Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players like Dele have regressed, there is no doubt about it. Remember when it was scary how good he was?
And this is the problem we have and why the happy clappers still think they have a point. Dele hasn't regressed as a player. He is the same exact player he was 4 years ago. He was always shit in the main but popped up with the odd goal to mask the previous 80 odd minutes and folks went merrily on their "We've got Alli...". Now we are seeing him without the goals and it ain't pretty.

And seeing as Dele hasn't improved from 19-23 it only stands to reason that we shouldn't expect any improvement going forward. When GLC is fit I would expect him to return to his newfound position from the Palace game where he put on a 8/10 performance and probably his best display in about 2 years. And he can keep his pal Dier company, another player that hasn't improved in 4 years.

I was at Anfield when we got beat 7-0. Had a great away day and genuinely can't recall anyone moaning. But then we never used to analyse games back then. We just accepted the result and started planning the logistics for the next game.

The moaners suck all the joy out of supporting Tottenham.

Last edited:
I was at Anfield when we got beat 7-0. Had a great away day and genuinely can't recall anyone moaning. But then we never used to analyse games back then. We just accepted the result and started planning the logistics for the next game.

The moaners suck all the joy out of supporting Tottenham.

Can you imagine how shit and boring it would be if we won every single game? and I genuinely mean that i'd hate it and it would be pointless.

Which is precisely the reason City can't sell out the Etihad. Where is the fun is going to football KNOWING you are going to win. Boring as fuck.

Exactly, People can't comprehend that sometimes you win, sometimes you draw and sometimes you lose.. You can'twin every game and i'd stop going if I knew we were going to win every game.. The match day experience would be as dull as fuck. The not knowing is what makes it what it is.

Poch needs to stop rotating the majority of the team every week, you can see that it fucks up the chemistry so much and is one of the main reasons why we are so inconsistent.

Was forced to listen on the radio (Talksport!) and it sounded like we picked up where we left off against Newcastle. Slow, slow then pass backwards - failing that, just pass to the opposition.

It sounded like Ndombele, Eriksen and Dele had shockers with Winks MoM. Kane and Lucas get a free pass because they scored but neither sounded as if they played well overall.

Why rotate half the team from the Palace game? I know we've got a heavy schedule but that includes a game against Chelmsford (or somewhere) when the kids can play.

I don't understand the defensive rotation mania. How often are TAA, Matip, VVD and Robertson rotated? We seem to play a different defence every week. Rose and Aurier had good games against Palace - why leave them at home? An uninjured Pro in his twenties should manage 2 games a week. I just don't get it.

Well I guess we should be grateful for a point and on to Leicester who will be a far more difficult proposition.

Exactly, People can't comprehend that sometimes you win, sometimes you draw and sometimes you lose.. You can'twin every game and i'd stop going if I knew we were going to win every game.. The match day experience would be as dull as fuck. The not knowing is what makes it what it is.

Not knowing is what creates atmosphere.

There is a reason that the more successful sides like City, Woolwich, Chelsea and Man U generally have no atmosphere at their home games.

Poor team performance, but already over it, as I'm not going to add to my grey hairs and wrinkles reliving that.
Looking forward to Saturday, bring on Leicester!

A point isn't the end of the world but holy shit that performance was just flat and uneven at best. And if Lamela had just laid it off to Kane in the 87th we'd have absolutely stolen all 3 points.

Fucking bizarre performance and now its getting to the point where I am growing more concerned with how this team is being setup and the mentality, which is not what I would have thought prior to the season starting.

One last thing then I'll hang up and listen if you will, but Kane's lack of sharpness and his significant decrease in shot volume is becoming concerning. He may have had (or felt like he had) 3 shots today and when he is at his peak he should be shooting 6+ times a game, regardless of opponent or who he is playing with.

Read these and tell me I'm imagining media bias lol
Apparently letting a 2-goal lead slip TO DRAW is somehow worse than conceding 2 goals without reply and LOSING.... that's JUST the pick-me-up a team needs to GALVANISE them*

*if they're Liverpool!!

Back
Top Bottom