Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters

I changed my vote to yes

Same here, poch is in danger of ruining what he has built, sometime you can lay the foundations but it takes someone else to build the house, I will always be thankful for what he has done ya spurs but he should go before we all end up hating him, look how pathetic Wenger was in his last few seasons, but let’s be honest if poch had won even half of what Wenger did we would all be very happy the fact is he has won fuck All, and quite frankly with this team I don’t think he ever will!

Completely agree. We are Spurs. Not Woolwich.
We are going through a very bad patch but the manager has earned the time to turn it around.
That was a fucking horror show tonight though. Has to be said.

How long has he earned though? We have been shit for 9 months and we are in relegation form. Do we wait a year? Two years? Do we drop down to the Championship? Do we wait for Kane to leave?

Most managers when they go through a spell like this, they change something. The formation, the selection, the tactics. Poch wheels out the same 442 diamond and we keep losing. It’s becoming insane. No doubt this squad has peaked and is on the downslope, but this can’t be the best we can do with these players. What’s the harm in trying a 433 or a 352? Can it be worse than losing 7-2?

I agree. Totally.

I don’t think it’s bad to fail to win away from home in 9 months. You cannot blame the gaffer for that. It’s not like he trains, picks and selects the tactics and team. Hardly his fault that.

I think it’s unreasonable that he is expected to put a team out to beat tosh like West Ham in a brand new “1 billion £” stadium. I think it’s more than ok to give that bunch their bragging rights over us by simply not bothering to compete for the ball. Hardly Poch’s fault.

Records are there to be broken and our man and his boys have yet another record to be held up for all to see tonight. Bravo. It’s never going to be any better than this. Rowe, Nicholson, Burkinshaw, Venables, Graham and even Random Ramos were a fucking joke compared to our man.

I honestly think it’s asking too much to be given “world class” training facilities, a team hotel and every conceivable luxury, which you have hand picked at the training ground and then have the absolute cheek to expect a bunch of multi millionaire to not humiliate themselves at home in a massive game. Jesus what do people honestly expect ? We have never had it so good. We lost a European final for Christ sake. Is that not good enough ?

I also believe that having worse form than Brighton, Bournemouth, Newcastle etc this calendar year is totally ok as we have Beaver Town on tap @ £5 a pint. Fuck the form when you can get Pizza and a pint for under £15. A bargain !

And I have no problem with tonight. We were well in this game and if only 4 of them goals did not go in, we would only have lost 2-3, which would have been an excellent as we are a
Plucky little club who don’t have any history or pride and really. Thank god we never did a Leeds.

I also think Daniel Levy is just a fantastic business man as his 2 games a season NFL deal proves. He has really been good news and I don’t mind at all paying £65 to be in the cold and rain tonight to watch some cunt ( and I shit you not ) have a Greek teams shirt on and their flag in the home end and no fucker say anything, that’s all good with me. That’s ENIC’s way.

Come on you Spurs.

PS. Sorry mate - I am not digging you. It’s not your post I am objecting to, just very hurt tonight and don’t see much to pat any backs about.
Spot on mate!

Same here, poch is in danger of ruining what he has built, sometime you can lay the foundations but it takes someone else to build the house, I will always be thankful for what he has done ya spurs but he should go before we all end up hating him, look how pathetic Wenger was in his last few seasons, but let’s be honest if poch had won even half of what Wenger did we would all be very happy the fact is he has won fuck All, and quite frankly with this team I don’t think he ever will!
Wenger won lots. Lets stop pretending poch built something he went from 5th/6th to 3rd/4th hardly the most amazing thing in football history. He fucked up every semi or final he has ever been in. The man is treated like jesus christ by some spurs fans. He is a loser who is not good enough thats the truth

Wenger won lots. Lets stop pretending poch built something he went from 5th/6th to 3rd/4th hardly the most amazing thing in football history. He fucked up every semi or final he has ever been in. The man is treated like jesus christ by some spurs fans. He is a loser who is not good enough thats the truth
Sad, but true

I agree. Totally.

I don’t think it’s bad to fail to win away from home in 9 months. You cannot blame the gaffer for that. It’s not like he trains, picks and selects the tactics and team. Hardly his fault that.

I think it’s unreasonable that he is expected to put a team out to beat tosh like West Ham in a brand new “1 billion £” stadium. I think it’s more than ok to give that bunch their bragging rights over us by simply not bothering to compete for the ball. Hardly Poch’s fault.

Records are there to be broken and our man and his boys have yet another record to be held up for all to see tonight. Bravo. It’s never going to be any better than this. Rowe, Nicholson, Burkinshaw, Venables, Graham and even Random Ramos were a fucking joke compared to our man.

I honestly think it’s asking too much to be given “world class” training facilities, a team hotel and every conceivable luxury, which you have hand picked at the training ground and then have the absolute cheek to expect a bunch of multi millionaire to not humiliate themselves at home in a massive game. Jesus what do people honestly expect ? We have never had it so good. We lost a European final for Christ sake. Is that not good enough ?

I also believe that having worse form than Brighton, Bournemouth, Newcastle etc this calendar year is totally ok as we have Beaver Town on tap @ £5 a pint. Fuck the form when you can get Pizza and a pint for under £15. A bargain !

And I have no problem with tonight. We were well in this game and if only 4 of them goals did not go in, we would only have lost 2-3, which would have been an excellent as we are a
Plucky little club who don’t have any history or pride and really. Thank god we never did a Leeds.

I also think Daniel Levy is just a fantastic business man as his 2 games a season NFL deal proves. He has really been good news and I don’t mind at all paying £65 to be in the cold and rain tonight to watch some cunt ( and I shit you not ) have a Greek teams shirt on and their flag in the home end and no fucker say anything, that’s all good with me. That’s ENIC’s way.

Come on you Spurs.

PS. Sorry mate - I am not digging you. It’s not your post I am objecting to, just very hurt tonight and don’t see much to pat any backs about.

Mate believe me I get that, I get it all but ultimately we did still achieve top 4 last year which for a club like us, in our situation with all the billionaire boys club owners flying about in the league is still a massive achievement, we are still only a point off of top 4 as it stands and we are still only one win off of being 2nd in the Champions League groups.

I'd have taken a draw tonight, Bayern are a top team. Yes our form over the last 25-26 games has been shocking and the line needs to be drawn somewhere at some time, it's just that my line in the sand is a little further off than some. Ultimately the most important opinion is that of Daniel Levy's. I would still give Poch time but I don't know how this one will pan out, let's see where it takes us but as it stands the huge slump we've faced hasn't really harmed us significantly, I think that gives Poch a little respite.

Last edited:
I am extremely grateful to Poch for taking us up a level or two, however:

Subs - at 3-1 it needed changing. Our first sub was 11 minutes after this (64 mins I think). Unfortunately this has been an issue with Poch for years. Why is Lamela the last one on?

Individual errors - Has a team ever had this many error prone players in it as ours? We replace Walker with Tripper with Aurier. Lloris, Winks, Toby, Jan etc. It's relentless.

Game management - The best schooling I've seen was when we played Juventus at Wembley. We let them in twice when we were 1-0 up and they scored twice. We had 20-30 mins needing 1 goal and I don't think we even had a single half decent chance in that time. The top European teams and players are on a different level to us and ultimately if we hadn't played fellow inexperienced naive sides in City and Ajax last season we wouldn't have made the final.

Same old shit - I'm starting to feel like I'm watching the same movie every week. Bring back Gallas ffs, at least he would tell the fuckers around him to see it out until half time.

Poch himself - Where is the Poch that wanted everyone committed to fighting the same cause. Now we've got Toby/Jan/Eriksen playing when at least 2 of them don't even want to be here. How he can persist with Eriksen is beyond me.

How much longer can this spiral go on?

Sad, disgusted, strangely accepting and overall not surprised.

I had hoped he would leave on his own terms but the only way that happens now is if he walks. And you know he won’t. Levy has to sack him.

This game could have turned into the worst early Xmas present I could have ever bought my dad as well. But also as I said on our way back totally symbolic that shit changes. Sums up our year. Instead I’m glad I took him tonight as it’s our memory now. Taking my boy would have ruined him!!

Anyway tonight was a man I loved at our club hitting a low that we all saw coming. Some earlier than others.

Poch was willing to tear up his contract in the summer if we fluked our way to winning the CL. Well he should rip it up now and walk.

He’s lost the dressing room and I’m convinced telling the world he would walk away from his £8m a year contract is never going to be that motivational to players running down their own relatively paltry contracts.

Especially as players know they don’t have that choice to just say “bye and by the way you can go fuck your shitty contract”.

Ultimately the manager pays the price. That’s football.

In the nicest possible way. Fuck off now Poch. You’re done here.

Some dangerously low IQs in here.

Individual mistakes cannot be blamed on the manager.

If you think tactics bring about 2-7 defeats, you need to give your head a wobble or take up tiddlywinks because you clearly don't have a scooby.

People keep talking about the back end of last season, but the fact is that we secured top 4 with a huge injury list and while we made it to the CL final.

This season hasn't been great, but I don't think you can put it down to tactics. For me, too many players don't have a burning desire to win, so they keep repeating mistakes. Last season, we'd concede very early in games; this season, we concede on the stroke of half-time.

I am 100% Poch in. Take him out, and you take out everything he has built. He has built the club in his image. We'll be like United post-Fergie but worse because they have more financial clout.

As for names floating around on here:

Allegri - managing the best club in the country with the most resources is very different from managing a club with far fewer resources that is trying to become a top club.

Simeone - no reason to leave Atleti, where he is adored.

Eddie Howe - just no.

If Poch were to walk, the only two I'd consider are Mourinho (a winner) or Rodgers (embarrassing comments and an obsession with 'technician's aside, a very good modern manager).

I am extremely grateful to Poch for taking us up a level or two, however:

Subs - at 3-1 it needed changing. Our first sub was 11 minutes after this (64 mins I think). Unfortunately this has been an issue with Poch for years. Why is Lamela the last one on?

Individual errors - Has a team ever had this many error prone players in it as ours? We replace Walker with Tripper with Aurier. Lloris, Winks, Toby, Jan etc. It's relentless.

Game management - The best schooling I've seen was when we played Juventus at Wembley. We let them in twice when we were 1-0 up and they scored twice. We had 20-30 mins needing 1 goal and I don't think we even had a single half decent chance in that time. The top European teams and players are on a different level to us and ultimately if we hadn't played fellow inexperienced naive sides in City and Ajax last season we wouldn't have made the final.

Same old shit - I'm starting to feel like I'm watching the same movie every week. Bring back Gallas ffs, at least he would tell the fuckers around him to see it out until half time.

Poch himself - Where is the Poch that wanted everyone committed to fighting the same cause. Now we've got Toby/Jan/Eriksen playing when at least 2 of them don't even want to be here. How he can persist with Eriksen is beyond me.

How much longer can this spiral go on?

It can't go on mate.

Only be exiling Eriksen, probably about 4 others, can he hope to turn it around.

They stopped, are tired (of him and his team) IMO.

As said, since Klopp took over, his net is less than Poch, look at the teams vibrancy, that is on Poch ultimately.

I agree. Totally.

Come on you Spurs.

Brilliant read....best part about this evening.

The harsh truth

Loser mentality that keeps us from winning finals and semi finals. No one can deny it in their minds, even if they pretend to other people.

Back
Top Bottom