Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is years of paying under market value for players. This is not backing the manager in getting rid of those that don’t want to be there. This is leaving a club rebuild to a summer and expecting the manager to work miracles. This is on Levy .
Unfortunately though mate we can’t get rid of that bald prick. Because of that I don’t think it matters who we try and bring in after Poch. His ideas around our club are killing it. His constant ego trip of playing god with the club has now fucked the only decent manager we have had in years. If Erikson wears our shirt again i won’t be buying anymore tickets. Let the prick rot in the reserves. Moura has tried so hard yet the prick who wants to force a move out starts over him. This sort of crap doesn’t help!

I honestly have no words apart from my sympathy which goes to all our fans who travelled down to Brighton to watch that horror show , Levy should refund them , Which he won't of course . Total embarrassment .

And they made some great noise as well!
Even at 3:0 I heard "Tottenham till I die" loud and clear through telly!

Clearly my MoM award goes to travelling fans.

Though would have been fair to give a strong "boo" and whistle after the whistle because the players and management did not deseve this support today.

If that's the case then once again levy is wrong as he has been in his most signings Vincent, Njie, Nkoudo, selling Dembele, release Nando.....etc. It could be cheaper paying £32m against missing CL or even worse relegation. Levy is a lucky man to be at a job he was doing just ok and his luck is over.

PS. I blame both men and don't take sides, that's the case in any divorce.
we're not getting champions league now unless we win it. Levy would be spending 30mill to sack poch and then the 50mill hit of missing CL.
Its a big moment. I suspect there will be a negotiated pay off. but we need to fie prepared for a transitional season, maybe get some form back and a cup run.

You can blame ENIC that they didn’t invest for 2 windows, yet we got to a final and top 4. They have invested £150m this summer.

You can blame Poch for not getting the players up for the game and not dealing with what is going on better.

You can blame the players for not having the passion and hunger to sort this out.

It comes down to the whole club needs a reshuffle. Things always come to an end. A manager manager with the same players isn’t going to turn it around instantly, we need 3-4 new players still, and we need to have the right mentality.
yes the blame is on both men. One think he is genius and the other egoist both damaging the club and we fans suffer.

Because Levy didn't refresh the squad when it needed it, when Poch asked for it and wanted it, now we are left with a team full of unhappy players running contracts down and a manager who has lost faith and feels he has taken these players are far as he can.

The rot set in from the top, the manager warned us all about this and now it's happening, everyone is to blame though don't get me wrong, these players and Poch should be doing better, that's why Poch has to go now imo.

But the reality is simple, it's our owners and Levy that have caused these issues overall, at least we got a nice new stadium out of the deal.
Hated the concept behind the new stadium from the start, want a Spurs ground without a retractable pitch and without an nfl franchise. The Spurs team budget won't benefit, so why should we have it ?

Yeah. May as well keep winks as he's fairly good, young & British. At least a squad player. Obviously sessengon needs time too.

Makes it 7 then.

Add in players who maybe ain't good enough but do care such as Sissoko, Sanchez Foyth Lamela, Davies. We have 12.

Players who 100% need to go are Toby, Eriksen, Wanyama, Aurier, Rose. Add to that player like Ali, Dier who are in last chance saloon it's very Grimm

Poch let Lucas down in the UCL final and players like Llorente down by not giving them enough minutes on the pitch. He's not blameless in this mess.
A lot more besides.

Not trying to get rid of Eriksen and then picking him after his clear "I want out and won't sign a new contract"

Still playing Alderweireld who was massively on the wane last season and is even worse this season.

That narrow fucking defensive line up

That static play round the opposition box

The shoe-horning of players into a starting 11 regardless of form or position, simply because "they were good 3 years ago"

#picking Wanyama/Aurier/Eriksen/Dier etc.

we're not getting champions league now unless we win it. Levy would be spending 30mill to sack poch and then the 50mill hit of missing CL.
Its a big moment. I suspect there will be a negotiated pay off. but we need to fie prepared for a transitional season, maybe get some form back and a cup run.
Champions League?! Fucken hell mate, we are mid table or below at this rate.

"the club will communicate about Lloris arm"
"Massive impact on the game. To concede and lose your captain was big emotionally for the team"
"He's a very important player for the team"
"Then we conceded 2-0"
"We tried to find a solution, but it was impossible"
"Thank you to the fans, I feel sorry for them. Massive effort for them."
"We need to stay together"
"It's not easy, after 5 years, this is not a nice feeling for us and the players and staff"
"We need to keep working hard, believing and supporting our players"
"I hope that all the pressure is coming to me and the players are free to play the performances for their international clubs in the break"
"Now is the moment to be strong"

That was about it.

Back
Top Bottom