Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am quite sure Daniel has an ISA or two stashed away to cover the costs of a replacement. I would imagine he's been making plans since it first became obvious Eriksen wasn't staying and could go for nothing. Never underestimate Mr Levy, do so at your peril
:levystare:

Agree on that.

But if we did lose him for zero I think even DL would struggle to cover that money - its just too large a sum for a club like Spurs.

My guess, for what its worth, is that DL has 2 or 3 players of Ndombele or Lo Celso's standing pencilled in to sign each TW for the next couple of years (providing we get CL each year), so he'd find funds for an Eriksen replacement, but it might mean that another player arrives a year later than if we got (say) £50m for Eriksen.

Well guess we will never agree. Thx for the replies.

That’s not how this works......I have to tell you at least 40 more times that he’s shit, and you have to play the role of internet shrink:
Say something like;
“You’ve made 350000 posts it’s not healthy”
Or
“You’re a cunt”

I will then say:
“At least it’s 350000 posts about spurs....”
and name drop my pos rep

Others will join in, and some threats will be made about the “ignore” function.

This should go on for at least 7wks, and then we can reignite it later in the season.
You really need to learn the forum a bit before you post here, it’s a little bit of a diss to the veterans with all this “respect” and “thanks” stuff you are trying to install here.

So I’ll go first:
NO! Eriksen is shit!!!!

(You go........)

That’s not how this works......I have to tell you at least 40 more times that he’s shit, and you have to play the role of internet shrink:
Say something like;
Or
“You’re a cunt”

I will then say:
and name drop my pos rep

This should go on for at least 7wks, and then we can reignite it later in the season.
You really need to learn the forum a bit before you post here, it’s a little bit of a diss to the veterans with all this “respect” and “thanks” stuff you are trying to install here.

So I’ll go first:
NO! Eriksen is shit!!!!

(You go........)
Thx

Say something like;
Or
“You’re a cunt”

I will then say:
and name drop my pos rep

So I’ll go first:
NO! Eriksen is shit!!!!

(You go........)
f84f976d-a425-4d2f-a762-931391eba511.gif

230k a week is about 12m a year ... sign a five year deal it commits Spurs to 60m but it adds over 60m in asset value to our books ... pretty much a no-brainer for us.

Eriksen wants a low buy-out clause, we don't want to offer that for the first two years - the risk being he just takes the huge pay rise and then walks anyway - this will probably still run and run

Or just maybe he will realise this is his best offer ... that RM and Barca have moved on ... we will see

the big euro clubs didn't come in with low silly offer after EPL window closed, so is he really wanted as a starter by the top euro club's ? next summer a top euro club may go for him for just signing on fee, but he's not there no1 target he would just be a squad member is that enough for him ?
at spurs he's in first 11, at RM or Juve, PSG he's on the bench or just a squad member is that enough ?
I hope he stays, he can see passes with out looking only Kane has that vision, the rest have to look and look before passing, unless its backwards or sidewards

It's nice that we are still trying but he's not going to sign. The only way for him to guarantee a move to a superclub is by running down his contract, nobody wanted to pay any money for him this summer so why would they come back in at full price?

Will still be Levys fault somehow if he turns it down......

“230k a week????? How’s he supposed to feed his kid???
Should have paid him this in 2015 before he had even done anything....look at Hazard and De Bruyne, don’t worry about what they’ve achieved Eriksen should get at least 450k a week”

Why the continued debate on Eriksen? It's bizarre because people are trying to force views on others.

I do it with Lamela and Rose but to a lesser extent. Why?

Eriksen will be a loss if he leaves. Simple. Rose and Lama less so. And the reasons are clear. One is quality, one shines once every 10 games if lucky and the other a comtemptuous fcuker who was good for 18 months and then got too fcuking big for his boots. And who started the downward spiral for his manager.

Last edited:
Seems to me it’s more a case of Eriksen could turn down 700k a week and it will still be Spurs fault for not forcing him to sign a new contract “earlier”

Despite the club trying to do that for 2 years now.

Gone past fault for me.

It's more about ensuring he performs in line with his contract.

The manager's job.

I just believe that we are not yet better off witbout what Eriksen offers but obviously that comes with the rider of him playing at the requisite level.

Gone past fault for me.

It's more about ensuring he performs in line with his contract.

The manager's job.

I just believe that we are not yet better off witbout what Eriksen offers but obviously that comes with the rider of him playing at the requisite level.

We’re not better off because despite the manager dropping him, he refused to play his replacement and now he’s injured/not match fit until probably February

Spurs programme records 281 apps and 67 goals since his debut on this day in 2013, against Norwich. Hope he stays for a good few years yet.

Back
Top Bottom