your teammate, no ?

(honest question, never played competitive footy under coach)
A lot of the mistakes our players are making can't be put all put down to management.

Just as bad as the players who supposedly love the club and want to stay.

Problems run way deeper than just "Eriksen and Toby don't give a feck"
Without a doubt but we can't change the past. It's what do we do now time, and those players need to not be playing. I don't care if people think players like Winks and Lamela are not our level, they run their asses off for the club and should play.

Days like this you guys have it so easy over there. It's 8am here and I have to go through the entire Saturday after that garbage.

I feel bad for Poch because he's clearly lost the room after all he's done for these players. He built some of these guys into what they are today, and they've quit on him. Too often today, guys are just standing around doing nothing. We have the ball and no one makes a run to generate anything, no one gets tight to their players...it's just shambolic.
It's hard but we can't let things like sports results dictate our mood. Life isn't about football and football isn't life. Yes it sucks but it's not something we can control. Go out and see your friends and family, enjoy the fall weather. Celebrate the victories and shrug off the defeats.

It’s not like this is gradual either. How the fuck can we be flying so high and all of a sudden 9 months ago come crashing down immediately?
Up to a point last season the fixtures panned out beautifully for us. When we needed the wins we ran into direct rivals and you know how that goes.Some of us knew how lucky we were to get so high up the league and then to watch it come falling down was no surprise (just the depths we plummeted to was the surprise).

There are players guaranteed a start who shouldn't be in the reserves let alone the first team squad.

Back
Top Bottom