Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
I am not going to go to details of the transfers in this thread.
2 back ups for Kane in Vincent and Llorente sold/released, did Levy buy a replacement? BTW Llorente scored twice this week for Napoli. We have no bullets.
He wanted transfers done early for friendlies. Was it done?
Injured left sided player, what can Poch do with him?
Huge money? The club sold number of players, bought Ses and Ndombele and LoCelso is a loanee with option to buy if Spurs get P4.
Do you believe Poch is happy with summer TR window??
We have Lucas as a backup for Kane.

LOL @ blaming Levy for a player being injured.

Is Poch happy with the summer transfer window? Let's ask Poch himself, shall we?

“We will see what happens, but I am so happy with the way the squad. I was happy before, I am happy plus. I am a happy man.''

Dembele played 10 games last season and his last was early November.

It’s a massive stretch to try and blame Levy for not replacing him sooner as the main reason for our poor form from after the New Year.
We were playing well without him and spanking teams right up until we bottled the Wolves game.
Fair enough, hands up, I am wrong, so what went wrong?

I am not going to go to details of the transfers in this thread.
2 back ups for Kane in Vincent and Llorente sold/released, did Levy buy a replacement? BTW Llorente scored twice this week for Napoli. We have no bullets.
He wanted transfers done early for friendlies. Was it done?
Injured left sided player, what can Poch do with him?
Huge money? The club sold number of players, bought Ses and Ndombele and LoCelso is a loanee with option to buy if Spurs get P4.
Do you believe Poch is happy with summer TR window??

Poch had Llorente and Janssen and didn’t use them. Why should they be replaced?
He was happy to us Kane for every game he could walk.

Poch not happy with window all of a sudden?

He said “tonight we party” when it closed mate

And there is no other player available on planet Earth. Pull the other one.

Or even better, keep Dembele till the summer, we might have won the CL with him, don't you thin so??
No, I don't think so.

An injured and over the hill Dembele was not the difference between us being better or worse than Liverpool.

If anyone wants proof that just throwing money into your squad resolves issues, I present...

MANCHESTERRRRRR UNITEDDDDDD

No you need a clear plan, a philosophy and to buy a team around that. Which is what City and Liverpool have done, United have no plan, they are like a drunk throwing £100K out of the window knowing they have another 100K under the mattress, where as City are like a guy with 200K using a good investment advisor.

I'm sorry but what do people think a new manager will achieve? Do you think a new "head coach" is going to waltz in and win us the league or the champions league with this set of players?

Really fucking delusional. Without investment in the squad who actually thinks we are capable of achieving these things? And which top manager out there is stupid enough to come to Spurs when all they get to work with is a shoe string of a budget? Levy is lucky in the fact that Pochettino is somewhat of a passive person and believes in his own coaching abilities enough not to moan about getting investment and transfers. another coach would simply walk.

People say poch is lucky because he has Kane eriksen dele etc but conveniently forget it was poch in the first place who helped to develop these players into what they are today and the players can testify to that in past interviews throughout the years.

This season levy threw poch a bone with a few signings big fucking deal. Dybala was all smoke and mirrors. Levy does this every year. Poch got us to a CL final last season with zero investment, a PL record. We're like 17th in net spend over the past 5 or 10 years.

Heard the same shit over forums for the past decade. Redknapp apparently had no tactical ability and didn't rotate enough yet managed top 4 with an ancient Gallas, Scott Parker and Ryan fucking Nelson, saha, gudjohnsen and adebayor who had most of his wages paid by man City.

So who is this mystical coach who is going to come in and win us the league and Champions League then? Cos whoever it is is going to want 200m on players..

Poch has built a good quality team at spurs but he has squeezed all he can out of them. The team is tired. Kane has played non stop for half a decade. There is no proper investment at the club except for a meagre few signings this season who the jury is still out on their ability. Poch has worked miracles at the club with what he has been given but now the wheels are falling off and you think well it must be poch who isn't good enough tactical enough instead of thinking OH MAYBE THE MANAGER NEEDS FUCKING BACKING.

PUT SOME RESPECT ON POCHETTINOS NAME

m sorry but what do people think a new manager will achieve? Do you think a new "head coach" is going to waltz in and win us the league or the champions league with this set of players?

No but he might play some decent football for longer than one half every three weeks and learn how to break down bottom half teams.

Good football leads to good results, which increases your chances of success.

For me right now, enjoying a game for 90 minutes would be a start. So far I’ve had that once since last December.

I'm sorry but what do people think a new manager will achieve? Do you think a new "head coach" is going to waltz in and win us the league or the champions league with this set of players?

Really fucking delusional. Without investment in the squad who actually thinks we are capable of achieving these things? And which top manager out there is stupid enough to come to Spurs when all they get to work with is a shoe string of a budget? Levy is lucky in the fact that Pochettino is somewhat of a passive person and believes in his own coaching abilities enough not to moan about getting investment and transfers. another coach would simply walk.

People say poch is lucky because he has Kane eriksen dele etc but conveniently forget it was poch in the first place who helped to develop these players into what they are today and the players can testify to that in past interviews throughout the years.

This season levy threw poch a bone with a few signings big fucking deal. Dybala was all smoke and mirrors. Levy does this every year. Poch got us to a CL final last season with zero investment, a PL record. We're like 17th in net spend over the past 5 or 10 years.

Heard the same shit over forums for the past decade. Redknapp apparently had no tactical ability and didn't rotate enough yet managed top 4 with an ancient Gallas, Scott Parker and Ryan fucking Nelson, saha, gudjohnsen and adebayor who had most of his wages paid by man City.

So who is this mystical coach who is going to come in and win us the league and Champions League then? Cos whoever it is is going to want 200m on players..

Poch has built a good quality team at spurs but he has squeezed all he can out of them. The team is tired. Kane has played non stop for half a decade. There is no proper investment at the club except for a meagre few signings this season who the jury is still out on their ability. Poch has worked miracles at the club with what he has been given but now the wheels are falling off and you think well it must be poch who isn't good enough tactical enough instead of thinking OH MAYBE THE MANAGER NEEDS FUCKING BACKING.

So we keep Poch because we know Levy won't finance an alternative ? Have you ever considered what our contingency plan would be if Poch decided to seek pastures new ?

giphy.gif

It's too late. Poch is not happy with the manner summer transfer went. He lost all interest in the job.

How can you do a job properly when you don't want to be there?! You can't and hence the results on the pitch.

I blame Poch because he knows how transfers work at Spurs, Levy is tight and won't change for anyone.

All needed now for this season is top 4, nothing else. It is the invisible trophy.

And I don’t think we’re going to get there with Poch in charge

Sadly

It’s like everyone has a different level of what’s unacceptable. Which makes all this faux outrage at the idea of replacing Poch so hypocritical.

Should we be 12th in January all the people pouring their hearts out over how shit other fans are will be agreeing a change is needed.

Although I have heard from one that he’s happily follow us into the championship with Poch rather than be pro active and change manager.
Haha

You are right about the investment but I'm not sure we will buy the right players with Poch in charge. The players he has signed over the years have been mostly underwhelming. So even if he was given 300 mill has he the ability to pick the right players

No but he might play some decent football for longer than one half every three weeks and learn how to break down bottom half teams.

Good football leads to good results, which increases your chances of success.

For me right now, enjoying a game for 90 minutes would be a start. So far I’ve had that once since last December.

Funny thing is most of these bottom half teams have invested more then levy has. TV revenue has changed the game. Which is why these clubs are smashing their transfer records recently. The money is there. Levy can no longer peddle the stadium capacity myth as a reason why he can't sign players but you can be fucking sure he will use the "got to pay off the stadium" excuse for the next decade to come.

Our team should be capable of beating lower clubs however the players who have been here for years are no longer playing for the badge and all want moves away as they approach the business end of their careers and want to join serious clubs that put their hand in their pocket now and again to win trophies. People say we,'re a few years away from winning something. No, we're simply a few quality signings away from glory, and that's the sad part.

An owner that's happy to be a nearly team as long as he bleeds the club for all the TV revenue, CL money and club transfers. Season or two and he'll cash in on Kane & Co for mega money and half heartedly reinvest a portion of that back on some players and big up talk about *projects" and "a coach who enjoys an exciting football style" while spending the rest on another yacht in his tax haven Bahamas.

Back
Top Bottom