Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And they're all wrong.
Champions League
3-0 against Borussia Dortmund
3-4 comeback against Man City
2 -3 Ajax comeback

All without Kane. He hadn't played since April 9th, only been back in training for a week. Was not match fit so no guarantee of him lasting 90 minutes. That would mean if it had gone to penalties he could well have been off the pitch...and without a doubt he's someone you'd want to take a penalty for us. Far better to put the semi final hero on and Harry later just in case a shootout was required.

But as you say "We are all wrong"

Champions League
3-0 against Borussia Dortmund
3-4 comeback against Man City
2 -3 Ajax comeback

All without Kane. He hadn't played since April 9th, only been back in training for a week. Was not match fit so no guarantee of him lasting 90 minutes. That would mean if it had gone to penalties he could well have been off the pitch...and without a doubt he's someone you'd want to take a penalty for us. Far better to put the semi final hero on and Harry later just in case a shootout was required.

But as you say "We are all wrong"

FFS stop going on about that fucking game, that most of us what to forget ever happened, and stop rewriting a version of it that never existed based on what happened in the second half of one game.

FFS stop going on about that fucking game, that most of us what to forget ever happened, and stop rewriting a version of it that never existed based on what happened in the second half of one game.
You should never,ever forget your defeats, feel the hurt and learn from them. That's the way to really enjoy and celebrate your victories. Works for both players and supporters.

Yeah, you've told us this a thousand times already, and no average performances from Lucas Moura whenever he starts seem to change your mind. Go rewatch the first 135 minutes the Ajax tie and try and tell us you think we wouldn't have done much better with Kane playing instead of Moura.

We dominated the entire second game. Their two goals came out of nowhere. We kept dominating after that. Then Lucas scored a hat trick.

There is better team for the club than merely being a "Harry Kane team". Well I shouldn't really say that because the Harry Kane team is definitely above average and feels fantastic at times. But the club could have a better team with HARRY that is. Just stop being the " Harry Kane team so much. Predictable. Not as efficient as the team for the club could be. Wasting a season after a season with these wonderful footballers we happen to have. Not totally wasting I shouldn't say but definitely not fully utilizing them. Haven't you learned anything from the last CL?

There is better team for the club than merely being a "Harry Kane team". Well I shouldn't really say that because the Harry Kane team is definitely above average and feels fantastic at times. But the club could have a better team with HARRY that is. Just stop being the " Harry Kane team so much. Predictable. Not as efficient as the team for the club could be. Wasting a season after a season with these wonderful footballers we happen to have. Not totally wasting I shouldn't say but definitely not fully utilizing them. Haven't you learned anything from the last CL?

:deledoubt:

You should never,ever forget your defeats, feel the hurt and learn from them. That's the way to really enjoy and celebrate your victories. Works for both players and supporters.
Not allowed to mention losing the CL final.....get over it mate just another game.
Why be angry.....imagine if Trippier cost us the trophy, no one would mention it.

mail2.jpg

These are such incriminating pictures, with their defender holding his hands up like that. What the photos don't show is what happened before, ie the shove. Everybody knows defenders take up that pose straight after they do something.
Not saying that the shove was a big one, but every forward on this planet goes down when they are touched in the penalty area, and have been doing so for years now.

These are such incriminating pictures, with their defender holding his hands up like that. What the photos don't show is what happened before, ie the shove. Everybody knows defenders take up that pose straight after they do something.
Not saying that the shove was a big one, but every forward on this planet goes down when they are touched in the penalty area, and have been doing so for years now.
Agreed, wasn’t sure at the time it actually happened but on seeing the replays from different angles I felt pretty sure the penalty would be awarded after the VAR review.

He got shoved in the back as simple as that, he was trying to shield the ball and felt contact, he had every right to go down. Ex-strikers like Alan Shearer tell us this every time, you feel contact in the box you go down. We've all seen Salah get penalties for way less that that. If Kane had jumped over a non existent leg I'd be disappointed.

Nobody blames Kane for wanting to play. Any professional footballer would crawl on bloodied stumps across the touchline to get on the pitch of a CL final. He simply was not match fit for such an important game. I would have started with Moura and then hopefully second half when we were comfortably ahead put Harry on as a 20 min sub so that he could genuinely share in the victory celebrations.....but what do I know :( :thumbdown: 😎
I think you missed my point.

I think it's quite funny to see people writing of Kane. It has happened to him so many times in his career.

He takes a while to back in full flow after injuries, but if he can stay away injuries he will start flying again.

Never doubt this man.

I think the problem with Kane is he is that good we all have extremely high standards for him. Personally, I thought he was really poor last night but he scored again and contributed to the goal. I feel he looked sluggish, I think this is a phrase that gets chucked in Kane's direction a lot when he doesn't have a good game but last night it was true. The last few years have been the first time in my life where we have had a reliable goal scoring striker. Keane, Berbatov, Defoe were all great players but none of them did it with the consistency of Kane. If any of them had a game like last night it would be a solid effort, but because we know Kane is one of the best strikers in the world and has a lot more to his game then just goals it was disappointing seeing him lose the ball so often and once again look to go to ground for a penalty rather than be brave and attack, not to mention his hesitation for the chance where he needlessly took a touch.

He got a little shove but tried to wrap his legs around the defender to make it look worse.....lazy decsion and if he just toplled over his own mometum it would have gone to VAR and been given.

Id say you live and learn, but he doesnt

He wasn’t alone in looking a bit leggy yesterday, thought Lamela looked tired and was certain Ali was his replacement. Sometimes feel players first instincts are to go down in the box but being strong can often pay off as the defender can’t be as aggressive.

Him playing deeper and heading the ball on shows why we should have kept Llorente. Changes the build up, even if a defender gets to the ball it’s more natural for an attacking player with momentum to grab the rebound.

I think you missed my point.
You wrote...
How can people blame Kane for wanting to play in the CL final? Really bizarre.
I replied that nobody blames Kane for wanting to play, it's the fact he was actually allowed to that puzzled everybody.
So what other point are you referring to ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom