Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did sweet fuck all in their qualifier against Georgia tonight and was rated a 1 out of 10 by the biggest Danish newspaper.

This is why the big boys didn’t want to buy him. You can’t go to Real/Juve and get away with being a ghost. That CL final performance is still lingering in the memory of the football world.

He'll get an assist against Palace and he'll be the world's greatest player again.

Find it so strange, that so many fans (sammyspurs etc) think CE is so overrated. I mean:

1) How many good games have we played without CE?
2) How many good games have Kane played without CE?
3) Could it be, that CE has lifted a mediocre team (Dier, Winks etc) to become a regular top 4 club?
4) Is it not more likely that we will miss him when he is gone, than not?
5) Is this "hatred" because he might be leaving us?
6)Do you honestly think Lo Celso can replace him (I know he's injured)?

Find it so strange, that so many fans (sammyspurs etc) think CE is so overrated. I mean:

3) Could it be, that CE has lifted a mediocre team (Dier, Winks etc) to become a regular top 4 club?

How many good games have we played without Eriksen?
You mean Eriksen that’s played 99.9% of our games since he joined?

Hard to tell when he’s never benched or subbed off. The question should be how many shit games have we played with Eriksen on the pitch.
Far too many for the “most productive midfielder in Europe” in my opinion.

How many good games have we played without Eriksen?
You mean Eriksen that’s played 99.9% of our games since he joined?

Hard to tell when he’s never benched or subbed off. The question should be how many shit games have we played with Eriksen on the pitch.
Far too many for the “most productive midfielder in Europe” in my opinion.
Think your a little to extreme saying 99,9% . So you don't think he has been one of the main reasons as to why we have been a top 4 club since he joined the club? Or is it Kane? But then who makes all the assists to Kane?

Think your a little to extreme saying 99,9% . So you don't think he has been one of the main reasons as to why we have been a top 4 club since he joined the club? Or is it Kane? But then who makes all the assists to Kane?

I cant go back in time and say without Eriksen we wouldn’t have qualified. When the team is flying, he usually performs. But he rarely lifts the team or dictates the pace of a game.....if we play crap, he disappears.

That’s not the mark of a world class player....someone who needs lesser players to make life easy for him.

The way I see it is that who’s to know what we might have won if Eriksen had been upgraded two years ago when he started fucking around with his contract......

I cant go back in time and say without Eriksen we wouldn’t have qualified. When the team is flying, he usually performs. But he rarely lifts the team or dictates the pace of a game.....if we play crap, he disappears.

That’s not the mark of a world class player....someone who needs lesser players to make life easy for him.

The way I see it is that who’s to know what we might have won if Eriksen had been upgraded two years ago when he started fucking around with his contract......
It seems to me that your way of thinking is seeing the glass as half empty.
Instead you should be thinking about what he has done for the club, and what great progress there's been

Ok. But do you have the same approach regarding Kane?

World class players do need "lesser" players to perform. For example even Messi needs the barca players (/playstyle) to perform constantly on a world class level when you compare his form for argentina. Kane needs service as you could see in the last weeks. Another example would be Hazard, he couldn't qualify chelsea for the champions league a season ago, because he isn't world class?
Football is a team sport, every position depends on other positions in my opinion.

"He rarely dictates the pace of the game" This is just wrong and highlights your little knowledge of football.

In my opinion the World and this forum would be such a better and friendlier place if everyone who made a statement about something either started or finished their remarks with the words "In My Opinion"
Do you think so? In My Opinion it isn't needed in a forum. Especially to someone like sammyspurs who does state some of his opinions as facts, in My Opinion.

Do you think so? In My Opinion it isn't needed in a forum. Especially to someone like sammyspurs who does state some of his opinions as facts, in My Opinion.
I will sit here all day and read people's postings, views and opinions on a multitude of topics and thoroughly enjoy doing so as long as it's done in a relatively polite manner. It just grates when poster's declare their words as Gospel and anyone else's as absolute rubbish and totally wrong simply because they disagree with theirs. :wall: Wall = 2 sides.
End of rant...where's the Shiraz ?? :thumbup:

5 is almost certainly yes. Nobody really played well in the final but only one player came out and said he wants a new team. Therefore we lost because of him.

Hoping Poch washes the sand out and gets his arm round CE rather than passive aggressive hints about the situation to the media.

World class players do need "lesser" players to perform. For example even Messi needs the barca players (/playstyle) to perform constantly on a world class level when you compare his form for argentina. Kane needs service as you could see in the last weeks. Another example would be Hazard, he couldn't qualify chelsea for the champions league a season ago, because he isn't world class?
Football is a team sport, every position depends on other positions in my opinion.

"He rarely dictates the pace of the game" This is just wrong and highlights your little knowledge of football.
Little knowledge of football?

You just said Messi wouldn’t look good if Charlie Adam was behind him. So Eriksen only takes shit corners because he’s better than his teammates?

Eriksen plays alongside Kane and Son and Dele every week.....aren’t they all world class too?

Or you mean that he shouldn’t stand out against the likes of Winks? Because Winks is the player who stands out among the two every week.
I said it before but you lot are all about the stats, and nothing else. Take the assists away would you still think he was world class and dictating games?
Like fuck would you. And that just highlights your total foolishness that someone can do nothing for 70 minutes then make an assist and that means he had a good game.

Jog on pal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom