Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-----------Lloris-------------
Sissoko-Toby-Jan-Davies
----Dier--Ndombele------
-Son---Eriksen--Alli------
-----------Kane-------------

Aurier won't play. We'll see if he ever plays another game for us, I mean if Poch prefered to use Sanchez there... Doubt that we will risk to start KWP if he is just recovering.
Davies is better option than Rose given that Rose has been absolutely useless on both ends of the field this season.
Winks is not much of use if the opposite team is parking the bus (and oh lord, Palace will do it!) and this will be another of the matches where we could rather use someone defensively responsible there (like Dier, as we don't have anyone better to put there).

Just hoping for an energetic display. Palace will not give it to us easily.
Regarding points picked in 2019 they are 4th in the table... way higher than us.

COYS!

Now Team news been announced can pick team.
Lloris, KWP, Toby, Jan, Davies
Winks Ndombele
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Kane
Will have game changers on the bench if needed, Moura & Lamela.

We haven't had a "easy" (more than 2 goals) win over Palace since 2005. We always tend to have tough games against them/making it harder for ourselves than it should be. And with Roy taking 3 points off of both Manchester clubs this calendar year we should definitely not count them out.

The paraphrase Mark Reus at Dortmund: The dumbest thing you can do is think that you have enough quality to just cruise through games.

We need to put in a shift here. On paper we have this one in the bag but football is of course not played on paper.
There a tectonic shift in the game going on at the moment. It's almost as though anything could happen at anytime. One thing I am sure about. There will no easy games!!

And if he’s not even starting training til the end of October, then don’t expect him to be anywhere match fit before February
Why oh why do we buy injured players? Not just one either and considering our own capacity for injuries, it does seem weird. And as someone pointed out in a previous post, if GLC isn't going to be able to play a full game until February, we could be sliding down the table by then.

Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman / Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and the rest of that merry band.

Will you be in the coach and horses before the game on sat and if so what time and also what time will you be at the dispensary on sat?

Trying to organise with my usual couple of cronies what the craic is and getting all my ducks in a row, so to speak.

We usually go to the coach before a game, then into the stadium.
Have a pint for me... I have to work.

-----------Lloris-------------
Sissoko-Toby-Jan-Davies
----Dier--Ndombele------
-Son---Eriksen--Alli------
-----------Kane-------------

Aurier won't play. We'll see if he ever plays another game for us, I mean if Poch prefered to use Sanchez there... Doubt that we will risk to start KWP if he is just recovering.
Davies is better option than Rose given that Rose has been absolutely useless on both ends of the field this season.
Winks is not much of use if the opposite team is parking the bus (and oh lord, Palace will do it!) and this will be another of the matches where we could rather use someone defensively responsible there (like Dier, as we don't have anyone better to put there).

Just hoping for an energetic display. Palace will not give it to us easily.
Regarding points picked in 2019 they are 4th in the table... way higher than us.

COYS!
If Sanchez plays RB against Zaha, it's over before it begins.

There a tectonic shift in the game going on at the moment. It's almost as though anything could happen at anytime. One thing I am sure about. There will no easy games!!
To paraphrase Marko Reues after Dortmund lost to Union Berlin recently: The dumbest thing a top team can do is assume that they will breeze through a game on "superior talent". You always need to put in a shift because there are no easy games.

Look at City for example. The reason it looks like they are cruising through games is because they go out against any opponent and go for the kill.

Back
Top Bottom