Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neymar to Barca is off. Plus Poch has said if Eriksen hasn’t moved before NLD then he won’t be leaving this window.

Safe to say he’s here now until at least January.

I think Levy was waiting to use the Eriksen transfer money to buy Fernandes. Because Eriksen will now be leaving for free I think Levy is having a hard time sleeping at night.

Trust me on this one....Levy sleeps like a baby every night, nothing rattles him. He's too astute a businessman for that and has probably already worked out some tax rebate application to cover Eriksen's lost transfer fee 😎

Wonder if Poch is waiting to see if we pick up any injuries in the Woolwich game before deciding if the Wanyama deal can go through.

Reason is with KWP tweet below it looks as if he might be back for Palace ( or if not the next game,), Dele should be back fully fit by Palace as should Lo Celso probably Ndombele and possibly Sessegnon and if Eriksen is staying ( as looks increasingly likely) it means that the injury list will be down to :
- Foyth possibly back end Septembr
- Dier , unclear on timing

With only 2 players out injured Spurs have decent cover at CM (Ndombele Winks Sissoko Skipp and the injured Dier - plus Eriksen, Delle and Lo Celso could play there. at RB once KWP is back and if we keep Aurier KWP has cover until Foyth is back ( probably end September) whilst Sissoko could cover as well.

Think the injury crisis could be at an end after the international break - and selling Wanyama frees up an overseas trained player place ( and we have been trying to sell him for over s year - Bruges is managed by a former teammate and mentor of Wanyama do would be crazy to turn the opportunity to see him to Bruges whilst we can).

Freeing up an overseas trained player place is vital to getting in s couple of players in January, who might contribute in he 2nd half of the season or at worst will be integrated in before the start of next desson

My sweet prince :(
Maybe we'll come back in for him. Maybe not.

My gut feeling is that Eriksen is going nowhere and will walk on a free.

In that case, I think we'll see Fernandes or Dybala in ASAP.

With the Neymar move seemingly collapsed then all those moves that followed will also collapse ... very late now to do anything for Barca / RM / Juve / PSG .... which means Eriksen likely stays

The good news is Dybala looks like he's stuck ... must make a January move very likely ... Eriksen out and somebody in ....

Last edited:
Can only see that happening in January if Eriksen is sold by the end of this European window. If he (Eriksen) is not sold or sign a new contract with us then he will be open to negotiate with European sides in Jan, meaning we will have him until the end of the season. I believe this means we are more than covered in the attacking midfield options and we would be better suited to strengthen elsewhere in the short term. We could certainly make a move in the summer once CE is gone for sure depending Fernandes' form this season.

All speculation on my part of course. I think we would be better suited looking for a backup striker or new RB this coming January.

Sorry but that's not very smart. If we know Eriksen is going next summer then January is the right time to buy someone like Fernandes. Get him in whilst we have the chance and completely sideline Eriksen until he leaves. We must move on and not wait around for the inevitable that's going to happen anyway. Be proactive rather than reactive when it might be too late. Next summer it's the euros and again it will be hard to do business in the transfer market. January is perfect to do some deals and we cannot waste time anymore.

Sorry but that's not very smart. If we know Eriksen is going next summer then January is the right time to buy someone like Fernandes. Get him in whilst we have the chance and completely sideline Eriksen until he leaves. We must move on and not wait around for the inevitable that's going to happen anyway. Be proactive rather than reactive when it might be too late. Next summer it's the euros and again it will be hard to do business in the transfer market. January is perfect to do some deals and we cannot waste time anymore.

Totally agree if Eriksen hasn't signed a new contract release him in January ... bring in a player who can hopefully find their feet fast, but if not at least they will be fully acclimatised for nest season ...

Dybala, Fernandes and probably one or two more will be available, CL football might be the clincher so we need to get past the group stages to keep us an attractive proposition ...

It hurts my head to see people suggest we just bench Eriksen for half a season or more just because he is running his contract down.

As long as he makes the team better, we play him.

That doesn't mean I'm opposed to bringing somebody in during the Jan window so they can get bedded in. Though Jan is a difficult time to find bargains. But letting Eriksen play and bedding in a new signing are not mutually exclusive, i.e. when Lucas signed he didn't get a ton of minutes that Spring but he played a bit and got acclimated to the squad and the training regime and then got a full Summer under his belt.

All the league windows close at different times today.

Jesus nothing is simple.

And just to add confusion, the Portugese window doesn't end until 22 September -Marcus Edwards said to be taking to a Portugese club apparently after talks with Udinese (Italy) weren't going well

Thought I'd bump this.

European transfer deadline day - Monday, 2 SeptemberDeadline (times all BST)
English League One and Two17:00
Bundesliga17:00
Serie A19:00
La Liga23:00
Ligue 123:00
Scottish leaguesMidnight

Back
Top Bottom