Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[QUOTE="RealCoolYid, post:
This contract is now a good screw for victor but terrible for us
[/QUOTE]

Depends surely on how and where he is used. If as someone posted he was used coming off of the bench to kill a game off by holding it up for a valuable point (as on Sunday), I’m sure he’d have slowed @rsenal down or again holding it up for all three points in a similar situation - he would be earning his money.

Depends surely on how and where he is used. If as someone posted he was used coming off of the bench to kill a game off by holding it up for a valuable point (as on Sunday), I’m sure he’d have slowed @rsenal down or again holding it up for all three points in a similar situation - he would be earning his money.

You appear oblivious to his fitness issues and just how far down the pecking order that leaves him.

He'd have more likely stood to slow US down and in turn invited more pressure...

Furthermore, imagine the uproar at 2-1 vs Arse and at 65mins we subbed Wanyama on.....

Dare I ask, for whom you'd have subbed him on for?

As the season progresses we'll have Sissoko, Skipp & Dier fulfilling that role.... Unless we have an even more injury ravaged season than last year, Vic won't get a sniff.

Last edited:
You appear oblivious to his fitness issues and just how far down the pecking order that leaves him.

He'd have more likely stood to slow US down and in turn invited more pressure...

Furthermore, imagine the uproar at 2-1 vs Arse and at 65mins we subbed Wanyama on.....

Dare I ask, for whom you'd have subbed him on for?

As the season progresses we'll have Sissoko, Skipp & Dier fulfilling that role.... Unless we have an even more injury ravaged season as last year, Vic won't get a sniff.

Oh I saw him run on the pitch in celebration at victory over Ajax and it was very clear that the man has very damaged legs. What more do you expect from the legs of such a big man but then that’s nothing that a few pain killing therapies pre and post match won’t resolve. I think for 65 large bags a week you’d expect him to play come what may and as I said I’d find a place for him particularly when are backs are against the wall.

Besides he owes me another howitzer goal. :llorisunsure:

Oh I saw him run on the pitch in celebration at victory over Ajax and it was very clear that the man has very damaged legs. What more do you expect from the legs of such a big man but then that’s nothing that a few pain killing therapies pre and post match won’t resolve.

Yet your rhetoric ignores this.

I think for 65 large bags a week you’d expect him to play come what may

Little to do with it if there are more suitable (i.e. fit and mobile) players ahead of him. Shoehorning him into a squad because he was once deemed worth 65kpw is a mugs game.

and as I said I’d find a place for him particularly when are backs are against the wall.

Why not answer the questions born of YOUR gooner game analogy then?

Last weekend is the perfect working example.... Who would you have subbed off at 65mins?

Besides he owes me another howitzer goal. :llorisunsure:

Don't hold your breath; him getting stranded on the oppo 18yard line won't be risked any time soon.

Who I would have subbed off on Sunday is your question of demand; but it really didn't matter who came off - what was needed was fresh legs (no pun intended) because @rsenal having stepped up look strong whereas we looked lost and about to implode. I don't claim to be a managerial or tactical genius, that I leave to those overly consumed by their own egotistically enhanced claims to tactical genius. In truth I don't believe in tactical substitutions - I believe in fresh legs hard work and lots of luck.

Last edited:
Who I would subbed off on Sunday is your question of demand; but it really didn't matter who came off - what was needed was fresh legs (no pun intended) because @rsenal having stepped up look strong whereas we looked lost and about to implode. I don't claim to be a managerial or tactical genius, that I leave to those overly consumed by their own egotistically enhanced claims to tactical genius. In truth I don't believe in tactical substitutions - I believe in fresh legs hard work and lots of luck.

I didn't ask you anything overtly tactical; just who you'd have taken off for Vic's fresh legs?

...You said we could have done with him coming on whilst still in the lead afterall.

Regardless, Vic seems a strange option to reach for if legs are the order of the hour.

I can't help hone in on your "I don't believe in tactical subs" comment tho.... Positionally you don't think it matters who leaves/enters the field of play so long as they run about a bit? ....Surely it's only logical that each different player would stand to effect proceedings in different ways according to position and skillset?

I didn't ask you anything overtly tactical; just who you'd have taken off for Vic's fresh legs?

...You said we could have done with him coming on whilst still in the lead afterall.

Regardless, Vic seems a strange option to reach for if legs are the order of the hour.

I can't help hone in on your "I don't believe in tactical subs" comment tho.... Positionally you don't think it matters who leaves/enters the field of play so long as they run about a bit? ....Surely it's only logical that each different player would stand to effect proceedings in different ways according to position and skillset?

On paper that is true: but not that long ago the lads threw the tactical rule book out of the window - as did the head coach: and 0:3 down we came back to reach the European champions league final.

I said nothing about him coming on while we were leading, as while we were leading I fully expected the killer third goal to come and the points would have been in the bag; but It didn’t happen and we went in to the second half as second favourites even tough we lead. Still I expected the third goal to come but unfortunately only one side seemed to dig deep and it wasn’t us. It was at 2:2 we needed a wanyama so-as to avoid defeat but instead we got lucky!

On paper that is true: but not that long ago the lads threw the tactical rule book out of the window - as did the head coach: and 0:3 down we came back to reach the European champions league final.

I said nothing about him coming on while we were leading,

As good as, you did:

"I’m sure he’d have slowed @rsenal down or again holding it up for all three points in a similar situation"

as while we were leading I fully expected the killer third goal to come and the points would have been in the bag; but It didn’t happen and we went in to the second half as second favourites even tough we lead. Still I expected the third goal to come but unfortunately only one side seemed to dig deep and it wasn’t us. It was at 2:2 we needed a wanyama so-as to avoid defeat but instead we got lucky!

So again, why Wanyama then if any old body will do to "run about"?

Be it 2-1 or 2-2.... Who would you have taken off for Wanyama???

We brought Lo Celso on... Looked more dangerous and could have nicked it, btw.

You're just showing a lot of fluffy sentiment about Vic.

As good as, you did:

"I’m sure he’d have slowed @rsenal down or again holding it up for all three points in a similar situation"

So again, why Wanyama then if any old body will do to "run about"?

Be it 2-1 or 2-2.... Who would you have taken off for Wanyama???

We brought Lo Celso on... Looked more dangerous and could have nicked it, btw.

You're just showing a lot of fluffy sentiment about Vic.

As good as, you did:

Try leaving it in context rather than isolating a quote.
I’m saying a wanyama could have done a job when we were under the cosh Sunday; and similarly he could do a job coming on to hold the lead in another game; it’s a message board you can’t expect word perfect at every post! 👍

As good as, you did:

Try leaving it in context rather than isolating a quote.
I’m saying a wanyama could have done a job when we were under the cosh Sunday; and similarly he could do a job coming on to hold the lead in another game; it’s a message board you can’t expect word perfect at every post! 👍

I'm not being manipulative here... BOTH scenarios apply to that very game! It's the ideal working example and fresh in both our minds..... Why are you squirming so badly to avoid a really simple question?

Ok..... :sigh:

If he "could have done a job when we were under the cosh Sunday" (better?)...... Who would you have subbed off for him? LOL

Last edited:
I'm not being manipulative here... BOTH scenarios apply to that very game! It's the ideal working example and fresh in both our minds..... Why are you squirming so badly to avoid a really simple question?

Ok..... :sigh:

If he "could have done a job when we were under the cosh Sunday" (better?)...... Who would you have subbed off for him? LOL

I wasn’t at Highbury Sunday, nor was I watching the match where I live, because every fucker here in Goonersville - is a cunt. Visiting south we chose to watch the match at the bar & grille at Victoria station to escape them.

Unfortunately, Victoria, known as Chelsea heartland - the gaff was full of jagermeister guzzling replica @rsenal shirt wearing university educated fucks. So in these extreme conditions and since we were so lacklustre in the second half forgive me if I’d have used the eeny , meeny, miny, moe tactic and brought a Wannyama on!

I suppose you were sat up in your armchair supping beer and smoking a pipe deep in analytical contemplation!

I wasn’t at Highbury Sunday, nor was I watching the match where I live, because every fucker here in Goonersville - is a cunt. Visiting south we chose to watch the match at the bar & grille at Victoria station to escape them.

Unfortunately, Victoria, known as Chelsea heartland - the gaff was full of jagermeister guzzling replica @rsenal shirt wearing university educated fucks. So in these extreme conditions and since we were so lacklustre in the second half forgive me if I’d have used the eeny , meeny, miny, moe tactic and brought a Wannyama on!

I suppose you were sat up in your armchair supping beer and smoking a pipe deep in analytical contemplation!

Don't be a div... It's doesn't take a hyper-geek, stat-warrior of a Spurs fan to be glued to an NLD.

So, after all that to-and-throw we can conclude you'd randomly throw Wanyama on even though you weren't really paying attention.

What a load of old ignorant guff.

Last edited:

Don't be a div... It's doesn't take a hyper-geek, stat-warrior of a Spurs fan to be glued to an NLD.

So, after all that to-and-throw we can conclude you'd randomly throw Wanyama on even though you weren't really paying attention.

What a load of old ignorant guff.
[/QUOTE]

Conclude as you will. I’m sure more than a few got the gist of it.

Conclude as you will. I’m sure more than a few got the gist of it.

What gist...? That you'd throw a broken player out in an important game to secure points in the name of "running about a bit" without consideration for what issue he would be addressing?

Gist: Ill considered rubbish.

What gist...? That you'd throw a broken player out in an important game to secure points in the name of "running about a bit" without consideration for what issue he would be addressing?

Fuck me... I was sure you’d concluded already. Can’t you tell I’m having a few sherberts after a days collar - so much for your analytical ability :disdain:

When Victor scores his next howitzer Mr. Airfixx, I will return to this thread and demand an apology! And expect to get it :thumbup:

Fuck me... I was sure you’d concluded already. Can’t you tell I’m having a few sherberts after a days collar - so much for your analytical ability :disdain:

Sorry if I've mis-judged all this.... Your pre-bin self was an arrogant big mouthed, know it all, that's all...

Enjoy ya bevvy. :thumbup:

Sorry if I've mis-judged all this.... Your pre-bin self was an arrogant big mouthed, know it all, that's all...

Enjoy ya bevvy. :thumbup:

“arrogant big mouthed, know it all”

No. that’s nonsense he’s merely a cartoon character old chap... he’s harmless.

Back
Top Bottom