Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

cretinousgoat cretinousgoat ya fat wally cunt...
Leicester won the League and their best players were Vardy, Mahrez and Ozazaki.
They had Huth at CB.

People say this happens once in a lifetime (not in mine anyway) and genuinely try to compare the gap between us and Leicester to the gap between us and City or Chelsea.

Apparently in the 2-2 the other day was a tactical masterpiece on our part. Our brilliant manager outwitted the Billionaires etc etc etc
Why cant we win the Carabou though…...oh yeah, because City are too strong.

The above post is all factual.
:dembelefingers:

Because twats like you think that Poch is Jesus Christ and anything said against him is blasphemy.

I heard it al about AVB too.....when 5th was better than 4th and having a record points tally was more fun than beating AC Milan under Redknapp
in fairness mate, you describing anyone who defends Poch as a sect is no different to folk calling you a cunt for being critical.

both a bit silly in equal measure.

Because twats like you think that Poch is Jesus Christ and anything said against him is blasphemy.

I heard it al about AVB too.....when 5th was better than 4th and having a record points tally was more fun than beating AC Milan under Redknapp
Embarrassing melting even by your standards

in fairness mate, you describing anyone who defends Poch as a sect is no different to folk calling you a cunt for being critical.

both a bit silly in equal measure.

No because its ok to criticise Poch which is what some dont understand.
Heres a summary of my views ( and I can dig up old posts which back them all)

Poch is the best manager we´ve had in decades
We´ve beaten some of the best teams in the world under him
Played some of our best football in my life under him
He´s transformed many average players into title contenders
I Think he will win stuff here
I want him to stay
He seems like a top bloke
He understands the club

However:
He hasnt utilised the squad in terms of all the players hes had at his disposal in 5 years
He has dismissed the domestics
Some players have a license to play poorly and still be picked
He has bizarely dropped Jan
Our tactics in a the Diamond is confusing to the players (his Words) we look terrible playing it, but he keeps with it.
We abandon the press (our most effective style of play)
We go behind in games way too often
We cant defend set pieces

Feel free to disagree with any of that, but the difference is I have the ability see good and bad in the manager. Thats not being in a sect.

The fact I will soon be banned for my views says everything you need to know.....you can only repeat yourself if you´re tugging him off.

No because its ok to criticise Poch which is what some dont understand.
Heres a summary of my views ( and I can dig up old posts which back them all)

Poch is the best manager we´ve had in decades
We´ve beaten some of the best teams in the world under him
Played some of our best football in my life under him
He´s transformed many average players into title contenders
I Think he will win stuff here
I want him to stay
He seems like a top bloke
He understands the club

However:
He hasnt utilised the squad in terms of all the players hes had at his disposal in 5 years
He has dismissed the domestics
Some players have a license to play poorly and still be picked
He has bizarely dropped Jan
Our tactics in a the Diamond is confusing to the players (his Words) we look terrible playing it, but he keeps with it.
We abandon the press (our most effective style of play)
We go behind in games way too often
We cant defend set pieces

Feel free to disagree with any of that, but the difference is I have the ability see good and bad in the manager. Thats not being in a sect.

The fact I will soon be banned for my views says everything you need to know.....you can only repeat yourself if you´re tugging him off.
i dont disagree, i'm merely saying that anyone calling you a cunt for that is just as silly as you calling them a sect for not agreeing, and vice versa.

this board is so black and white at times, it seems anyone that doesn't agree 100% is an apologist or a cunt. I usually find the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

not having a pop at you mate just a general point.

i dont disagree, i'm merely saying that anyone calling you a cunt for that is just as silly as you calling them a sect for not agreeing, and vice versa.

And thats fair enough but the difference is that actually agree with most peoples positive views.

I dont think Im being out of line by saying the City game wasnt a genius set up

In five years, Poch has been in 2 cup finals, 3 cup semi-finals, and been top 4 in the league the last 4 seasons. I'd like to have won a cup but it's not like there aren't signs it's coming.

not forseen

Who would have thought that the European clubs would not change their transfer window for us and that they would excel in such a scenario, circling around English clubs like vultures and pressuring them to sell? I get your point but this wasn't remotely "unforeseen".

Who would have thought that the European clubs would not change their transfer window for us and that they would excel in such a scenario, circling around English clubs like vultures and pressuring them to sell? I get your point but this wasn't remotely "unforeseen".
Agreed
Thing is the change we made, makes perfect sense. They’re just being pricks

Perhaps I am under analyzing two topics which seem to reoccur on this thread; however, I think it is very possible that there is a logical reason Jan has not featured yet that we are simply not privy to at this point. Second, while we haven’t looked great in the diamond, and Poch has said it is confusing to the players at this point, perhaps he thinks, that, like most complicated things in life, it requires an academic understanding and practice/experience to become second nature. I think he believes it can be our best formation once everyone gets on the same level of understanding and is not willing to discard it out of hand. I also imagine we will see Jan sooner, rather than later, with no explanation from player, Poch, or club.

In five years, Poch has been in 2 cup finals, 3 cup semi-finals, and been top 4 in the league the last 4 seasons. I'd like to have won a cup but it's not like there aren't signs it's coming.

He's done brilliantly, sustained excellence of a type that would not be reflected just by nicking a cup somewhere along the line.

But the point of football is to win things, and it will be an absolute tragedy if the Poch era ends trophyless. This is the greatest managerial tenure at a club without silverware to show for it in the history of the global game by an absolute country mile (Moyes' Everton weren't nearly as good, Klaus Topmoller did the runner-up treble at Bayer Leverkusen but that was his only full season, we've sustained well longer than Kevin Keegan's Newcastle), it's beyond unprecedented for this sustained quality to go totally unrewarded.

All of which is to say, I've got blue balls over here, and who am I kidding to pretend otherwise?

Last edited:
Is the League Cup really that great of a legacy? Even the FA Cup isn't really all that anymore and whom amongst us gets excited at the thought of our playing at Wembley? I was there when we played Rochdale in from of 20k spectators? Were you?

What's the prize for lifting either? A place in the EL. Oh...goodie. Can't even have a parade if you win the League Cup as it's almost mid-season and a bit shit to hold one a few months later.

The FA Cup is a glorious old cup but emphasis on the 'old'. It would be nice to win but not the epoch-shaking event some on here seem to think it would be.

If anything we have been spoilt by Poch not the opposite and are incredibly lucky to have him. We might have given the job full-time to Tim or appointed De Boer in the summer of 2014 instead of Poch.

Be careful of what you wish for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom